Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Amazing!

Some folks are just now discovering what many of us knew.....50 friggin years ago!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Due to the depth or degredation in many NYC schools and the disgusting power of entrenched interests there - looks like a hopeless situation. Maybe best to burn it down and start over.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
And there in lies the problem. Liberals think that they can change the nature of these thugs whether they are felons in prison or the Ayatollahs in Iran - with kind thoughts and rainbows of happiness.

You put rabid animals down.

They created the thugs through LBJ's War on the Poor. The welfare system corrupts the soul when your able to work and instead choose to leach off society. They choose welfare rather than taking care of their families. They have children in order to increase their welfare checks and mistreat them so they can live better. They choose not to earn an education, not to work and not to obey the law. This culture of evil was created by welfare and it can be killed off by ending welfare for those who could work.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
This culture of evil was created by welfare and it can be killed off by ending welfare for those who could work.

Well, you're right about what created it, but it will take several generations to cure it if we cut off the welfare today.

Avalanches are hard to stop.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not that I want to play sociologist here, but there is a more basic force at work in these lives.

Without solid parenting, these kids hit puberty without any built in restraint on their urges. I'm not speaking only of their sexual urges, but any urge.

For guidance, the 12-13 year olds look up to the 17-18 year olds who are smoking, drinking, screwing, fighting and drug dealing. That's the adult life they see. They go home, and Mama is off at the club - drinking, smoking, screwing and fighting - while grandmom looks after them.

That's the life. Run by bullies and dedicated to getting high and getting laid. Not much emphasis on education, not that math or literature will benefit them in getting high or getting laid, so why bother?

Their lives are run by one simple dictum - If It Feels Good, Do it!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
And there in lies the problem. Liberals think that they can change the nature of these thugs whether they are felons in prison or the Ayatollahs in Iran - with kind thoughts and rainbows of happiness.

You put rabid animals down.

They created the thugs through LBJ's War on the Poor. The welfare system corrupts the soul when your able to work and instead choose to leach off society. They choose welfare rather than taking care of their families. They have children in order to increase their welfare checks and mistreat them so they can live better. They choose not to earn an education, not to work and not to obey the law. This culture of evil was created by welfare and it can be killed off by ending welfare for those who could work.
Damned right!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari
Not that I want to play sociologist here, but there is a more basic force at work in these lives.

Without solid parenting, these kids hit puberty without any built in restraint on their urges. I'm not speaking only of their sexual urges, but any urge.

For guidance, the 12-13 year olds look up to the 17-18 year olds who are smoking, drinking, screwing, fighting and drug dealing. That's the adult life they see. They go home, and Mama is off at the club - drinking, smoking, screwing and fighting - while grandmom looks after them.

That's the life. Run by bullies and dedicated to getting high and getting laid. Not much emphasis on education, not that math or literature will benefit them in getting high or getting laid, so why bother?

If only Lincoln hadn't been assassinated.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I believe that your post is in the 10-ring.

I tutored "at risk" minority kids, all Afro-American, for awhile, but stopped when I finally realized that I cared about their success more than they did. Although I have no proof, I believe that the kids who I tutored were capable of academic success, they, as a group, just didn't view academic success as the road to a better life. I don't even know if they could envision what a better life would look like. It seems that academic success has a negative stigma in the poor Black community, in that a kid from that community who does well is "trying to be white". Heck, I even had one kid tell me that my "ride" was a POS 'cause I didn't have low-profile tires and 20" rims on it.

I knew that it was time to leave when the kids couldn't be bothered to do their homework assignments or even bring their workbooks, scratch paper, or pencils to the tutoring sessions.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
At the heart of it are two things that drive the black culture of failure. 1) Lassitude. They are simply too lazy to do the work. Assuming even mediocre ability, simply doing the work expected of you, will result in at least SOME success. 2) Fear. They have a great fear (as do a lot of other people) that if they DO apply themselves, they will fail. They may. Failure is a part of life.Overcoming that failure is called character. I do not think they have any of that, so they are defeated by their fear

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

We need to make the consequences of "doing it" be more painful than the pleasure of "doing it", and the consequences of not doing what is expected of them more painful than the effort it takes to do them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad

We need to make the consequences of "doing it" be more painful than the pleasure of "doing it", and the consequences of not doing what is expected of them more painful than the effort it takes to do them.

You are assuming that these titans of intellect have the power of foresight - they don't.

The pain of doing doing time is far greater than the pleasure of selling weed, but they do it. Being pregnant is far more inconvenient than taking The Pill, but they don't.

Their whole lives are in the moment.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You have a valid point; but I do think that if the hammer (it can be a lot of things, "time" is only one of them) is big enough, it will deter at least some of them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I believe that your post is in the 10-ring.

I tutored "at risk" minority kids, all Afro-American, for awhile, but stopped when I finally realized that I cared about their success more than they did. Although I have no proof, I believe that the kids who I tutored were capable of academic success, they, as a group, just didn't view academic success as the road to a better life. I don't even know if they could envision what a better life would look like. It seems that academic success has a negative stigma in the poor Black community, in that a kid from that community who does well is "trying to be white". Heck, I even had one kid tell me that my "ride" was a POS 'cause I didn't have low-profile tires and 20" rims on it.

I knew that it was time to leave when the kids couldn't be bothered to do their homework assignments or even bring their workbooks, scratch paper, or pencils to the tutoring sessions.

100%. . Saw, lived and am witness to what social engineering and busing did to a whole school system, and a whole county.

The first bunch were motived and bright. Next batch were apathetic, and once the racial ratio hit 50 - 50%, the "F.U.!" attitudes became the norm and command and control of the class rooms were a thing of the past.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Steve
I pine for the days when my shop teacher could stick a cattle prod on the ear ear of a sleeping student and the kid jumping awake wearing the desk around his waist.

I had a shop teacher who actually punched out 3 guys in the parking lot after school. Fat lips, swollen jaws and one lost a tooth. Ah the good old days.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 204guy, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,611
Posts18,532,845
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.