Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by davet
If Trump is at 1200 delegates(97% gained, 3% short), Cruz will be in the neighborhood of 870 delegates (71% gained, 29% short).

The RNC will fold if they let a coup happen.

Lindsey Graham does agree though "It's better to loose with Cruz."

Reagan vs Ford at the '76 convention went to the leader, Ford, when the contenders were within 5% of each other. The divide is much wider this round.

So a coup now is defined as any failure by Trump to meet the mandatory 1,237 delegates?

It's a very simple process. Get 1,237 delegates to vote for you at the convention and you win. If you can't get 1,237 delegates, YOU CANNOT WIN.

Why does the Trump camp have so much trouble understanding that?

I fully understand. I also fear what IS going to happen when neither Trump or Cruz have the necessary 1237 going in.

FJB & FJT

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Trump supporters understand. They're just pissed at the underhanded way the RNC has handled the nomination, they're pissed at the way the media has handled the nomination, they're pissed at the way Cruz has handled the nomination, and they're pissed at the Cruz supporters who try to convince them that they have nothing to be pissed about.

And they're pissed enough that if Trump doesn't win the nomination because of all the above, that they're never going to have anything to do with the GOP again,

No house, no senate, no Presidents, no Conservative Supreme Court Justices,...nothing.

And the Cruz people did all of that in an attempt to get a candidate nominated who could never beat Hillary in the first place.

So,...if Trump doesn't get the nomination, it'll be your party.

Have fun trying to get anything done with what's left of it.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard Trump's son complaining about the disenfranchisement issues of the Republican party and he kept going on and on like the RNC was a covered by the fundamental principals of Democracy.

Acting like they are a victim of the RNC chicanery and convincing everyone that its a Democracy is the best shot they have in covering up the other [bleep] disaster that was their ground game.

I honestly think they believed it was a popular vote, and they probably think the general is the same way.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RWE
I heard Trump's son complaining about the disenfranchisement issues of the Republican party and he kept going on and on like the RNC was a covered by the fundamental principals of Democracy.

Acting like they are a victim of the RNC chicanery and convincing everyone that its a Democracy is the best shot they have in covering up the other [bleep] disaster that was their ground game.

I honestly think they believed it was a popular vote, and they probably think the general is the same way.

Hey,....don't let it bother you.

All that stuff that bothers you about the GOP is going to go away.

It'll be all yours if Trump doesn't get the nomination.

You can do anything you want with it,....except get people elected, of course.

But other than that, you'll have free reign.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
blah blah blah.

I get it, you hate the RNC.

I would be happy to see the RNC tank, but not in the middle of a [bleep] general election.

You don't seem to care unless your boy gets the nomination from a party he doesn't give [bleep] about anyway.

Still don't know why he sourced the GOP for his run rather than go independent, like his kids are registered?

Sounds nefarious.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I just told you that you folks can have the entire party. What more do you want?

You want it to be your way? Now you can have it your way.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
All that stuff that bothers you about the GOP is going to go away.

It'll be all yours if Trump doesn't get the nomination.

You can do anything you want with it,....except get people elected, of course.

But other than that, you'll have free reign.

You really believe that with all of the Republican wins in the last 6 years, that it's all going to fall apart if Trump doesn't win?

Even though he's only got 37% of the vote?

Here's how it will very possibly go down: If Trump doesn't walk in with 1,237 delegates on the first vote, Cruz will announce Rubio as his running mate. Cruz and Rubio together have many more voters backing them than Trump. Trump has no legitimate argument that he should be the one to walk away with the nomination. Delegates that had been bound to Trump and delegates for Rubio shift over to Cruz, Kasich delegates jump on the bandwagon and Trump goes home without the delegates, without the nomination, with a lower number of voters than the winners, and the country moves forward.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
All Trump has to do to stop it is walk in with 1,237 delegates for the first vote. Then all this whining and complaining doesn't matter. He can move on to lose in November.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Trump supporters are tired of all that kind of talk.

Once you have the party all to yourselves you can tell it to each other.

We're there for Trump. If Trump's not it, you can have the whole party.

We'll just go away and let you have it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by davet
If Trump is at 1200 delegates(97% gained, 3% short), Cruz will be in the neighborhood of 870 delegates (71% gained, 29% short).

The RNC will fold if they let a coup happen.

Lindsey Graham does agree though "It's better to loose with Cruz."

Reagan vs Ford at the '76 convention went to the leader, Ford, when the contenders were within 5% of each other. The divide is much wider this round.

So a coup now is defined as any failure by Trump to meet the mandatory 1,237 delegates?

It's a very simple process. Get 1,237 delegates to vote for you at the convention and you win. If you can't get 1,237 delegates, YOU CANNOT WIN.

Why does the Trump camp have so much trouble understanding that?

I call it a coup when the voters are undermined.

I find it ironic that Cruz will then ask the voters to vote for the guy who undermined them.

That is Cruz's long game.

Not every voter in the US of course, but the ones in 32-36 states.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
All Trump has to do to stop it is walk in with 1,237 delegates for the first vote.

And all Cruz has to do is come up with 29% of the delegates needed, who are actively not representing the voters in their districts, on the floor during the convention. Well, and then make it out of there in one piece.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
All Trump has to do to stop it is walk in with 1,237 delegates for the first vote.

Here is your second ballot delegate waiting on deck, congrats?

Mitch McConnell told WHAS-TV that he anticipates he himself will be a delegate, and "on the second ballot I'll be free to do whatever I want."

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add

Mitch McConnell told WHAS-TV that he anticipates he himself will be a delegate, and "on the second ballot I'll be free to do whatever I want."

Think about what that represents... Ted Cruz stood on the floor of the Senate and called this man a LIAR, publicly and it went world wide.

And this man will still vote for Cruz rather than Trump.

All Trump had to do was act even slightly presidential instead of playing the reality TV comedic vulgarian.

It's a very good lesson in how to lose when all the odds are in your favor.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
They don't get it.....

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by add

Think about what that represents... Ted Cruz stood on the floor of the Senate and called this man a LIAR, publicly and it went world wide.

And this man will still vote for Cruz rather than Trump.

All Trump had to do was act even slightly presidential instead of playing the reality TV comedic vulgarian.

It's a very good lesson in how to lose when all the odds are in your favor.

So, Trump lost?

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
*shrugg*,..if you say so.

In any event, if Trump's not the nominee, you can hang out with Old Turtle all you want.

The party will be all yours,....no anti establishment types left to rain on your parade.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I find it ironic that Cruz will then ask the voters to vote for the guy who undermined them.

That is Cruz's long game.

What qualities for a junior senator huh. A regular steven hawkings grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You don't vote anyway, you just whine.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Even though he's only got 37% of the vote?

Here's how it will very possibly go down: If Trump doesn't walk in with 1,237 delegates on the first vote, Cruz will announce Rubio as his running mate. Cruz and Rubio together have many more voters backing them than Trump.

After another 16 states, Trumps lead is likely to out pace their numbers combined. We can count up the votes on April 27 if you like. Unless you think the next 6 states are not going for Trump at 45-55%, with his competition pulling in 20% or less. That is 6 states where he more than doubles his lead in the popular vote. Optics won't be working in Cruz's favor, and neither will that 37% for Trump number. That number will be moving on up.

The other thing about the rules is, it's a man vs man race at this point. Adding another candidates total to your own doesn't help Cruz any more than it helps Trump. Add Rubio's votes to Trump and where does that leave Cruz? Alongside Peter Pan in Neverland where rules are made up to suit the imagination, and voters show up in support after being screwed.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..and watch4bear too.

If Trump isn't the nominee, y'all can hang out with Old Turtle and watch4bear all you want.

The party will be yours.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1_deuce, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,135
Posts18,483,942
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.