Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Jeff_O,

I came from a place of beauty, and someday, I get to return to it! That's a scientific fact, no God required, yet it's a profoundly calming viewpoint, if understood and accepted.

Scentific fact is established by observation, testing, verification, repeatablity. What you have posted is a self serving ignorant opinion. I use the work ignorant because you have not died and come back to tell us a TRUE observation.

antelope_sniper,

Let's deal with the core of Christianity for a moment.

God created the entire Universe, billions of Galaxies, each with billions of starts, so he could have a relationship with one primate species on one spec of dirt. Keep in mind for centuries this narcissism extended to a belief that the earth was the center of the universe. God has the entire Universe to tend to, yet Christians believe God cares about with whom you sleep with, an in what positions, and if you paid the right priest for the right appropriations ahead of time.

This shows your lack of education of the Christian faith. You listen to or read only those who agree with your position. The reason the universe appears to be infinite to us finites is for the God of the Bible to show us His Infinite Intelligent Energy is beyond mere mortal's concept. God's Word tells us He spans the stars with His right hand.

You want us to believe everything came from nothing which became something, all by itself. And this nothing which became something produced conscienceness in humans who somehow randomly believe in morality and beauty. You are constantly willfully ignorant of the basic scientific concept of an effect can not be equal to or greater than its cause.

Before you can use the Bible as evidence you must establish it's credibility, which you have failed to do, so there is no reason to believe your above assertion.

As for you erroneous understanding of cause and effect, I've already explained this to you in detail. You should really look up "butterfly effect", and "snowball effect".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We need to establish the credibility of the bible? GMAFB.

If the bible is not a credible source when discussing Christianity with a militant atheist then I suppose us Christians should be terribly worried about the veracity of the book while believing in the atheist. Lolol

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I personally believe what is taught in the Christian Holy Bible about heaven, hell and God.

To all who disagree, someday we'll see who's right, won't we?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yep, in plain language.

But this thread has developed into another "Full Moon" thread.
So lunar ramblings pervade.

Last edited by Wyogal; 04/24/16.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Well I certainly don't have the definite answer, just like everyone else. Still, if I had to bet I'd bet on everyone being wrong, by more than a little. We haven't even figured out everything about our earth and environment yet, nevermind our solar system and then the rest of space. What's the chances someone got the whole God/creation etc thing just right? If such a thing exists, could we even fully understand it? Most people can't even fully understand quantum physics or the like.

I believe a creator, I just don't know for sure what the nature of that creator is. I have ideas and beliefs, but am fully aware that some or all of them may be wrong. I don't KNOW, and neither does anyone else. If they say they do then perhaps the don't understand what KNOW means. Some have died and come back with amazing stories, and maybe they know...but maybe it's all a trick of the brain. I don't think so, but it's a possibility. And if you accept one NDE then can you discount the rest, the ones that don't match up with your idea of what should have happened? Don't know, but it's all very interesting nevertheless,and hopefully one day I KNOW.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff_O,

Further, Occam tells us that the simpler explanation of observed events is usually the correct one.

You bring up an interesting idea. Based on Occam's razor tell us which is a better explanation. Crick and Watson discovered the DNA molecule. Because they just can't abide the Creator they invented "pan sprmia" to explains it presents to on earth. That is spacemen brought it. That of course begs the question, where did they come from and adinfinitum... or to believe in the scientific concept of cause and effect? That is an Infinite Being, beyond your comprehension called it all into existence by His Personal Power.

I actually have zero issue with the notion of superior beings, or that they might have seeded life here. I don't call them "God". I call them aliens. grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
mojohand, thanks for quoting the story from skeptics.com; it certainly puts an entirely different light on Alexander's book!

I didn't read the book that critically, but on the other hand I have to say the critics may be reading it with an excess of zeal. I'm not sure I have the time or energy to chase down their accusations and assertions to be sure they are being truthful themselves. It seems to be necessary in this day and age of internet "investigative reporting".

Again, thanks for bringing up the critique. At the very least it pops a lot of air out of the Alexander balloon.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
AcesNeights,

The unbelievers trust in their ignorant prejudice more than science. Consider, in ancient literature, the number of manuscripts available and the years between the manuscripts and the time the evens occurred. For the objective scientists there is nothing like the Bible in number of manuscripts and accuracy.

I remember lecture about three archaeologists, Drs. Nelson Glueck, Clifford Wilson, and William Albright, on a dig in the Middle East. The only Christian in the bunch was Clifford Wilson. But they all used the Bible to help them find dig sights and to date the dig sights. Gluick, being the most antagonistic, admitted something to the effect, "Those Jews were careful historians."

I was watching a program about history. There was a panel of five professors or scientists from different countries. None were even remotely religious. Something about Jesus came up. The woman from Russia suggested Jesus was based on a myth. The other four ganged up on her with legal historical facts that she could not ever begin to refute.

The atheist use a tool we are all guilty of using. It is called ignorant prejudice. blush

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by olblue
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by olblue
Originally Posted by gunner500
I slept 9 hrs like a rock last night Rost, wonder what kind on inner peace I posses?

If I could do that, I'd have some peace I know! LOL.

The only place I can sleep most of the night is in Alaska for some reason. When we get there, and crawl in the sleeping bags, its just natural to be able to sleep a full night every night we are there....

What I was getting at the nights are awfully short that time of year . but we catch up with sleep in the winter. --- Mel
Would that be in June or July? grin wink --- Mel

mid to late september so far generally... June/July gets hot in the tents at times.

What I was referring to in the nights are pretty short that time of year. But we catch up on our sleep during winter. --- Mel

LOL, you gotta bear with me... we won't be able to infil until 4 years and 8 more months, then we'll learn the local tongue. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I personally believe what is taught in the Christian Holy Bible about heaven, hell and God.

To all who disagree, someday we'll see who's right, won't we?

That presumes there is something of us intelligent that survives death. If not, there is nothing the experience anything, let alone and afterlife.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jeff_O,

I actually have zero issue with the notion of superior beings, or that they might have seeded life here. I don't call them "God". I call them aliens. grin

I may not have spelled "adinfititum" correctly. Maybe someone will correct my spelling so you can understand it. The idea of spacemen bringing the DNA to earth still begs the question, where did they come from, adinfinitum. Eventually, an intelligent person wants to know where the first one came from.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Jeff_O,

I came from a place of beauty, and someday, I get to return to it! That's a scientific fact, no God required, yet it's a profoundly calming viewpoint, if understood and accepted.

Scentific fact is established by observation, testing, verification, repeatablity. What you have posted is a self serving ignorant opinion. I use the work ignorant because you have not died and come back to tell us a TRUE observation.

antelope_sniper,

God created the entire Universe, billions of Galaxies, each with billions of starts, so he could have a relationship with one primate species on one spec of dirt. Keep in mind for centuries this narcissism extended to a belief that the earth was the center of the universe. God has the entire Universe to tend to, yet Christians believe God cares about with whom you sleep with, an in what positions, and if you paid the right priest for the right appropriations ahead of time.

This shows your lack of education of the Christian faith. You listen to or read only those who agree with your position. The reason the universe appears to be infinite to us finites is for the God of the Bible to show us His Infinite Intelligent Energy is beyond mere mortal's concept. God's Word tells us He spans the stars with His right hand.

You want us to believe everything came from nothing which became something, all by itself. And this nothing which became something produced conscienceness in humans who somehow randomly believe in morality and beauty. You are constantly willfully ignorant of the basic scientific concept of an effect can not be equal to or greater than its cause.

Before you can use the Bible as evidence you must establish it's credibility, which you have failed to do, so there is no reason to believe your above assertion.

As for you erroneous understanding of cause and effect, I've already explained this to you in detail. You should really look up "butterfly effect", and "snowball effect".

THis is getting to be like the folks that come to the LR forum and scream you can't shoot that far because I can't shoot that far.

Fine, shoot short, and play your game but leave the rest of us alone. You are not doing any good trying to convince us that we don't know how to shoot. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
AcesNeights,

The unbelievers trust in their ignorant prejudice more than science. Consider, in ancient literature, the number of manuscripts available and the years between the manuscripts and the time the evens occurred. For the objective scientists there is nothing like the Bible in number of manuscripts and accuracy.

I remember lecture about three archaeologists, Drs. Nelson Glueck, Clifford Wilson, and William Albright, on a dig in the Middle East. The only Christian in the bunch was Clifford Wilson. But they all used the Bible to help them find dig sights and to date the dig sights. Gluick, being the most antagonistic, admitted something to the effect, "Those Jews were careful historians."

I was watching a program about history. There was a panel of five professors or scientists from different countries. None were even remotely religious. Something about Jesus came up. The woman from Russia suggested Jesus was based on a myth. The other four ganged up on her with legal historical facts that she could not ever begin to refute.

The atheist use a tool we are all guilty of using. It is called ignorant prejudice. blush

Not really, since main stream Biblical Scholars now accept that Moses and the Exodus are fiction.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No they actually don't.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Jeff_O,

antelope_sniper,

THis is getting to be like the folks that come to the LR forum and scream you can't shoot that far because I can't shoot that far.

Fine, shoot short, and play your game but leave the rest of us alone. You are not doing any good trying to convince us that we don't know how to shoot. LOL

Rost,

I'm not saying you can't shoot that far, I'm saying you need to chronograph your loads and check your drop charts on paper vs. taking the word of some ancient Mesopotamian clay tablet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Main stream? AS, with all due respect bud, you really are clueless about what you don't know and you should just quit while you are behind.

It's curious that like a fly you and others who don't believe keep coming back to threads like this to utter complete completely ridiculous comments. wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

Not really, since main stream Biblical Scholars now accept that Moses and the Exodus are fiction.

Like I already posted: You read and listen to only those who agree with your position. Can you discredit the three archaeologists I posted? Please try. You will be famous.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just spoke with God.

He said all y'all mutha fugka's are going to hell.

He's cool with me though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
A common core "religious" belief, so core that that it's often hard for folks to even SEE it in themselves, is that they are this special little being with someone watching over them and the world is revolving around THEM.

What "common core religious belief" are you exposed to..."so core"...that those practitioners of it feel as if "the world is revolving around THEM"...?

God created the entire Universe, billions of Galaxies, each with billions of starts, so he could have a relationship with one primate species on one spec of dirt...
The core belief Jeff speaks of is the narcissist belief that you are so special, the creator of all this, that looks just like you, somehow wants or needs a personal relationship with YOU.

Why do you, or Jeff_O, create any of the things that you two have created...ya'll's children, for example...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DocRocket
mojohand, thanks for quoting the story from skeptics.com; it certainly puts an entirely different light on Alexander's book!

I didn't read the book that critically, but on the other hand I have to say the critics may be reading it with an excess of zeal. I'm not sure I have the time or energy to chase down their accusations and assertions to be sure they are being truthful themselves. It seems to be necessary in this day and age of internet "investigative reporting".

Again, thanks for bringing up the critique. At the very least it pops a lot of air out of the Alexander balloon.

...... aaaaand this is what I like about Mr. Rocket. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,279
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.