Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by noKnees
I also spoke with Sharon and Kristen and will be sending back a couple of bricks of WLR and WLRM primers.

I asked about buying new primers and Kristen indicated that they knew what had happened and the new production primers should be without issue. Those lots that start with K and L should be good. So if there are folks like me that have quite a few loads with Win primers they don't wish to convert, there are some lots that should be safe.

The key words here are, "Should be without issue". Are they or not? Not a chance I am willing to take.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I've got about 5K - mostly WLR's boxed up ready to go. Linda was out of the office yesterday so it will wait until Monday to arrange the pick up. Going to take the replacement primers - like a many others here I have several loads already done with WLR's and will give the replacements a try. Don't blame anybody for taking the check instead - probably the most prudent approach.

I found about this here on 24HCF and didn't even realize I had two rifles with pitting on the bolt - one for sure from the WLR's and the other one most likely. Neither are bad and I declined Winchester's offer to pay for the repair. One phone call to Sharon got the process started and I will give them a chance to come thru with the replacements. I sent them one case with a fired suspect primer at their request along with the lot number on the box it came from. Hopefully that adds to their body of knowledge

This is certainly not a "good" thing, but in my mind they are handling it well. If you have WLR or WLRM's, I would call Sharon and giver her the lot numbers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never was given the option of replacements was told a check would be coming. Had I been sent replacements I would have probably sold them and replaced with CCI or Federal.

Yes they could tell us handloaders to shove it as we are taking a risk loading our own ammo and not do anything at all but in my ming they are not going any too far out of their way to make things right, just breaking even.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll be satisfied with a check. Sounds like they're paying more than I've got invested, and I bought local, so didn't pay shipping or hazmat. I'll probably buy CCI BR, as my LGS has them in stock. I didn't suffer any damage; that would have been a different story.

They may have effectively lost me as a primer customer because if I pick up a couple thousand CCIs, those, combined with what I have in other brands, may be all the LR primers I'll ever need.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Winchester Lot# YKL270G are bad too, they pitted my rifle

NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The eagle has landed. My check was in the mailbox this evening.

Case closed.

Since there are two threads on this, I updated both.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I recd mine last week.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I talked to Sharon yesterday. They are replacing my WLRM 2 to 1, my WLR 3 to 1.

I can't complain.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Good news - something's happening. I need to call Sharon and check on mine. Heck of a deal Pharmseller got!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I find that interesting. I asked about replacement and they told me they were not set up to sell to individuals. They did include about money for shipping and hazmat so it was likely close to 2:1 cash for me. I'm not complaining but would have preferred a swap over driving 200 miles round trip to buy more.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just got off the phone with Kristen. They are having me send back 1000 from lot FDL104G and 1000 from lot EKL072G. She said that when looking for replacements, to go with lots that start with K or L. She was very pleasant and helpful.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bwinters
I find that interesting. I asked about replacement and they told me they were not set up to sell to individuals. They did include about money for shipping and hazmat so it was likely close to 2:1 cash for me. I'm not complaining but would have preferred a swap over driving 200 miles round trip to buy more.

I had to fax a copy of my driver's license to prove I was old enough to receive a shipment of primers.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They sent me $100 for the 1800 LRs I returned. They were purchased locally during the crunch so shipping wasn't an issue. I'm well satisfied as I probably had no more than $60 or $70 invested, plus my time.

I'm even happier that, with the exception of Fed 210Ms, I'm once again able to find what I want. Fed match primers of any size remain elusive, but the 210Ms are Unobtanium.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pappy348
They sent me $100 for the 1800 LRs I returned. They were purchased locally during the crunch so shipping wasn't an issue. I'm well satisfied as I probably had no more than $60 or $70 invested, plus my time.

I'm even happier that, with the exception of Fed 210Ms, I'm once again able to find what I want. Fed match primers of any size remain elusive, but the 210Ms are Unobtanium.

Sportsmans near me had 2 1k bricks of 210M a couple of weeks ago.

I bought one and left the other. I didn't want to be "that guy."

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't begrudge you if you were "that guy". Like as not, the other one got picked up by someone that was just looking for "primers" in general.

A couple of LGSs were selling primers for about six bucks a pack during the worst of the crunch; not match primers, but just ordinary LRs and such. One of them also was offering CCI Blazers for the special bargain price of $9.95! Such a deal. My son hits a lot of shops around Northern VA pretty regularly, just looking. He'll find some eventually. The five packs I've got now came from him.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Seems to me if I remember correctly, Tula primers are Russian, are they not? That would probably explain why they could be hard to get these days.US trade sanctions due to the Ukraine issue likely would be the reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
They sent me $100 for the 1800 LRs I returned.

I have 4 stacks of primer bricks with a price tag from the lgs of $8.99...

If I could get $50 per brick???

Edit; grin

Last edited by johnw; 04/15/16.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Things aren't so bad now, really.

But things were so much easier when a brick of primers was less than a pound of powder. And buying powder didn't take your breath away.

When we could buy a thousand mini mags for ~$30...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got one pack of old CCI marked $1.00.

When purchased, I was probably making $150 a week!

Locally, primers run about $30 to $50 a brick, with the CCI BRs at the top. Once I figure out what all the newer stuff I have likes, I may do a big web order that will smooth out the hazmat fee. Like to buy local when I can, but few dealers have much of a selection, especially of projectiles. Hard to beat those blem prices too!

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I used to use BR2's a lot, but a while back when the price difference from 200's went from modest to substantial they were dedicated to special purposes.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (BALLISTIK, 35, 10Glocks, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,160 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.