Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Aviator Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
My 48 year old younger brother was recently diagnosed with an aggressive type of prostate cancer, Luckily it hadn't spread ! he will undergo a radical prostectomy on this coming Tuesday please remember him in your Prayers...for all you guy's over 40 out there get your prostate checked yearly It could SAVE YOUR LIFE !!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I told my Doc if I get Prostate Cancer I will die with it, I will not have prostate surgery. He now just checks my PSA once a year.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
My BIL just had surgery for prostate cancer about a month ago. He's around 60 and the prognosis sounds good.

Hoping the best for your little brother.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bea175
I told my Doc if I get Prostate Cancer I will die with it, I will not have prostate surgery. He now just checks my PSA once a year.

They can use radiation. That's what my BIL did and it worked out fine.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The last thing I would do is let them remove my prostate, there are worst things than dying.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Best wishes to your brother.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best of luck to your brother !

Had mine out in 06' "open field surgery" the best way to ensure it's contained. bea, it's a horrible way to die as it spreads to bones and you fall apart.

Get that PSA checked every year ! Two keys in PSA reading if any change:
1. the change in the number.
2. the velocity of change (how fast it changes over time)

Will offer prayer tomorrow.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have been annually tracking PSA for ten years. Dr. says no need for a digital exam with current blood tests.

I am never an easy stick. I still prefer the vampire to the butt rapist.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Prayer sent. I had my prostate removed in 2010 at Johns Hopkins. Got it before it spread.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Done.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Two of my hunting buddies in their late 50s had theirs removed couple years ago.
Both are good to go today.
I get the finger and PSA test annually.

NRA Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Doc says the bad news is if you are male and you live long enough, you'll probably get prostate cancer. The good news is that for most of us it's slow growing enough that we'll die of something else.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck to your brother on his surgery, I pray things turn out well.

Get mine checked every year, God only knows why but Mrs. Mag wants me to stick around.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My Doc says the bad news is if you are male and you live long enough, you'll probably get prostate cancer. The good news is that for most of us it's slow growing enough that we'll die of something else.

My Doctor told me the same thing. I'll be 72 later this month, and he says that my next PSA and finger check will be my last.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Right behind you, last round - no pun intended. I turn 69 in a week or so and have a biannual physical soon after. Doc says I'm healthy enough that he only needs to see me every other year. From my last exam, he said he'd schedule me for another colonoscopy when I'm 70 but because I've been clean until now, that would be my last one of those, too.

I don't mind the finger check, quite honestly. It isn't pleasant but it's no big deal, either. Doc is 20 years younger than I am and he gets upset (in jest) that he has to get up to pee every night but I don't. Says I have the prostate of a 40-yo and he's jealous, lol!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
Prayer sent. I had my prostate removed in 2010 at Johns Hopkins. Got it before it spread.

Presumably by Dr. Patrick Walsh or one of those taught by him. He is now retired, n
but the last I heard, he was still doing operations.

My doctors in Japan, who were pretty impressive, had attended Walsh surgeries in the JH operating theater.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

My Doctor told me the same thing. I'll be 72 later this month, and he says that my next PSA and finger check will be my last.

Don't stop the PSA tests. They told my father the same thing stopped checking him. Last year at 92 he got prostate cancer, couldn't urinate, ended up with 9 weeks of radiation (they wouldn't/couldn't operate b/c of his blood thinners, and age).
Got the cancer OK, but still messed him up and left him with a catheter and bag from now on. If they had still been checking his PSA it may have been caught sooner and treated with less damage.

Last edited by MikeL2; 02/06/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got the news last week, my brother is in the hospital in Arizona with pancreatic cancer. They are getting ready to fly him and his wife home for treatment in Seattle.

It was really devastating news as we lost our dad to pancreatic cancer in May of 1959 at the age of 56.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bea175
The last thing I would do is let them remove my prostate, there are worst things than dying.

Care to explain the thought process?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 71 invisible), 2,871 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,232
Posts18,485,687
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.