Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BountyHunter

I used to work at Quantico...

As what - the janitor?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Also, why did he make a point of TAKING OFF the one gun he was known to carry, a western revolver in western holster ON HIS RIGHT side and leave it before leaving to go to a meeting with the sheriff, which is what they were supposed to be doing?

JFC, there's some retards here! Have you seen any of the recent news clips of the idiot wearing two guns, one (a revolver) on his right hip and the other (a 9mm auto) in a shoulder holster on his off-side? Right there in plain [bleep] view of God and everyone about 10 times on the news, and I even posted a still shot earlier in this thread for you mentally challenged types. The stupid [bleep] also made comments on live TV that he wouldn't be taken alive.

Well then it jumped from an inside shoulder holster to his offside outside coat pocket right? They found it in an outside coat pocket on the left, not in a shoulder holster they say. Plus IF you are going to take it out of the shoulder holster, 99.9% put it in the strong side pocket. Why even take it out of the shoulder holster? Now who is the retard?

Now, there's a question that you should really ponder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by FreeMe

He was reaching for the gunshot wound on his left side, where he was shot AFTER the FBI opened fire on everyone in the vehicle BEFORE anyone got out.

Interesting fact too, he was right handed and they found a gun "later" in his left pocket. However, he made a point to take off the western belt, holster and gun he was normally wearing on his RIGHT side and leave it at the refuge as they were going in town to talk to the sheriff it is reported. Numerous pics of him wearing that rig on his right side.

So how many of you normally stick a pistol in your offside coat pocket?

Ruby Ridge all over again it is starting to smell like.

It's amazing to me that this thread could go so long and still collect ignorant comments such as this.

It doesn't amaze me at all.

Yeah - I should know better.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put my vest pocket 25 in the weak side pants pocket or jacket pocket.

Strong side is for the real gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SCT
Statement from the Lavoy Finicum family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqUQi6-_2aQ

We

Todd

Did

The people buying into that statement and the 18 y/o girl's statement show just how much can be stirred up by ignorant assumptions.

IC B2

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
[quote=SCT]

As I said before, the silent video from the airborne camera raised more questions than it answered.

You have to be born a complete fugking moron to believe this.

Yes, I am a well known moron. Perhaps you could assist me and answer some of those questions for me based on that video. When were the first shots fired? Did Lavoy's hands go to his side before or after he was shot? Why did his hands appear to go for gun at least twice, and yet he produced no firearm? If he intended to commit suicide by cop why not exit the vehicle with a drawn weapon? Why would the FBI go to the trouble of having airborne video footage, but haven't produced any ground footage with sound which might add clarity to the situation?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCT
[quote=SCT]

As I said before, the silent video from the airborne camera raised more questions than it answered.

You have to be born a complete fugking moron to believe this.

Yes, I am a well known moron. Perhaps you could assist me and answer some of those questions for me based on that video. When were the first shots fired? Did Lavoy's hands go to his side before or after he was shot? Why did his hands appear to go for gun at least twice, and yet he produced no firearm? If he intended to commit suicide by cop why not exit the vehicle with a drawn weapon? Why would the FBI go to the trouble of having airborne video footage, but haven't produced any ground footage with sound which might add clarity to the situation?

That logic has no place in this discussion. crazy

If you don't want answers to those questions you're a complete fugking moron from Montana.

LOL
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SCT
If he intended to commit suicide by cop why not exit the vehicle with a drawn weapon?

No offense, but you're assuming that someone that is contemplating suicide by cop is going to do it in a manner that is logical, coherent, and easily discerned by other people?

Something I've learned years ago is that it will take a real "different" type of person to discern the actions of someone not behaving "logically".

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by SCT
If he intended to commit suicide by cop why not exit the vehicle with a drawn weapon?

No offense, but you're assuming that someone that is contemplating suicide by cop is going to do it in a manner that is logical, coherent, and easily discerned by other people?

Something I've learned years ago is that it will take a real "different" type of person to discern the actions of someone not behaving "logically".

The 'intent' seemed fairly straightforward and clear to me just from the way their SUV came rolling in to the roadblock.

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And don't forget HIS public statement that he'd, "Rather be dead than caged".

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

C'mon now...... you MUST be surprised that the thread is doing so well without my input.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by SCT

I don't think I assumed anything. I just want to know how those questions are answered by that video. It is certainly possible that Lavoy exited that vehicle with the intention committing suicide, or decided to draw a weapon after he exited. It is also possible, as two witnesses have stated, that his hands were in the air when he was shot. I can't be sure based on that video, but then I am intellectually challenged.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570

C'mon now...... you MUST be surprised that the thread is doing so well without my input.

Nah...you, at least, don't like to get made look stupid. We all make mistakes, but there comes a time when we need to man up to them and save a little dignity.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCT

It is also possible, as two witnesses have stated, that his hands were in the air when he was shot. I can't be sure based on that video, but then I am intellectually challenged.

You're not challenged, you're asking questions that need answering. THE questions that need answering. Without the answers to those questions, we DO NOT KNOW what happened.

The one's that don't care about precisely those questions, for the sake of accuracy, have drunk the guv Koolaid and can be ignored.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
One witness said she was on the floorboard with her "eyes down" and heard police shoot the vehicle "at least 100 times". Shawna Cox was interviewed by a reporter over the phone in jail and said Finicum had a pistol and repeatedly told police, "Just shoot me, just shoot me", as he exited the truck. And the idiot claiming to be shot in the wrist was likely hit with a less lethal round.

Finicum got exactly what he wanted, dead. The good thing is, assisted suicide is legal in Oregon.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
This thread is an excellent example of the ignorance that consumes our citizens today.

I HIGHLY recommend a whole bunch of you read up and study the 4th Amendment and how it is interpreted by the courts in our country today. More specifically, Graham vs Connor.

Dave

Good read, thanks for the tip.

I am surprised at the "objective reasonableness" standard. Considering the wildly varied (crazy) reactions on this forum to the FBI footage, i am going to go out on a limb and say- objectivity may be the weakness in this standard. With intent being out of bounds, it basically comes down to the sensibilities of a jury. OK

S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
[quote=Peator][quote=deflave]This thread is an excellent example of the ignorance that consumes our citizens today.

I HIGHLY recommend a whole bunch of you read up and study the 4th Amendment and how it is interpreted by the courts in our country today. More specifically, Graham vs Connor.

Thanks, I looked that up. It was interesting.
"...the question is whether the officers' actions are 'objectively reasonable' in light of the facts and circumstances confronting them, without regard to their underlying intent or motivation.."

If Lavoy appeared to reach for a weapon then the officers' actions would be considered reasonable by most. If he was shot with his hands the air and instinctively grasped at his wounds, or reached for a weapon after he was shot then many would not consider that reasonable. I still can't tell by watching that video.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by SCT

It is also possible, as two witnesses have stated, that his hands were in the air when he was shot. I can't be sure based on that video, but then I am intellectually challenged.

You're not challenged, you're asking questions that need answering. THE questions that need answering. Without the answers to those questions, we DO NOT KNOW what happened.

The one's that don't care about precisely those questions, for the sake of accuracy, have drunk the guv Koolaid and can be ignored.

For some of us, it's not that we don't care - it's that we take the video in the context of the witness statements.....some of which are absolutely ridiculous.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Armchair Matlocks at the 'fire, TFF.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, it's the 24 Hour Campfire CSI Special Target Forensic Unit (24HCFCSISTFU).

The Special Targets are those acting "under color of law".

Last edited by Cheyenne; 02/01/16. Reason: add 2d paragraph

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (16gage, 16penny, 12savage, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 47 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,140
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.