Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So no vote for Rubio at all, meaning you're ok with the whole SCOTUS issue? got it. Apparently, stupid's bone deep...

It looks like that's what he's saying jorge. We just have to pray there aren't too many voters that dim.

Trump sure isn't my first choice. He's said so many things that are offensive to me during his life. But of course I would vote for him over Hilary instead of sitting on my hands and pouting.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a thought. Saying that you will not vote for "so and so" because it is against your principles, does not mean that you actually have principles. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by McInnis
So no vote for Rubio at all, meaning you're ok with the whole SCOTUS issue? got it. Apparently, stupid's bone deep...

It looks like that's what he's saying jorge. We just have to pray there aren't too many voters that dim.

Trump sure isn't my first choice. He's said so many things that are offensive to me during his life. But of course I would vote for him over Hilary instead of sitting on my hands and pouting.

Oh, but there are. The last election proved that. BTW, just found out that Cruz is a Baptist. A Cuban Baptist? sounds fishy.. Might have to rethink...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Oh, but there are. The last election proved that. BTW, just found out that Cruz is a Baptist. A Cuban Baptist? sounds fishy.. Might have to rethink...

That's because you're not a Cuban.

___

The first Cuban Baptists were patriots who were exiled to the United States during the Ten Years' War (1868–1878). Some became Baptists while in the U. S., and later returned to Cuba. Exile Albert Díaz joined a church in New York City. He returned to Cuba in 1882, and organized an independent congregation at Havana in 1883. In 1885, he was ordained as a Baptist minister, and, in 1886, he led his church to become Baptist. Southern Baptists sent C. R. Daniel to oversee the work in 1901, and he was instrumental in organizing the Baptist Convention of Western Cuba in 1905.

Other Baptist organizations in Cuba are the Baptist Convention of Eastern Cuba or Convención Bautista de Cuba Oriental (org. 1905), the Free Will Baptist Convention of Cuba or Convención Bautista Libre de Cuba (org. 1943), and the Fraternity of Baptist Churches of Cuba or Fraternidad de Iglesias Bautistas de Cuba (org. 1989).

The Fraternity of Baptist Churches was started in 1989 by three churches expelled from the BCWC because of views related to politics, open communion and open baptism. A recent reconciliation between the Fraternity of Baptist Churches in Cuba and the Baptist Convention of Western Cuba led to the "Fraternity" becoming a member of the Baptist World Alliance, of which the Western Convention was already a member. Baptists in Cuba form one of the largest non-Catholic denominations on the island. Churches in Cuba are free to hold meetings in their church buildings or in homes, but not in public places.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That's because you're not a Cuban.

___

The first Cuban Baptists were patriots who were exiled to the United States during the Ten Years' War (1868–1878). Some became Baptists while in the U. S., and later returned to Cuba. Exile Albert Díaz joined a church in New York City. He returned to Cuba in 1882, and organized an independent congregation at Havana in 1883. In 1885, he was ordained as a Baptist minister, and, in 1886, he led his church to become Baptist. Southern Baptists sent C. R. Daniel to oversee the work in 1901, and he was instrumental in organizing the Baptist Convention of Western Cuba in 1905.

Other Baptist organizations in Cuba are the Baptist Convention of Eastern Cuba or Convención Bautista de Cuba Oriental (org. 1905), the Free Will Baptist Convention of Cuba or Convención Bautista Libre de Cuba (org. 1943), and the Fraternity of Baptist Churches of Cuba or Fraternidad de Iglesias Bautistas de Cuba (org. 1989).

The Fraternity of Baptist Churches was started in 1989 by three churches expelled from the BCWC because of views related to politics, open communion and open baptism. A recent reconciliation between the Fraternity of Baptist Churches in Cuba and the Baptist Convention of Western Cuba led to the "Fraternity" becoming a member of the Baptist World Alliance, of which the Western Convention was already a member. Baptists in Cuba form one of the largest non-Catholic denominations on the island. Churches in Cuba are free to hold meetings in their church buildings or in homes, but not in public places.

*I* am not a Cuban???? that will be news to the white sheets crowd here. As to the Baptists, I truly never heard or met one. There were even Cuban Jews I'm told, but probably in the 95 plus percentile, Roman Catholics..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Technically, I don't think Cubans are people.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting premise going around here that if you won't vote for a sleazy Republican, you are in affect supporting Democrats. Then there's the notion that a POS Republican will protect our gun and other rights with SC nominations. So, again, if you don't vote for whomever the GOP nomination is you are by extension supporting Hillary or Bernie Sanders.

Got me thinking,.....

Are those who voted and supported Bush actually responsible for giving us Obama for 8 years because Bush was such a lousy GOP president? Would we have Sotomayor and Kagan on on the Supreme Court today if conservatives had stuck to their principles and refused to support Bush?

Forward to today. If we put someone in like Cruz or Rubio, will their sleaziness lead us to an even more extreme liberal being president in 4 or 8 years from today? Will we blame Cruz or Rubio voters for giving us the first liberal transgender Syrian on the SC?

That 'cause and effect' theory sure can get a man thinking.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. It is a FACT that a "no vote", particularly in a tight race, helps the opposite side one is protesting. Bush is also not a fair comparison in my opinion because of the 9/11 factor. Cruz and Rubio are on the record as being Conservative, especially Cruz (and that's not just me saying that).
They are FAR, FAR from ideal candidates for me, but the way I look at it, at least there is a CHANCE they will do the right thing, whilst a NO or protest vote for a Kook-Fringe candidate, assures a democrat will win.Lastly, just because Trump (a modicum of class??? really??) says they are sleazy doesn't make it so.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Rubio will do whatever his handlers tell him to do

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T

"Are those who voted and supported Bush actually responsible for giving us Obama for 8 years because Bush was such a lousy GOP president? Would we have Sotomayor and Kagan on on the Supreme Court today if conservatives had stuck to their principles and refused to support Bush?

Forward to today. If we put someone in like Cruz or Rubio, will their sleaziness lead us to an even more extreme liberal being president in 4 or 8 years from today? Will we blame Cruz or Rubio voters for giving us the first liberal transgender Syrian on the SC?

That 'cause and effect' theory sure can get a man thinking."

I guess we would have been better off by now if Algore had won in 2000, or John-boy Kerry in '04? Come on, people.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
People just want an out and an excuse
"I didn't vote for either they both sucked"
Those are the people who should shut their pie hole and discuss no politics, since they don't partake in the process,like infants they prefer to let the responsible adults make their choices

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No decision is a decision, that it escapes many is amazing to me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

I guess we would have been better off by now if Algore had won in 2000, or John-boy Kerry in '04? Come on, people.

If we had Kerry, would we have had Romney instead of Obama? I would have taken that trade. Would you?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle
All moot and conjecture

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
All moot and conjecture

I see it different.

Voting for a bad candidate can sometimes do more harm than good. Perhaps some will argue that but I have little doubt that if Bush hadn't been such a lousy president, we never would have seen Obama in office.

And yes I voted for Bush 2 so I'm just as complicit as anyone else.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rrroae

If we had Kerry, would we have had Romney instead of Obama? I would have taken that trade. Would you?

You don't know that we wouldn't have had 8 years of Gore, then 8 years of Hillary. Just vote for the most conservative option you have and don't out-think yourself. Do you think the Dem's let Bush win so that it would set the stage for Obama? No, they fought it all the way to the Supreme Court. As Al Davis said, "Just win, baby!"

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You don't know that we wouldn't have had 8 years of Gore, then 8 years of Hillary. Just vote for the most conservative option you have and don't out-think yourself. Do you think the Dem's let Bush win so that it would set the stage for Obama? No, they fought it all the way to the Supreme Court. As Al Davis said, "Just win, baby!"

After 8 years of Bush followed by 8 years of Obama, I'm in a middle finger kind of mood.

I'm holding out for something better.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
All moot and conjecture

I see it different.

Voting for a bad candidate can sometimes do more harm than good. Perhaps some will argue that but I have little doubt that if Bush hadn't been such a lousy president, we never would have seen Obama in office.

And yes I voted for Bush 2 so I'm just as complicit as anyone else.

A couple of points:
I don't think he was such a bad president. He was handed a schit sandwich with 9/11, and along with the likes of RP, did try and stop the mortgage train wreck which most agree, was the catalyst for the crash.

The media set out to vilify him from day one, and it's a pretty sure bet that as "bad" as you say GWB , Gore would have been better? The rest is pure conjecture. What remains a FACT, is a no or "protest" vote for a kook-candidate, helps the other side..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rex,

Originally Posted by Teddy Roosevelt

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Virginia is a battleground state. There will be an R nominee opposing Hitlery or Sanders. Choose wisely.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A couple of points:
I don't think he was such a bad president. He was handed a schit sandwich with 9/11, and along with the likes of RP, did try and stop the mortgage train wreck which most agree, was the catalyst for the crash.

The media set out to vilify him from day one, and it's a pretty sure bet that as "bad" as you say GWB , Gore would have been better? The rest is pure conjecture. What remains a FACT, is a no or "protest" vote for a kook-candidate, helps the other side..

A president who doubles our national debt, pushes for amnesty for illegals(twice), attacks the wrong country and then proceeds to spend hundreds of billions to rebuild for them(instead of taking their oil) and tries to sell our ports to terrorist middle east countries is not someone I hold any admiration for. He's about 2 pegs below Obama on the schitt chart.

Like I said, I'm holding out for something better.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.