I was gonna pay my car note until I got high
I wasn't gonna gamble on the boat but then I got high
now the tow truck is pulling away and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- because I got high [repeat 3X]

I messed up my entire life because I got high
I lost my kids and wife because I got high
now I'm sleeping on the sidewalk and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- cause I got high [repeat 3X

Well my name is afroman and I'm from east pomdale (east-pom-dale)
and all the tolweed I be smokin is bomb as helllllll (excelent delivery)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's not like drunks don't get the munchies too.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by jimy
I've never seen anyone get high and beat their wife. smile

You must live in a classy trailer park.

It was till your mom moved in.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jim,

thanks for your well thought out and thoughtful reply...

you are bringing up valid points...

the question was proposed by someone who doesn't use alcohol, yet has had to support a brother who was court ordered to go thru AA for 2 years...................

Also where you bring up the use of cigarettes....I am also a person who has never smoked a cigarette in my life, much less had one touch my lips...

I noted the effects of cigarettes and alcohol on people when I was growing up... not only around family members but also folks in general...despite the use of alcohol and cigarettes being tied to the stigma of being cool or being 'manly'... didn't mean a thing to me... I saw easily that both had an adverse effect on the individual and directly or indirectly on their families and those around them...

I think I was bound and determined to never use either by the time I was 10 years old... As a freshman in college I partied hard with friends... but saw my buddies turn into alcoholics and I didn't, so I saw that as a wake up call...

Sat up 72 hours straight with a good friend in college, who had used LSD his first year of college... he was undergoing hallucinations 3 years after the fact... begging me not to leave him alone..

Working in a military hospital in the service, I had way too many patients who were dying of lung cancer from a lifetime of smoking.... also was assigned to young men as patients who had fried their minds on drugs, or had to deal with those that overdosed....

passing thru my ICU rotation, I had to listen to a mother daily wail over and over, about her 19 year old son turning himself into a vegetable after trying PCP while on guard duty one night..the kid was my assigned patient... kept my mouth shut, but felt like telling the mother the answer to her "why?" was her kid did it to himself..

or the other guy I was assigned to, that was paralized from the neck down, because he broke his neck in a car accident while high... 24 year old Black Soldier, athletic etc... condemned to spending the rest of his life in a wheel chair...

I never had the slightest inclination to try the crap, but even if I did, that would have cured me of it...People always think the consequinces with be paid some other day in the future and then they cry when the time comes.. they did it to themselves... that is what I'd hate to deal with...

Freaks me out but I shut up, when I see medical personnel who should know better, still drinking or doing drugs or smoking..

Life is short enough, I don't see why people always have to push it to become quicker... their philosophy is as long as it isn't today....

meth heads.... how quick that shortens one's life.. but they don't seem to care, until the time comes at least..

too much of a price tag to pay, for just 'getting high'...for themselves and society in general...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I feel the same way toward all intoxicants. If you want to use them, fine, that's your business, but if you endanger me or mine through their use, then you get your ass handed to you.

Around here you have to watch out for people driving 35 mph on the freeway.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Can I ask why somebody that drinks would live in a place that doesn't allow alcohol?

Dave

Because they get free Res money.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Damn, I missed it, it's the 23rd! Will a big fat doobie keep for a year?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Refrigerate it?

Booze and meth have ruined the people around here.

Earlier this week they found a 1 year old in a dumpster 20 miles down the road.

After searching for several hours, the FBI and Roosevelt County authorities joined the search.
Trottier said that Red Dog later confessed to an officer that she punched the infant three times and caused her death. Red Dog then put the body in a blue duffel bag and left the bag in a dumpster. The body was found by officers at 1:55 p.m. on Wednesday, April 20.
After questions from public defender Mary Zemyan, Trottier said Red Dog’s confession was recorded. When asked if the defendant was under the influence of an intoxicating substance at the time of the alleged crime, Trottier answered, “It could be very well possible.”
Trottier testified natural cases were ruled out during an autopsy. He said the 13-month-old died from blunt force injuries.

Guessing weed wasn't her drug of choice.....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Alcohol has been around for thousands of years, altering the mind has been a past time for a very long time, we have more people and more mind altering substances, with a news media that is driven by blood and gore, a deadly combination.

Take a look at our worlds leaders, and the ones that have been taken out in the last one hundred and fifty years, the death toll is staggering to say the least, yet accepted by the masses.

Today's tolerances for death is also unprecedented, abortions kill millions of babies each year,babies mind you, the very best selling of video games are the most violent and realistic blood splattered killings, and today's music, and I apologize for referring to it as music, but the point needs made, its barbaric in nature.

As a breed, man kind is not a happy beast, smart yet sadistic enough to enjoy the misery of our fellow man. Some folks celebrate life, others shy from it, in the big picture so many of us try to change our own views of how we see our daily lives, we always have and always will, its the drug of choice that becomes the biggest variable.

Its like the thorns of a rose.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 42 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.