Campfire Ranger
D
and insure democratic rule forever

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What's so hard to understand about 1,237?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
We NEED to toss the electoral college...it would be one step towards your vote actually counting...

I could make arguments either way, and for the most part agree with you, but just like the TOTAL CLUSTER [bleep] that is the primaries, it is what it is right now.

Short of armed rebellion, it isn't going to help with the Hillary ouster.

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Trumps home state of NY...wow he is bringing new voters to the polls in masses right? The Dems are staying home right?

Trumps votes in NY primary 1/2 Million, Sanders 3/4 of a million,Hillary 1 1/2 million votes

Keep fooling yourselves thinking Trump will bring more new voters than Dems can keep up with

Last hope is Hillary gets indicted

You fail to see the effect of a closed state primary. With a closed primary more truth can be found in the writings on a restroom wall.
Bullschit, Trump would have pulled a fraction of those votes away nothing remotely close to carry NY

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We NEED to toss the electoral college...it would be one step towards your vote actually counting...

Worst idea, ever.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by isaac
The Dem primary vote this year is down 20%.

Trump has far many more total popular votes than Clinton, by a huge percentage.

I see Hillary as having more.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
What's so hard to understand about 1,237?

Nothing, by the time dust settles one candidate will have that... usually what happens.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I started out about a year ago as a fan of Scott Walker (still am) but he didn't last long. For a short while (real short) I thought Kasich might be a winner but soon tired of his self-centered rhetoric. I moved to Cruz and have stayed there for months.........until recently. I have come to a place where I can't stand to watch him speak with his mannerisms and bobble head ways. The teaming with Kasich and his politician stretching of the truth have ended my affair with Cruz. I have come around to just going to accept the fact that Trump is the likely nominee, and if so, will get my vote in November. And to be honest, if he wins and tries to do what he has stated he will do, he will be good for America.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Trumps home state of NY...wow he is bringing new voters to the polls in masses right? The Dems are staying home right?

Trumps votes in NY primary 1/2 Million, Sanders 3/4 of a million,Hillary 1 1/2 million votes

Keep fooling yourselves thinking Trump will bring more new voters than Dems can keep up with

Last hope is Hillary gets indicted

You fail to see the effect of a closed state primary. With a closed primary more truth can be found in the writings on a restroom wall.
Bullschit, Trump would have pulled a fraction of those votes away nothing remotely close to carry NY

Really go do a quick check of 5 stall and I bet you'll read at least one "you cruz you lose".

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
I will take all bets that Trump does not carry NY come November

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah dumping the EC would be GREAT - it would eliminate any voice from the 25 least populated states and make all those red states in the middle of the country irrelevant. Brilliant.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 04/26/16.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

You/WE MAY want to do that!

However, the system we have has served 'fairly' well. Problems? Absolutely.

The reality is that there has NEVER been a direct voter/election of a POTUS.

Total votes cast that actually produced a POTUS since 1964 is 538 for each Presidential Election.

The States each have 'Electors' and it is the States that determine the method of selecting them and the guidance on how they are to cast a vote. Some 'Free-range' some based on the 'will' of the state citizens, or a combination.

It is a messy 'balance' to be sure.

One Man/One Vote sounds really good, however Constitutionally it was/is not contemplated.

Pure democracy is little more than SANCTIONED Mob-Rule.

JTHRaRoAPOMM

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Yeah dumping the EC would be GREAT - it would eliminate any voice from the 25 least populated states and make all those red states in the middle f the country irrelevant. Brilliant.

Bingo.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
OH, WI, FL, VA and NC. Everything else is already decided.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Yeah dumping the EC would be GREAT - it would eliminate any voice from the 25 least populated states and make all those red states in the middle of the country irrelevant. Brilliant.

I will be the first to admit that Im ignorant on how our political system works. I find it frustrating that its not just plain simpler...i.e. people vote, you count them up and the guy with the most votes wins....

But that obviously is not how it works....or even close.

Makes me wonder why you guys get so spooled up about your 'vote'....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
for the electoral college to go, only land owners and actual tax payers would be allowed to vote, among other things.

Until people legislated the workarounds.

It would be fun for about 20 years though.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE
for the electoral college to go, only land owners and actual tax payers would be allowed to vote, among other things.

I sure as schitt don't see anything wrong with that concept....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ingwe, you are not alone.

Sadly, most in this country do not realize that the very first direct election of a U.S. Senator didn't occur until AFTER 1913, with the ratification of the 17th Amen.

Prior to that, Senators were appoionted/chosen/seleccted by the various STATE Houses.

You want to change something???

IMHO, repeal the 17th..................

( . Y . )
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by muffin
Ingwe, you are not alone.

Sadly, most in this country do not realize that the very first direct election of a U.S. Senator didn't occur until AFTER 1913, with the ratification of the 17th Amen.

Prior to that, Senators were appoionted/chosen/seleccted by the various STATE Houses.

You want to change something???

IMHO, repeal the 17th..................

19th while you're at it? grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep. Things would be very different already if the popular vote was followed, rather than the delegate system. Reduce it to the top two and run them off. It works for the States.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,753 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.