Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'll try this here before putting on Gunbroker in case someone is interested. Bought this for my kids years ago and they have now moved on to bolt actions. Great rifle to start youngsters on.

Handi-Rifle in .243 Winchester with Pentax Pioneer 3-9x40 scope with plex reticle in Weaver mounts. The Pentax Pioneer is a Burris Fullfield II made for Pentax by Burris. Condition is at least 98% with just a tiny bit of bluing loss at the muzzle from being slid in and out of soft gun case otherwise pretty much like new. I also have the box for the scope if you want it, scope is like new. Will ship in hard case.

$300 shipped to continental US or make me an offer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 02/06/16.
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
btt

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
The Pentax Pioneer is a Burris Fullfield II made for Pentax by Burris.

Does it say that on the scope?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fredhorace77

No, but it was purchased from Doug at Cameraland. It was Doug who told me that when I bought and having owned a number of FFIIs I have no doubt he is correct.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

No, but it was purchased from Doug at Cameraland. It was Doug who told me that when I bought and having owned a number of FFIIs I have no doubt he is correct.
So you don't know it for fact. Your just taking a guys word for it, correct?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

So you don't know it for fact. Your just taking a guys word for it, correct?

If you're not interested in purchasing just move along, please.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Actually I am interested, that's why I'm trying to get you to clarify and show me proof of what you and your ad claims. Otherwise you are lying in your ad...Period.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Actually I am interested, that's why I'm trying to get you to clarify and show me proof of what you and your ad claims. Otherwise you are lying in your ad...Period.

No. I'm not lying it's pretty common knowledge that these were made by Burris for Pentax. I wouldn't sell it to you now even if you wanted it so move along.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 02/07/16.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Common knowledge is only common if you can commonly prove it...so show me on the box, or on the scope or any documentation that says Burris made these specifically for Pentax and that they are identical scopes as the Burris FFII, Otherwise you are a Liar. And I wouldn't buy anything from someone who lies and tries to pass something off as something it's not. So either man up and provide some proof or crawl back in your whole like a coward and lie.
And one other thing...you just never know when you might run into someone who knows something about what your lying about. Who knows, you could even encounter someone that worked on the development and design of scopes on the internet. I'm not claiming to be that person. But if your going to put an ad up for sale and claim something...Georgia boy, you need to be able to back up what your claiming..otherwise your words are meaningless.

Last edited by fredhorace77; 02/07/16.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You don't have to worry about buying anything from me because I'm not going to sell you anything. Not sure what you're up to but you've basically called not only me but the folks at Cameraland liars. Like I said earlier stop trying to screw up my ad.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I don't see anyone from cameraland on here claiming anything about this scope.

Just you.... and still no proof

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If it is that important to you to find out that information, PM Doug at Cameraland and ask him. I would guess he knows as much about optics as anyone on here.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by mmgravy
If it is that important to you to find out that information, PM Doug at Cameraland and ask him. I would guess he knows as much about optics as anyone on here.
I'm not going to pm anyone. The OP is the one claiming this...not doug. The OP claims he has a scope made specifically for Pentax by Burris, and he claims it's the exact same model as the Burris FF2, All I'm asking for is him to show me proof of that.

And he cant...Period.
And btw, if doug from camera land got on here and had an ad claiming the same thing I would ask him for proof also.
So he either needs to man up and show the proof of what he is claiming, or edit his ad to reflect the fact that he has a Pentax Pioneer scope and knows nothing about it other than it was made in the Philippines and in his opinion it's similar to the Burris FF2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Squirrelnut, sent a PM. I like the scope.

Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have a horse in this race so I'll just give a bump to say, I have a couple of Zeiss Conquest scopes which, according to common knowledge, were made by Meopta. I would have absolutely no way of proving that other than providing that information to an interested party and let them do the research (By the way, when I was told that by a seller, and others, I did my research and discovered it to be true). Good luck to you both in both the sale and the quest to purchase.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 02/07/16.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I got the pop corn ready, this is going to get good. This is alot better than sitting here at the sports show watching people walk by.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Well that's ok, because you know, all Cabela's brand scopes are made by Meopta also...heehee

Oh yeah and there are some Leupold scopes made in an "Asian" Country, Despite the fact it say right on the scope, "Made in USA"... Didn't want to leave the Leupold fans out...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wow, someones team miss the Super Bowl?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
He got his panties in a bunch for sure

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm sure this won't satisfy the troll but here's a couple of Doug's posts where he states they are a Burris Fullfield II, he told me the same on the phone when I bought it on one of his closeouts.

"Check out Pentax Pioneer 4.5-14x42mm @ $159.99 and the Pentax Pioneer 3-9x40mm @ $129.99 These are the same as Burris FFII's but for the prices we're selling them at they can't be bested.

"The Burris is the same scope as the Pentax Pioneer 3-9x40 that we have on promo for only $129.99

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2655803/2

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 02/07/16.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,441 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,411
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.