Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cruz is toast, Kasich is certifiable and Trump will put up a good fight. But the parting phrase is: Madam President. Given that, the Nation will be catapulted into a tanking economy, rising inflation, numerous international skirmishes and a near civil war at home. SCOTUS is lost for two generations as is the 2A.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 04/27/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If not Trump the GOP would be destroyed, Hillary would get elected, and the country would blow wide open.

The RNC are knotheads, but even *they* have reached the point of understanding the situation.

Trump will win on the first ballot.

If RNC keeps playing games then Trump will have every right to go 3rd party. Even though he may not win, he will destroy the GOP forever and flush current republican elected officials out of their cushy jobs.

Last edited by 86thecat; 04/27/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 86thecat
If RNC keeps playing games then Trump will have every right to go 3rd party. Even though he may not win, he will destroy the GOP forever and flush current republican elected officials out of their cushy jobs.

The GOP has long been destroyed, imho...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cummins, you're simply delusional to believe there is somehow a path that leads to Cruz winning in a general election.

It defies all reason and logic but yet you keep going there. Why?

Near as I can tell, you're either trolling or you have the reasoning skills of a child.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Rex--Syntax and poor reasoning skills lead me to believe Cummins and kro88 are youngsters.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Or drunk off their azz.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Party conventions are staged, reality TV love-ins for the purpose of free publicity for the general election. Dissention looks bad for the general election. Even if Trump does not have the nomination locked up with committed primary votes for the first ballot, if he is close enough he will take it on the first ballot. Uncommitted delegates will see the writing on the wall and go with the flow, even if only for patronage points in a potential administration. All it takes is a deal maker in the smoke filled rooms.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
It certainly isn't over, but if it goes down that way cheer all you want but Cruz will lose the general election in a landslide.

Logically, one would expect that Trump might pull more crossover votes in the general than Cruz as many of Bernie's side can't stand the witch and Bernie's supporters are so far left, there is no way they would be able to stomach a conservative, but Trump might be tolerable to some of them. OTOH, Trump is also so very hated (and feared) by many, many on the left. We know what fear does since that is why we have this mess. I seriously doubt that fear will fix the mess either. Hillary wins on fear. eek

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by KMS
Well you better hope it's Trump because if it's Cruz you lose to Hillary.

I'm so tired of hearing that! Cruz supporters say Trump will lose to Hillary. Trump supporters say Cruz will lose to Hillary. Let's just put up a nominee and let the chips fall where they may.

KHS: Cruz's results last night should be all you need to know...

Truth.

The clown shoe may lose to Hilary, but Cruz doesn't seem to have a shot in hell.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If not Trump the GOP would be destroyed, Hillary would get elected, and the country would blow wide open.

The RNC are knotheads, but even *they* have reached the point of understanding the situation.

Trump will win on the first ballot.

I think the GOP is toast regardless. Trump is the death knell.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KMS
As much as I wish Cruz were the nominee, it won't happen. No way the delegates trade Trump for Cruz. I never cared for Trump, but the majority of voters do. At this point, I hope he locks up this nomination so we can all just move forward and stop all this back and forth crap.

what he said ^

I actually preferred Cruz way over Trump when this started, but Trump gained momentum.

And I agree with the assessment that Cruz won't win any state that Romney didn't already win, whereas Trump might.

still not a fan of Trump

but ABC baby, ABC

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The only way that Trump doesn't get the nomination is old school croneyisum takes hold. Then we will get the hag. Cruz cant win against her machine. Not a big Trump fan here, but I would vote for him if I have too. Sure can't vote for the democrap bi tch.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
By actual count (Including Penn.) Trump has over 1,000 delegates.The parties over.Cruz is having a desperation flame out.His buddy Kasich porked him and the Unholy Alliance

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Huntz
By actual count (Including Penn.) Trump has over 1,000 delegates.The parties over.Cruz is having a desperation flame out.His buddy Kasich porked him and the Unholy Alliance

Add another 51 for New Jersey.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KMS

I'm so tired of hearing that! Cruz supporters say Trump will lose to Hillary. Trump supporters say Cruz will lose to Hillary. Let's just put up a nominee and let the chips fall where they may.

Cruz's results last night show that New York liberals win in the North East.
And that Trump cannot beat Hillary in the North East.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Trump has 987 confirmed delegates and probably more. He'll take new jersey's 51 and at least 150 in California, means he needs 50 more from the 380 still available in Indiana, West Virgina, ect..

As candidates become unviable mathematically their supporters don't bother voting in primaries. There will be no surprise surge of support against Trump for one of the other candidates.

The primary is over mathematically... 1150 is laughable.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 04/27/16.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Most likely one of the party delegates will propose a rule change during the rules committee meeting a week before the convention... there was talk about proposing a rule change allowing 8 candidates with at least one delegate to his count.

Link

But even without the rule change it will follow pretty much as stated at this site a few day's ago.

Link

Now personally I don't think that Trump or Cruz is wanted... but that will remain to be seen.

Hell, I would be real surprised if Cruz will be able to remain in the Senate, I think he's done in all politics.

Phil

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rrroae
Or drunk off their azz.

Lol. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that hangover. I get brain freeze just listening to the Cruztaceans and their prophet

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by KMS

Cruz's results last night show that New York liberals win in the North East.
And that Trump cannot beat Hillary in the North East.

If Trump can't, Cruz can't...for sure. Just look at Cruz's terrible percentages the other night. He does not have the appeal to pull votes from the middle that Trump does. Pretty obvious.

That's what you have missed from the start.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 222Sako, 1badf350, 2500HD, 204guy, 57 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,509
Posts18,509,332
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.