Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I had a nice range session with mine the other day. Since I have not cleaned it in a while (it does get pretty sooty), I broke it down and once again admired the polygonal barrel.

One thing that amazes me is how the heck they got that barrel so freaking polished! It constantly looks wet. It is the shiniest and most polished barrel you will ever see. Amazing!

Anybody else have one?

Mine is VERY accurate and a joy to shoot and carry. I have had a Kramer Michigan State Police paddle holster for over 10 years and it perfect for OWB carry.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not really but I did see one at a local pawn shop last Sat in the factory box, manual and extra mag for............$1600

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I had all of the squeeze cockers at one time, the K-3, M-8, M-10 and M-13. I ended up selling all but the M-13 when I needed money to buy a Harley. I recently found a K-3 in 380 with the 22 kit and bought it. These are scarce and not cheap!

The whole P-7 concept and pistol leaves many behind in a striker oriented field that is all enamored with Glock pistols. The P-7 was a design that was way ahead of it's time and continues to amaze and confound people.

The fixed barrel and polygonal rifling makes this gun dependable and extremely accurate. It also has a fluted chamber that will assist the fired shell in extraction should the extractor fail.

The barrel is lower in the hand and with the design, it is also more compact with a 4.13 inch barrel set back where the magazine still feeds the chamber without the bulk that other semi-autos have.

Disassembly is simple and easy for quick cleaning, and the delayed blowback with a gas piston makes the gun extremely easy to fire quickly with little recovery due to recoil and shock from the gun's function.

It is my goal to get another M-8, as it is a bit thinner to carry than the M-18, but the 380 is smaller yet. The Chromed pistol is the M-13 and the blued is the K-3, which is a smaller frame and has a piston buffer instead of the gas piston that exists in the full size M-13...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Shrap, what was the M10 like? How was the recoil?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Love mine. It was a German police (?) trade-in/import with the grind mark on the slide. I had Fords re-engrave the slide and hard chrome it. Sure wish I woulda bought one of those K3s when I had the chance years ago!

[Linked Image]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Have an M8 and PSP.

The M8 is lnib. Not sure it's ever been fired any appreciable amount.

Carry the PSP all the time. Considering switching to the M8. Have held off because of the value of an like new M8.

Would love to find a K3.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Shrap, what was the M10 like? How was the recoil?

I never shot it. I bought all 4 from one guy, so I could get the M-8 and K-3, then just sold the M-10. I didn't like the look of the slide, but now I wish I had kept it too...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting pistols, fun to play with, but IMO they're really not worth what they go for these days. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
IMHO the same can be said for Pythons. I have owned a few so no holy grail for me. I do think the P7M8 is a work of CC art though. Very accurate even for me who is a lousy handgun shot. Would I buy one for $1500? Naw. I think I got mine for around 700 as new in the box a goodly number of years ago.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
IMHO the same can be said for Pythons. I have owned a few so no holy grail for me. I do think the P7M8 is a work of CC art though. Very accurate even for me who is a lousy handgun shot. Would I buy one for $1500? Naw. I think I got mine for around 700 as new in the box a goodly number of years ago.

I would agree and go further to say I would pay $1500.00 for a P-7 before I would pay $2500.00 for a Python...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have shot the P-7 and really liked it. A little heavy and way too expensive for me. Fix those two things and it would be super. I own a like new Python, was very disappointed when I saw the current prices, I would like an 8 3/8 barreled blue gun, no way are they worth $2500 to me.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Python market is insane, I can't believe the money they go for. What kills me is they're not rare by any means.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have never seen a K3 but would love the chance to shoot one. Do all of them have that mirror smooth polygonal barrel? That has got to be the easiest barrel to wipe clean.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I would agree and go further to say I would pay $1500.00 for a P-7 before I would pay $2500.00 for a Python...

Yes. I shake my head when I see Pythons for as much as $3000.00. I had at least 3 of them and would cash in if I still had them. Had a couple of Diamondback .22's too. Same with them....

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish I'd grabbed the 3" Python I saw for $1k, about 12 years ago... frown

There's one on GB right now, that's been bid up to $9k crazy

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 03/23/16.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have never seen a K3 but would love the chance to shoot one. Do all of them have that mirror smooth polygonal barrel? That has got to be the easiest barrel to wipe clean.

Come on up to Montana and I will let you shoot this one. As I said, I also have the 22 kit for it. I did shoot a deer with it a few years ago...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have one of the police surplus PSP's. It's a nice pistol, though not as slick as the later commercial P7M8's. Not finding much in the way of holsters for it I bought a West German Police Surplus holster for it. It seems to be reinforced with steel and weighs about as much as the pistol. grin

So eventually I really oughta get a little more normal holster for it. Anyone know of someone who carries one as a stock item?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I have one of the police surplus PSP's. It's a nice pistol, though not as slick as the later commercial P7M8's. Not finding much in the way of holsters for it I bought a West German Police Surplus holster for it. It seems to be reinforced with steel and weighs about as much as the pistol. grin

So eventually I really oughta get a little more normal holster for it. Anyone know of someone who carries one as a stock item?

Check Kramer.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Come on up to Montana and I will let you shoot this one. As I said, I also have the 22 kit for it. I did shoot a deer with it a few years ago...

[Linked Image]

I plan on visiting you one day. Went to Yellowstone last year and you gave me tips on places to see. We loved the museum in Cody.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
My P7M8 is my 'deep carry' pistol. Had it NP Plus 3 coated and carry it in a smart holster. Pretty hard to tell it's there.

Like others, I bought it when they were $700 and wouldn't be likely to buy one now. Love it though - easiest pistol to shoot accurately that I've ever touched.

Range sessions get a bit interesting with the heat buildup though!!

Also bought an Alessi holster for it 10 - 15 years ago. The pistol is a bit 'handle heavy' for its size but the Alessi carries it nicely.

Wish I'd bought more when I purchased this one!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,984
Posts18,480,940
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.