Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Don't the delegates meet early in the 'week of' to discuss/set rules?
Many 'ifs' in the OP's first post.

FJB & FJT

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well for starters, Trump has enough delegates to change Rule 40 from (8) to (10), squeezing out Teddy.

Someone calls for that Rule Change and Trump has gathered enough support to ratify it, it's over for Ol' Lyin Ted.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Raeford
Don't the delegates meet early in the 'week of' to discuss/set rules?
Many 'ifs' in the OP's first post.

Not only "ifs" but total fabrication of the rules and the system.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by dsink
This is my first post on any of the political post.

I heard pointed out on the news last night there are record numbers of democrats that are switching parties over to R. Also they pointed out that the D voter turn out is at an all time low and the R's are at an all time high, something like 30% higher than normal. Sorry, I do not have a link.

I am for Cruz but will vote for Trump if hes nominated. Trump does seem to be really pulling votes in from the Independents and also from the D's in the states where they are allowed to cross over in the primary's.

I got to give it to Trump on one thing. He has got a lot of people fired up which I think is a good thing. As much as I like Cruz, I don't think he can beat Hilary but I think Trump can.

I know I will be glad when its over and we can get back to talking about guns, loads, scopes and B.S. again.

There we go. Good point.

What some of our more vocal conservatives on here don't understand is that this election is not about Conservative vs Liberal, Progressive vs RINO, or divided along other ideological lines.

It's about "People" versus an out-of-control federal government and a system that has been broken and distorted.....by both sides of the aisle.

100%

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The problem remains. Every Trump solution requires a bigger and a more authoritarian government.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 04/27/16.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Right now Trump has a (Million) more votes than Cruz and Kasich combined.The math is very simple.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
Well for starters, Trump has enough delegates to change Rule 40 from (8) to (10), squeezing out Teddy.

Someone calls for that Rule Change and Trump has gathered enough support to ratify it, it's over for Ol' Lyin Ted.

Cruz will have more than 10. In fact I think he already does. So in that scenario why would Cruz, kasich, Rubio delegates vote for that knowing it will elect trump especially when we know 1/3 of trumps delegates are really Cruz people! This is why I say the rule isn't changing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Huntz
Right now Trump has a (Million) more votes than Cruz and Kasich combined.The math is very simple.

Math is very simple.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_vote_count.html

Trump: 10,056,690
Cruz: 6,854,211
Kasich: 3,672,832

Cruz + Kasich: 10,527,043

Now.. in the many math classes I took, 10,056,690 is NOT a (Million) more than 10,527,043.

In fact, it's 470,000 less.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Delegates are not restricted by anyone or anything as to voting one way or the other to rule changes... so once a rule change or new rule is proposed it'll go to a vote, and delegates can vote anyway they damn well please... so any delegates that were disenfranchised over this long and ridiculous spectacle of an election cycle can hold or change as to their first round vote.

Phil

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Math is very simple.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_vote_count.html

Now.. in the many math classes I took, 10,056,690 is NOT a (Million) more than 10,527,043.

Cool thanks.

Amazing how it takes two establishment hacks to equal one Donald Trump.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Boehner gave a speech today and called Cruz the "devil incarnate" and a "miserable SOB". A person he would NEVER Vote For. Lol

While I hate Boehner, I find that Cruz has burned so many bridges that he's effectively shut out and would be ineffectual and impotent. Nobody likes him and that's saying something in a Washington environment that is willing to deal with virtually any rat out there.

Cruz is unelectable at this point. Should he steal the nomination thru trickery and deceit he will do worse in the general than he did in his pathetic primary. The only path for him at this point is trickery, deceit and back room deals.

He is so demented and power hungry he's put his own greedy, power hungry aspirations ahead of the country. Makes sense I guess since he has no allegiance to his adopted country. Maybe his next move should be to challenge Trudeau and become Prime Minister of his native country, Canada.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Math is very simple.

Lolol. That's not how it works but for illustrative purposes let's pretend it does work that fluidly. Trump & Carson or Trump and Christie combining their votes both blow Cruz and Kasich totals out of the water. Listen I know this is tough to understand for Cruztaceans but a second or third place finisher finishes second or third because they didn't get as many votes as the first place guy. A second or third place finisher is not a winner even in modern America where winning is a thing of the past.

If it makes the Cruztaceans happy I'd be fine with giving the losers a participation trophy just to keep his supporters from slitting their wrists.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
While I hate Boehner, I find that Cruz has burned so many bridges that he's effectively shut out and would be ineffectual and impotent. Nobody likes him and that's saying something in a Washington environment that is willing to deal with virtually any rat out there.

Cruz is unelectable at this point. Should he steal the nomination thru trickery and deceit he will do worse in the general than he did in his pathetic primary. The only path for him at this point is trickery, deceit and back room deals.

He is so demented and power hungry he's put his own greedy, power hungry aspirations ahead of the country. Makes sense I guess since he has no allegiance to his adopted country. Maybe his next move should be to challenge Trudeau and become Prime Minister of his native country, Canada.

Dude... You're pushing the guy who was funding the Gang of Eight politicians and committees, and you're bashing the guy who defended Heller to the Supreme Court in an amicus brief from 31 states.

You own him. Just remember that.

Last edited by Calhoun; 04/28/16.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I rather doubt trump would/will be a great prez

Still better than Clinton though

In fact our f'ed gov't is so out of control, our economic situation so papered over & lied about by official gov't reporting

ANYBODY that was elected and had the power (which they don't ) to start making America sustainable again would be reviled as one of the worst potus in history

You don't take a 350 lb chain smoker & get him in shape without a fair amount of pain & denying him the things he enjoys

That's where our gov't is at bloated, toxic & pandering to the FSA

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Trump is between 250 and 300 delegates shy.

There will be no contested convention or an opportunity for the opportunists.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Overall, Trump won 109 delegates on the night, according to the Associated Press, and now has 954 delegates in total. He needs 283 more to clinch the nomination, meaning he’ll need to win around two-thirds of the remaining 422 delegates to win outright and avoid a contested convention.

Maybe, Maybe Not!

Phil

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You haven't included unbounded pledges.

Consider looking at "The Green Papers" for a detailed itemization of how it's playing out.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Unbound pledges don't count until the convention... and as you said they are unbound... personally I'm thinking that there is enough that wouldn't vote for him if they get the chance having changed their opinions after all the shenanigans!

Phil

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You can disregard the unbounded if you like. The fact of the matter remains that unbounded delegates have already pledged support for their district winners. You can add them up in July if it floats your boat though.

Just do so before the first ballot as it ends there.

William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Dude... You're pushing the guy who was funding the Gang of Eight politicians and committees, and you're bashing the guy who defended Heller to the Supreme Court in an amicus brief from 31 states.

You own him. Just remember that.

That doesn't automatically make him good presidential material, it makes him a lawyer. I'm sick of shysters running this country into the ground. I'm sure ymmv...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (219DW, 1badf350, 160user, 1941USMC, 1lessdog, 222ND, 55 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,385
Posts18,506,756
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.