Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Kennedy would be a conservative today, he was a life member of the NRA. My mom said he was a Yankee version of Bill Clinton, the press just kept things like that quite back then.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaboku68
One weird thing on JFK. Why was LBJ laying on the floor of his limo 40 seconds before the first shot?

Excellent question.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kaboku68
One weird thing on JFK. Why was LBJ laying on the floor of his limo 40 seconds before the first shot?

Moreover why did LBJ want to ramp up VietNam? Was it a coincidence that Ladybird owned controlling interest in Lone Star Concrete and they were awarded the military contracts for all the airstrips in Viet Nam?

Just a Frinstance....

LBJ had our boys get killed by the thousands, just so he could make a buck. I will never be done hating him for that.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Silly. Sure.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
In 1963 I was just at that age ( 10) where I believed what my elders and those in authority told me.
In pretty short order it gradually came to light that our own Govt. had Kennedy snuffed...with LBJ at the helm.
If they are capable of that, then they are capable of anything. The fall from innocence was then complete.
Events of the next decade...continuing on up to the present have done nothing but confirm......
Why Ingwe, I am shocked. You tinfoiler, you.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Not to be grisly, but I always thought the Zapruder film made it look like Kennedy was hit in the right forehead.

I think he absolutely was.It has alway looked obvious to me from his reaction to the shot. I can only guess what that means....but it has always made me suspicious.

I was in junior high,in Massachusetts where I was raised. The family was of course Democrats but not the Democrats we have today. Old school working class people.

Everyone was very upset,shocked really. Very sad.

But back then I was far too young to have any understanding of the differences in political ideology.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't remember [bleep] about the assassination, because I was about two years old, being babysitted/babysat? by my Grandpa about two miles away from here. Things moved a lot slower in those days though and I remember being shocked when the movie JFK came out and they had parts with people in bars celebrating. In the years after the assassination, I don't know of anybody who thought it was a good thing. By the time JFK came out though, you had a good hatred of Democrats worked up plus you had a lot of things about JFK behind-the-scenes that had either come to light or been dummied up. So by then and certainly afterwards, you had a lot of revisionist thought about JFK.

I don't doubt that there were extremists at the time, that celebrated his death, but I don't believe for a moment, that it was widespread.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not to be grisly, but I always thought the Zapruder film made it look like Kennedy was hit in the right forehead.

Actually, it's the exact opposite...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Actually, it's the exact opposite...

I've heard that too. But Jackie crawls out onto the trunk of the limo to gather up his brains that landed back there on it.

You can see her crawl out there in the film.

Makes me wonder why his brains landed behind him if he was shot from behind.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The brain, being mostly water, detonates like a gallon jug. If you ever make it to the Plaza, you will see just how close the shot was from the window, and the implausibility of a frontal shot. That and of course the autopsy. Clearly a rear shot.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Why did his head snap back (instead of forward) if the shot came from behind?

I would think the force of impact would snap the head away from the direction of the shot?

Someone educate me here.....you will resolve an issue that has been unanswered for me for a very long time..... confused

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My opinion: The head jerking back was due to nerve stimulation from the bullet entering the brain.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
west: Yeah.....OK. I have heard that. ...and not doubting you. But...

If someone whacked you in the temple with a hammer from the front which way would your head move?

Is the central nervous system that fast to overcome the physical force from behind and move into it?

I mean i am not forensic guy nor a (what do they call them?) a physiologist? I really don't know....

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
hmmmm,..I dunno. Here's a zoomed in version. It sure looks like a frontal impact to me. Not only because of the way his head is knocked to the left but also because of all the matter that "splats" all over the place from his forehead area. In any event, it's far too late to worry about now. But I remeber the first time I saw the Zapruder film and thought WTF?

Up until then I never gave much thought to questioning the official report on the subject.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
A lot of people hold to the theory that LBJ orchestrated the death of JFK.

Personally, I don't believe that to be true at all. Though I do believe that LBJ was a puppet for those that did.

At that time in history the CIA was in the habit of manipulating regime changes. And they had great reason to hate and fear JFK.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Bristoe I guess you and i are destined to question it for a very long time. smile

Looking at it in slow motion now I guess it could go either way. I see the backward movement follows the impact by what must be microseconds.

Oh well..it's all for history. Sobering to watch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watching that, I've always suspected Jackie went out on the trunk lid to get part of his head!
I was born in '65 so I can't say for certain, but I don't think the country was nearly as divided as today. As some have said, JFK politically was probably further right of Rubio and Jeb Bush. That, the fact that he was a war hero, and the threat of the boogie man in the Soviet Union United the country behind him. There were probably a few that voiced a small satisfaction privately, but I'd say the majority were shocked and saddened by his death.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The first shot that hit Kennedy in the lower neck region from the back. You can see his hands come up to his throat in the video. The bullet came out in the middle of the lower neck where the soft hole is located on everyone. As you can also tell from the video, the bullet drives him forward in the seat...not backward. There is no way in my opinion that the head shot came from the rear. It could have only come from the right front. No amount of scientific bull hockey is going to change my mind on this issue.

The mob helped us win WWII when Lucky Luciano ordered the guys on the docks to cooperate w/the government in every way possible. The mob thought by helping the country win the war that after the war they would be left alone to do their business. Instead Bobby Kennedy comes along and starts attacking them from every angle. This upset the mob to no end so they took out John F first and when Bobby wouldn't stop they killed him in '68. You conspiracy theorists can work out the details. powdr

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This might sound off the wall, but I always figured there were 2 shooters. Oswald with the 6.5 Carcano and someone else with a high velocity 22 caliber like a 22-250 or something. I'm not sure what varmint bullets were available in that time period, but I'm guessing a few were fairly explosive.
I can't see the relatively low velocity 6.5 Carcano doing much damage myself especially with the heavy jacketed FMJ bullets of the time period even on a head shot.
To answer the the question yes I've seen the results of headshots of 5.56, 7.62 for sure and maybe one 50 cal.

C
C
I was in high school algebra class when the principals office put the radio on the PA and we heard Walter Cronkite announcing that the President had been shot. It was a different culture in the U.S. at that time. We were not nearly as polarized as today altho there were indications that the country was on the road to hell. Conspiracy theory's started about ten minutes after Ruby shot Oswald and haven't stopped yet. I remember my Dad saying Oswald was shot to shut him up.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 35, 9 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,451
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.