Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I admit, I didn't watch the half time show last night. I don't care for pop music and find SB halftime shows always overdone and usually distasteful, so I switched channels till the game come back on.
So I didn't find out until today exactly how bad it was, and the race baiting message it was pushing.
Pepsi was all over this, advertising the Super Bowl Halftime Show by Pepsi since the conference championship games 2 weeks ago. I'm not saying that they pushed this crap, but they sure weren't shy about attaching their name to It!
Maybe we ought to see if we can't make our displeasure known with a little pinch in their pocket. We could start by boycotting Pepsi products and letting them know about it.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Excellent idea...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think I have had a Pepsi in 50 years

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
no prob. coke man here. but i hear they make it with dead babies so....., ya.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well...since I haven't drank more than three Pepsi products in the last 65 years or any kind of soda pop in the last 30 I'm with ya all the way brutha....

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
same here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, we should all protest because our 1st Amendment rights ...............wait..........what?

Freedom for all who agree with me!!!!!!!!

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ive been boycotting all Soda Pops for almost a year now.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Snyper
Yeah, we should all protest because our 1st Amendment rights ...............wait..........what?

First Amendment freedom doesn't apply to private sector...unless the government says it does. Pepsi had the right to control the content. So did the NFL for that matter.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A boycott, is inherently a blunt instrument.
It is an imperfect weapon, a carpet bomb,
when all involved would prefer a surgical strike!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm more a coffee drinker myself but I do drink Pepsi on occasion. Matter of fact, I bought my last one just this afternoon.
At any rate, if I you happen to agree, spread the word. I don't do social media stuff other than the Campfire, so I hope some other guys will help get the word out.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't see it either. How was the race baiting message pushed?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

First Amendment freedom doesn't apply to private sector...unless the government says it does. Pepsi had the right to control the content. So did the NFL for that matter.

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree.

Then they want to curtail their speech.

I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like

See where this leads?

It's not like y'all were buying her records anyway

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Song, dance, music & costume.

Frankly I didn't understand a word, but I still got the message.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Snyder, I don't care what she believes but for this to be a lead message of the Super Bowl isn't right.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
time to boycott professional sports. oh wait, i've been doing that since 1984

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree. Then they want to curtail their speech. I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions. I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like. See where this leads? It's not like y'all were buying her records anyway

Yeah, snyper, I see where it leads - to the assessment that you are an ideological and illogical obfuscating numbskull.

No one here expressed a wish to curtail any speech rights - you made that up. They simply do not like the Pepsi speech - their right to dislike.

Because Pepsi is a commercial enterprise that chose to spend its profits advancing a socio-political agenda, Pepsi exposed itself to critique by those who don't like their agenda. You spend your profits to send your message. If some folks don't like your message they have the right and opportunity to speak back. That's a protest, - got it? In this case. the protest might be to decrease the profits that paid for the message being protested.

It has nothing to do with curtailing speech rights - it has to do with being forced to take responsibility for what one says. Try it !!

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree.

Then they want to curtail their speech.

I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like

See where this leads?

It's not like y'all were buying her records anyway

This is a non-sequitur. Unless I missed it, nobody said anything about anyone wanting to curtail free speech. I've found an interesting constant that those who scream "tolerance" the loudest seem to be the least tolerant among us.

Having the freedom of speech doesn't exempt someone from facing the consequences of dumb behavior. Just as Beyonce and Pepsi, or whomever have the right to express any opinion they wish, consumers likewise have the right to their opinions as well. By extension, consumers can vote with their wallets whether or not they support the message being sent.

Would you have it any other way? Should anyone be forced to buy a product if the company promoting the product sends a message one finds distasteful?

Freedom is a two way street.

Ted
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry to repeat your message, quad C. You and I were obviously typing at the same time.

Ted
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And you said it much better than I did, I might add.

Ted
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

438 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,816
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.