Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[/quote]

Doc, I posted this link in the thread about Heaven.

All Nurses.com/what's your best ghost story?

Your story above reminded me of this post from the link above. I'm not saying it's true, but it has some similarities to the stories people have told about dying and going to Hell before being resuscitated.-

My creepiest and scariest ghost story for me happened about a year ago. It really was more of a posession than a ghost story. I was helping another nurse with a patient that had lived a very hard life. It had numerous things going on with him from cardiac to renal failure. You name it, he had it going on. This man was very much afraid to die. Every time his heart monitor beeped, he would just go into a rage screaming, "Don't let me die! Don't let me die!" The other nurse and I found out why he didn't want to die. About 0200 his cardiac monitor starts alarming V-Tach. We both rush into the room. I am pulling the crash cart behing me. When I get to the room, the other nurse is completely white. This man was sitting about 2 inches above the bed and was laughing. His whole look completely changed. His eyes just had a look of pure evil on them and he had this evil smile on his face. He laughed at us and said, " You stupid b****es aren't going to let me die will you?" and he laughed again. We were kinda frozen. I did reach up and hit the Code Blue button and when I did the man went into V-fib. He crashed back onto the bed. We started coding him, but after 20 minutes it was called. 5 minutes after the code was called several of the code team is in the room cleaning up when this man sits straight up in the bed and says, " You let him die. Too bad." and then begins laughing. The man collapsed back to the bed. We heard a horrible, agonizing scream ( actually every patient in the unit that night commented on the scream), and then you could hear "don't let me die" being whispered throughout the unit. Everyone of the nurses that night was pale and scared. No body went anywhere by themselves. By morning the whispers of "don't let me die" were gone. The night shift nurses had a prayer service in the break room before we left for home and then we all had nightmares for weeks.
[/quote]

As a chaplain, I went to see the nurses on a ward after I visited a patient. That patient was horrible to be around. I prayed for him and he cursed me for it. The nurses really needed prayers.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB4

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I read this some time back.. When Doc posted it originally.

Since then I"ve sent Doc a pm confirming what I read...

I'll just say out of the blue, and some time after having forgotten all about this, we did a run backing up EMS as first responders.

The woman was basically dead on scene. She had minor stuff going on but basically gone.

It took some work to get her back and back she came.

Screaming at the top of her lungs, with a look in her eyes I had NEVER seen. I've been around a handful of patients we've gotten back too.. not a new thing to me.

Lets just say that even to this day, that is the ONLY time I've seen a reaction that was anywhere close to "wild". Most just come on back gradually and even go back to talking to you etc... one the other night insisted on driving home....( he lost that bet and instead was chauffeured via rotary wing really quickly)

This woman went to hell. Not a single doubt in my mind. In fact it took me a couple of minutes into her coming back, when all of a sudden Doc's whole post came back loud and clear.

I know what I saw.

And its more proof of hell than I've seen of Heaven, IE that couldn't be explained.... I"ve seen Heaven when Dad died, but that could be explained away...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A bit of humor

St. Peter met 20 couples at the gate. (They evidently died in a bus crash).
He told the men, "All of you men that are hen-pecked step over here."

19 moved immediately.

St. Peter said to the last man, "Are you not hen-pecked?"

The man trembled and said, "My wife told me not to move."

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We send ourselves,we pick where we end up.Some just dont realize thats where they want to go.
Originally Posted by fish head
Did you ever inquire as to why they were they sent to Hell?

Was it an act they committed or were they non-believers?

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About three years ago, my dog got caught in a coni-bear, and it killed her.

True story.

Fortunately, I was only about 100 yards away, released her, and started chest compressions. In a few minutes, she came back, looked at me a little confused, but was pretty darn happy.

From that I conclude that dogs do, indeed, go to heaven....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I missed this the first time but it truly confirms what I've witnessed.

Thanks for the posts Doc!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I had an Aunt that dies on the operating table. A few years later she told us the story about what she saw. She saw herself leaving her body and going into a room. Men in black were waiting for her. When she was dead, she was screaming in terror at the men saying " get away from me " . The doctors brought her back . I dont think she told them. When she told us the story a fe yrs later she was yelling her story in a panic of what she saw. She was even crying and shaking to the point she couldn't control herself. I, consider myself a born again Christian and I was very surprised how scared she still was over the matter. Other cousins were nothing less than shocked over the story. There was no reason for her to lie about this matter. She was 60 yrs old and had noone to impress. She took God , and Jesus a lot more serious after that. Unfortunatly , she remained a democrat till the day she died. She said it was s real as sitting were she was, and was not a "blurry dream " of some sort. It was as real as can be.

Last edited by ihookem; 04/20/16.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I probably have not read this whole thread, but may have, as some of it is very old. I do not have a near death story to tell, but I feel that I must weigh in on some things. I hear lots of people say that it would be impossible for there to be a soul that goes to Heaven or Hell, but the Bible promises us a new body, and We as a people can do essentially the same thing when we have a computer about to crash. We load information on a stick or send it through the air to be saved on another new computer, basically having the same thing in a new body. Think what an entity magnitudes smarter that us, could accomplish. Just something for people to chew on. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/20/16.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like clockwork, just in time to mock Christians.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
antelope sniper,

Serious question, not trying to start a fight;

Why do you come onto other people's threads about their faith and ridicule those beliefs?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Antelope, why would a guy like Doc Rocket or my Aunt make up something like this? Also, my Aunt was dead. The doctors told her so. DocRockets also said this man was dead. They came back to tell a story. Have you ever been dead on an operating table? If not , you cannot honestly say it is B.S. right? Doc and doctors he knows have told very similar stories of people that were dead and were brought back. Medical equipment showed they were dead. How can you say you have more authority or experience to discredit my Aunt, Docrocket , or the doctors he know and respects?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
AS... mock to your heart's content. When I wrote the OP 2 years ago I started the thread with this sentence:

Originally Posted by DocRocket
The "Heaven is real..." thread got me to thinking about this. I know it pizzes some folks off when metaphysical topics come up, but it's something others have a genuine interest in. So to the former, I say move along, I'm not preaching at you.

And I closed the OP with this one:

If you choose to disregard or disbelieve this, that is your choice. But if anyone reading this has been sitting on the fence and wondering, I suggest you take this anecdote for what it's worth and do some research on your own in the field of near-death experiences. Not everyone has a happy experience as Eben Alexander did. It might prove a good motivation to get to know the Lord.

I don't believe you need or deserve any further response than this.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey AS, if your gonna tell the tale, get the story straight.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

The message of your post makes little sense, but makes more sense than believing you came from nothing that became something without conscience and produced an intelligent man who can disparage others.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
About 26 years ago, my son, age 4years and 6 days old, had a series of open heart surgeries, 3 over a period of 20 days. The 1st surgery was the only one scheduled, the other 2 had to be done because the 1st did not work.

His vital signs were crashing on that Saturday morning, and the surgeon told us they had to operate now, or we will lose him.

During the surgery, a nurse, kept coming out to keep us informed. At one point she tells us they are having a difficult time getting him off the heart/lung machine, which is not a good thing.

Finally, he is off that machine and they bring him to ICU. As the days progress, and he gets better, we notice he has an imaginary playmate, named Alex. He tells us Alex is another little boy who had heart surgery, and Alex follows us home. We were in the hospital for 52 days.

3 months after we get home, Alex is still around by the way, and my son, who is playing Legos, looks up at his Mom and says, "Mommy, I know what it feels like to die". Stunned, she asks him about it, and he tells her the story of God kidnapping him, and walking down a hallway, with other people around. My wife asks him what does God look like, and he says 'Sunny'. He said that while he and God were walking, God stopped and told him 'it's time for you to go home. Tell your Mommy your not going to die'. And then he goes back to playing Legos, like nothing happened.

He brought it up one more time, about a month later, and never again. He is 30yo now, and doesn't remember anything of what he said.

At 4 years of age, he had the 'classic' NDE, floating over the operating table seeing himself being operated on, which is where Alex most likely came from, seeing other people in a bright tunnel and walking with God, the 'sunny' light.

I used to think that adult NDE's were influenced by reading of NDE's, thereby perpetuating them.

But, here I had a just turned 4yo who could not read, and nobody ever talked to him about dying, and he has an NDE.

I Believe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for sharing that..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is what I know from personal experience; my life has completely changed for the better when I began a relationship with Jesus Christ. It began 4 years ago next month. I only wish the same for others. I have much to improve but that is part of it.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Antelope Sniper is very good at mocking the faith of Christians (which, frankly, any dolt can do with some degree of alacrity). What he's not very good at is defending his own religious faith!

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11037712/1

Last edited by RobJordan; 04/20/16.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
AS... mock to your heart's content. When I wrote the OP 2 years ago I started the thread with this sentence:

The "Heaven is real..." thread got me to thinking about this. I know it pizzes some folks off when metaphysical topics come up, but it's something others have a genuine interest in. So to the former, I say move along, I'm not preaching at you.

And I closed the OP with this one:

If you choose to disregard or disbelieve this, that is your choice. But if anyone reading this has been sitting on the fence and wondering, I suggest you take this anecdote for what it's worth and do some research on your own in the field of near-death experiences. Not everyone has a happy experience as Eben Alexander did. It might prove a good motivation to get to know the Lord.

I don't believe you need or deserve any further response than this.

Doc,

Your right, I was leaving this thread alone. I guess I missed that when it was Resurrected.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,957
Posts18,480,454
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.