Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
jaytee Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Just wondering if this is a regional thing or just a certain store policy thing or what? Seems Wally world only releases small amounts at a time but other stores seem to have better supplies. I did get lucky yesterday and found 3 100 round boxes of Winny at WW but they limit you to 3 boxes. Talked to a guy Saturday at a gun auction who bought 2 500 round bricks at Academy the other day but I've never found any there. Are the manufactures really that far behind as far as production goes or is there more to the story? Just curious.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My nephew works for ATK and says that they are pumping out 22 ammo as fast as their able to and are increasing capacity to make more per day. He says the largest percentage of their orders are to Wally World.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
J
jaytee Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Just curious if they're running 24-7 or not. Seems to be a great time to be in the ammo producing bidness!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven't seen any 22LR on the shelves at Sportsmans Whs or Wally's in weeks. None at all, even the off brands.

This is from the FAQ at CCI. It doesn't cover 22LR specifically, though.

We are currently experiencing high demand for our products. We appreciate your patience and support and remain committed to serving all of our customers, from hunters and sport shooters to those who protect our country and our streets.

Q: Does the recent news regarding a major U.S. lead smelter shutting down mean you'll have trouble obtaining lead for manufacturing conventional ammunition?
A: At this time we do not anticipate any additional strain on our ability to obtain lead.

Q: Why is ammunition in certain calibers so hard to find?
A: The current market and environment is causing stronger than usual demand for products in our industry.

Q: Are certain contracts taking ammunition away from civilians?
A: No. We remain committed to serving all channels of our business. The majority of our product serves the commercial market.

Q: Is DHS buying more ammunition today than ever before?
A: Department of Homeland Security ammunition purchases have been declining since 2009. It is projected that it will continue on this trend. Read the GAO report.

Q: Why can't you just make more ammunition?
A: Our facilities operate 24-hours a day. We are continually making process improvements to increase our efficiency and investing in capital and personnel where we have sustained demand. We are bringing additional capacity online again this year.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
where is it going? There has been a shortage for years now

I mean ...how much hoarding can people do?

some where out there, some guy has the Fort Knox of .22ammo

Last edited by KFWA; 01/17/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Bought so much from Academy in the last 2 months here in Texas that we stopped buying.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imagine what the Chinese army is going to think when they march on America and first discover the govt warehouses full...

LOL
J
jaytee Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
There's obviously no doubt that hoarding is going on. I know of an individual who fairly recently bought 25K worth of .22 ammo and is keeping some and selling some. How many more like that are out there? My guess is LOTS!!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Imagine what the Chinese army is going to think when they march on America and first discover the govt warehouses full...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First time in years I've found .22 ammo was a couple months ago, in a small town hardware store. They allowed me to purchase 9 boxes total, 3 different brands for about $65.

I kind of felt lucky to find some, which is ridiculous.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
what brand is 'winny'?

Yeah, there is a nationwide shortage of .22 LR. Has been for about 4 years now. Lots of talk as to why, and that the manufacturers are pumping out billions of rounds. Maybe, but still, there is a nationwide shortage.

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Been able to buy Federal Auto Match for $20 ea. at Bass Pro. They had 10 cases but limit to 2 per customer due to hoarders trying to buy up their entire deliveries. They also have the Winchester 333 packs. They seem to be getting a steady flow.
I recently bought some of the Federal for $25/325 + shipping from Target Sports USA so the $20 is good.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Often you can get stuff online from Sportsmans Whs that they don't have in the stores. If you order it to be shipped to the store, shipping is free.
Lately, they don't have 22LR online in any brand.

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I find some around here but it sure seems expensive. I don't even know what I "should" be paying anymore. I'm looking for 500 rds for $25 bux. Don't know if I'll ever find it again....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You can blame The Government, The Manufacturers, The Retailers, all want to . . .

I know it sounds crazy, but real the enemy is US!

J
jaytee Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
what brand is 'winny'?

Yeah, there is a nationwide shortage of .22 LR. Has been for about 4 years now. Lots of talk as to why, and that the manufacturers are pumping out billions of rounds. Maybe, but still, there is a nationwide shortage.

Winchester. I paid 7.50 per 100 including tax. I know you can find it cheaper, I think the guy I referenced at Academy paid 5 something per 100 and I think he said it was CCI. I know that a lot of folks are paying 10 to 11 dollars per hundred on the local auction sites around here but I aint gonna.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You can blame The Government, The Manufacturers, The Retailers, all you want to . . .
I know it sounds crazy, but real the enemy is us.
Panic buying Hoarders, and it's not just ammo.
________

If you want to order 22 Ammo (Bulk):

>> http://www.cdnnsports.com/ammunition.html# <<

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How many shooters have 20k or more rounds stashed away but keep buying more? There's your problem.

― George Orwell

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by P_Weed
You can blame The Government, The Manufacturers, The Retailers, all you want to . . .
I know it sounds crazy, but real the enemy is US!

If you want to order 22 Ammo (Bulk):

>> http://www.cdnnsports.com/ammunition.html# <<

Rip off City.I have bought 6 (500 count)Bricks the last few weeks average price $29 .00 plus tax.There seems to be more in stock now ,than for several years.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's in stock pretty much everywhere around here these days - I've seen CCI minimags and std velocity, WW Super X as well as one or two other types, Federal Automatch, etc. Academy is limiting it to 1000rds, but they have plenty. One gunshop has probably 12-15 different types.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (808outdoors, 325wsm1, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 16 invisible), 14,095 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,109
Posts18,541,947
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.