Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by isaac
Trump and his lawyers lost and he will be back in court during the election.
-------------

Hilarious.

Hey we agree! It tickles me, too. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by RickyD
-------------

Hilarious.

-------------

For different reasons, no doubt.

Do me a favor though. Keep us updated on these trial proceedings that occur during the election, if you don't mind.

This is too easy!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
You can count on it.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Tarla Makaeff has had enough of Donald Trump after spending six years fighting him in court.

The Southern California yoga instructor wants to withdraw from a federal class-action lawsuit that says Trump University fleeced students with an empty promise to teach them real estate. Her lawyers said the Republican presidential front-runner and his team have put her "through the wringer" and made the prospect of a trial unbearable. A judge will consider the request Friday, four days before Florida and Ohio hold their primaries.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If there is a slower moving court system than NY, I don't know what it is. That case is years away from trial, particularly with all the added plaintiffs.

And for the Great Unwashed, there's a far cry from being deposed and being in court.

Just saying, because I don't care about this case in the least.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, thank goodness some time has passed, otherwise those BBB complaints which were filed against the "university" would not have lapsed and they would still show a D- rating instead of the meaningless A rating they currently show. (That Trump, he's a good and honest man alright.)

(My info from lapdog Rush Limbaugh's IED network. laugh )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
-------------

Hilarious.

What exactly did he "lose"?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
-------------

Hilarious.

-------------

For different reasons, no doubt.

Do me a favor though. Keep us updated on these trial proceedings that occur during the election, if you don't mind.

This is too easy!

4/26/16/ FOX News: NY judge decides Trump University case going to trial
A New York judge decided Tuesday that a fraud case against Donald Trump over his former school for real estate investors will go to trial – raising the possibility that the Republican presidential primary front-runner could testify during campaign season.

New York County Supreme Court Judge Cynthia Kern made the decision at a hearing Tuesday, though it remains unclear whether the case will be weighed at a jury trial – which is what Trump’s team is seeking. Trump attorney Jeffrey Goldman said it’s possible the trial could be held this fall, and Trump could testify.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Just give us the summer trial date when you can, Columbo.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

I miss Columbo.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Someone get on Pacer and try to find a scheduling order.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Whooppeee this is huge.

Some interlocutory order doing what? Expanding the class and we go to trial? Gee that's enormous.

Big deal. You'd have to be a layman to get jollied up over this POS.

Most of the plaintiffs are stiffs, part of a class and the whole thing is orchestrated by a bunch of lawyers who took the case on the come (contingent fee).....because there is no way you're gonna get 5000 plaintiffs to keep up with legal fees LOL!

No wonder Trump said he could settle cheap...the lawyers will want to get paid.

I would rather have this as a problem than Hillay's situation. That's real....this is a huge joke.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Judge sets Trump University hearing for first day of GOP convention
By Josh Gerstein 4/26/16

As the Republican National Convention kicks off this summer, political mavens will be focused on the maneuvering in Cleveland, but it might be worth keeping an eye on happenings some 2000 miles away in a federal courtroom in San Diego.

A federal judge announced this week that on the first day of that convention he plans to convene an important hearing on a class-action lawsuit against Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump and his Trump University real estate seminar program.

U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel issued an order Monday setting the July 18 hearing on a move by Trump's lawyers to toss out the Cohen v. Trump case. The judge also plans to take up other motions, including one asking that the case be stripped of its class-action status.

In a series of public appearances in February, Trump said Curiel seemed to be biased against him because the judge "happens to be Spanish" and could be expected to disagree with Trump's strong statements against illegal immigration.
The real estate mogul said he might move to disqualify Curiel, but no such motion has been made and Trump's attorney did not raise any issues about the judge during a hearing last month. (Curiel, who was born in Indiana, is of Latino origin.)

Curiel is also considering when to set a trial in a related case involving people in three particular states who paid up to $35,000 to take part in the Trump University program.
There has been discussion of a trial in June or August, but at last month's hearing Curiel seemed uncomfortable with the idea of a jury trial during the campaign if Trump remains an active candidate. Another hearing on that scheduling issue is set for next week.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
That is a pretrial hearing. Trump won't be there.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kroo88

I miss Columbo.

More so than the gray matter?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump University is a success because Cruz got schooled...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apparently the trauma brought about by witnessing "his girl" on the Donald has driven the OP off the edge.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This suit has been in the works for along time----way before Trump announced his candidacy. The larger question is what special kinds of morons nominate a guy with this kind of baggage?

From an article summarizing the complaint: "Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers' advancement through costly programs and caused real financial harm," Schneiderman said. "Trump University, with Donald Trump's knowledge and participation, relied on Trump's name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand."

And it doesn't look like "the Donald" is finished yet fleecing the "uninformed, unintelligent and easily led". Hell, he's done a nice job of it on this forum!

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RobJordan
This suit has been in the works for along time----way before Trump announced his candidacy. The larger question is what special kinds of morons nominate a guy with this kind of baggage?

From an article summarizing the complaint: "Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers' advancement through costly programs and caused real financial harm," Schneiderman said. "Trump University, with Donald Trump's knowledge and participation, relied on Trump's name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand."

And it doesn't look like "the Donald" is finished yet fleecing the "uninformed, unintelligent and easily led". Hell, he's done a nice job of it on this forum!

laffin.....so naive.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 47 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,078
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.