Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Opinion is like [bleep] everyone has one. LOL

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Sad that men have to kill creatures that they don't eat, only for their skin and head. I was like you also when younger but grew up and learned about respect to Gods creatures.

Funny. I find it sad when people just kill animals for their meat and don't use the hide, horns/antlers, organs, glands and intestines and every scrap of them.

You know, I wouldn't think a Canuck living in a glass house would be very energy efficient but I Iearn new stuff every day. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Opinion is like [bleep] everyone has one. LOL

Opinion? Gee, I once again underestimated your grey matter, or those factual STATISTICS I posted, including the leopard quotas, fail to penetrate your bean? (rhetorical question)

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Forgive me pugs but since i have lived so many years in Africa and seen so much abuse, killing and consuming Gorillas, [bleep], when you go to market and see Gorilla hands, skins of Leopards, you get upset. I respect you but give me a little respect back also.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Forgive me pugs but since i have lived so many years in Africa and seen so much abuse, killing and consuming Gorillas, [bleep], when you go to market and see Gorilla hands, skins of Leopards, you get upset. I respect you but give me a little respect back also.

Now we're on gorillas. So no comment as to the FACTS posted on the subject or did a leopard get your nuts and you can't own up your comments on leopards have been completely discredited.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You make respecting difficult. I'll give you the respect of a non-pithy post.

Hunting is an interesting topic. We all love to hunt. We all hunt a wide variety of things and in a wide variety of ways. We all use all or some or nothing of some of the game from hunt from big and small game to vermin/varmints.

We all want to hunt legally and we all want to ethically. Legally is easy(ish) to define. Ethically is very dependent on ones culture and situation and experience. What is also very easy to understand that as hunters we are under attack from many quarters. If a hunt is undertaken legally, then it is our obligation as hunters to support that hunter regardless if the ethics match ours as long as the pursuit is legal.

I'll be open here. There are types of hunting I have no interest in. Baiting bears and running deer with dogs come to mind but I will defend the hunters that want to do that the hilt where it's legal. That is their ethic and they own it and I cannot compare it to my own and I respect them for what they do.

You've spouted forth some utter nonsense on Leopards in Africa and been shown the errors. You might want to consider the legal/ethic implications on your posts.

We're all hunters. We all define it differently. We all judge the outcome differently.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
argue with these people they know the facts, bigcatrescue.org

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, I tried. You really want to throw your hand in with these folks? If so, you're the enemy of hunters all over the world.

http://archive.wtsp.com/news/topsto...ews-Investigators-raise-questions-about/

http://bigcatrescue.org/extinction-via-hunting/

http://www.911animalabuse.org/Big-Cat-Rescue-News.php

https://bigcatrescue.org/funds-raised-for-fake-big-cat-rescue-copycat/

I'm amazed when I see people like you post. Clueless about the damage you do to all hunters on your high horse. I'm sure PETA will welcome you with open arms. You're not welcome at my fire though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

By this post, IF you indeed ever "lived" in Africa, it was either a church mission or a bunny hugger trek. Gorilla hands at markets? Central African poaching is not regulated hunting, but why (sigh) do I bother arguing with an Anti?

Kill moose = ok

Kill African animals = not ok

Selective ethics at work in the mind of a troll.

I am absolutely certain that everything Marius stated is true, and thus discredits you in my mind thoroughly. Puff off, Buster.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pugs
[quote=378Canuck]

I'll be open here. There are types of hunting I have no interest in. Baiting bears and running deer with dogs come to mind but I will defend the hunters that want to do that the hilt where it's legal. That is their ethic and they own it and I cannot compare it to my own and I respect them for what they do.

Very well stated.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Are you serious? WWF, a credible source for animal numbers and conservation news? Unbelievable! And... seriously? Big Cat Rescue? That shameful cat "shelter" down in Florida, you mean? The same organization that even a TV viewer who watches Animal Planet sporadically knows is under investigation/indictment? THIS is your idea of an "authority" on wild cats in Africa?

Jeez.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
+1 Doc...the WWF has absolutely ZERO to do with conservation, habitat acquisition etc....but it is well versed in fund raising......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Gee.. I learned something today. Those Brown bears that frequent my yard on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska are endangered?

Whodda thunk?

That's news to almost everyone in Alaska - the ignorant ones being either uninformed or of Peta ilk, or both.

378Canuck sounds like he might be 15...

'Scuuse me - I have to go replace bearings in my snow machine now. There's something out there that I have a bullet for, but I gotta get to it.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go shoot every living creature left on earth. I really don't give a F**k. The next few generations may thank you for that I'm sure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go shoot every living creature left on earth. I really don't give a F**k. The next few generations may thank you for that I'm sure.

Sir, I ask you, if there is a Lion, Rhino, or whatever past his breeding age(14 years for Lion, also the same age as Cecil) stopping the younger males from breeding with the females, and a hunter hunts him, creating an opportunity for the younger males to get to the females, injecting money into the area on top of it, how is this not conservation?
The same area where Cecil was killed, now have a surplus of 200 lions this year, that will likely be culled, and due to the import ban of Lion trophies to the USA, zero dollars will come from it. Had that been open to hunters, they would have injected roughly $10 million into the area.
The Black Rhino bull hunted in Namibia last year, was past his breeding age, attacking younger bulls and preventing them from serving the cows, raised $350K which was injected directly into Rhino conservation. That money was used to fund the anti-poaching teams, buy food for the other Rhino's during the drought in Namibia. How is this not conservation?

Don't you dare compare hunters to poachers and the gorilla feet and hands you saw at the markets. We are not the same. Unless you have personally put your life on the line chasing poachers at night, like I have, and actually do something in return for wildlife, that actually matters, you have no place to talk. I'm not talking about sending $1 via PayPal to some scam animal justice movement, I'm talking about making an actual difference.
No one does more for conservation than hunters.

Last edited by KMGHuntingSafaris; 03/04/16.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If I had the money and time, I would. At least I got the satisfaction of handing you your ass with published FACTUAL data on the various animal populations and numbers, instead of your emotional, estrogen-laden bullshit.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm thinking someones kid is having fun with his dad's account...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It always surprises me that someone who claims to be a hunter is so willfully and stubbornly ignorant of the link between hunting and wildlife conservation.

Winchester rifles and Swarovski scopes.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have to wonder if we're not being trolled by somebody else using Canuck378's login info.

He started here on the 'Fire in 2006. Put in a lot of good comments about hunting, hunting equipment, and so forth. Seemed like a pretty straight huntin'/fishin' kinda guy. Heck, his avatar is a nice-looking dead griz, so he's clearly not opposed to killing big predators.

If you look at his post log, he was averaging about 40 posts per month, less during hunting season and during summer months. Then last year he dropped off the forums mid-January and did not show up until November. Post count has been lower than his average previously, and length of posts is shorter as well. Also, some of his posts since his return are just plain bizarre and/or creepy. Like posting that bears die quickest when they "bite on the muzzle of my 30-30 in the culvert trap".

I have to wonder if ol' Canuck has got sick, or somebody else is using his log-in info. His comments on this thread just seem so far out of character for the guy.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Could be, Doc, but who knows, he might have joined a Women's Club or something. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 160user, 35, 10ring1, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,509 guests, and 910 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,891
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.