Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing to do with politics but what kind do you use? No use in blasting all of them and saying that they are all junk and anybody with any smarts would never use one. I can't use a shaver that has a blade and am in need of a new electric one so what's your favorite?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use a Wahl beard trimmer with no guard. If I'm not sporting a beard it's stubble length only since my last day in the military.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Use the wahl hair clippers and do hair and beard at the same time, they both grow at about the same rate and get cut at about the same rate...

Phil

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've had a Braun for over 10 years but I can't recommend it. You can't wear the thing out but it takes a lot of work to get a close shave with it.

I read a review of shavers a while ago and they said that those triple head Norelco's are hard to beat.

The testers said that they would use the others then use the triple head Norelco to finish up with.

I've been meaning to get me one of them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When travelling and cannot use a safety razor on my face and head I use a Norelco. My son is on sever blood thinners along with his other cancer treatments and cannot use a blade of any kind. We got him a Norelco and it works for him too.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a Norelco that's at least 20 years old. I replaced the batteries 7 or 8 years ago and it's in need of new heads. It's not as good as the newer ones but it works. I don't use it all the time, though, just when I'm on the road or need a quick touchup.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I have an old Braun that has lasted quite well, but shaving my face is like cutting a wire brush, so, sorry, I need a blade razor.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If you make it through the next 60 years....ask yourself that question again!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My pop can't use a blade. He uses a norelco also.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've used a Braun in one form or another for over 45 years. Their screen seems to me to be superior without the bite.

However, any screen with slots for long hairs will bite. I just had delivered a couple of Model 60 battery operated Braun travel shavers. Two AA batts will last three weeks, and the shaver continues to give a comfortable shave for about a year.

Norelcos always seemed too big in my hands and you can buy a lot of AA batteries bulk for the $70 difference in price, not to mention the additional cost of screens and blades.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So far Norelco seems to be the most popular. I used one for about twenty years finally replacing it two years ago with one of their best but the blades are pretty well shot and you have to replace the complete head which is about the same price as a new shaver so I guess it's off to Costco for a new one.

Thanks, ya'll.

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have owned a number of Norelco's, all but the first one were Triple Headers. I did buy a Remington once (the Victor Kiam commercial sold me) but I ended up throwing it away and buying another Norelco. The model I have now is a Norelco rechargeable and can be used wet (if you have a need to shave in the shower). I have been pleased with the performance over the decades I've used them.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've been through this. I have tough wiskers. I tried wet shaving with the old Gilette flat razors, electrics, etc. Here's where I come out.

If you have time each morning, wet shaving is the cloest and easiest on dry skin.

Electric shavers need speed. Mine is a Panasonic with 13,000 RPM, linear motor. I can't use one with less speed. It just won't eat the wiskers.

The more blades against your skin, the more damage you're doing.

I ended up shaving with my Panasonic daily. And touch up with a Gillette double blade razor.

I don't have to shave every day, so I use the Panasonic as a first pass, then shave with hand razor against the grain. Works great, very close, no dry skin.

Hot water is your enemy! I shave with neutral temp water and when I'm done shaving, I rinse with the coldest I can stand. Then blot dry and finish with a decent after shave. Very happy with the results. I never knew what I was missing until I tried a good aftershave.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've had a Braun for over 10 years but I can't recommend it. You can't wear the thing out but it takes a lot of work to get a close shave with it........

+1

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Electric shavers don't shave as close as a blade can. It's not going give you as good a shave as blades so adjust your expectation accordingly. I've had a braun for several years and am pleased with it. My first electric was a norelco. One of the cheap ones and performed to it's price point.
The braun is expensive and performs well. Just not as well as a blade.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
If you make it through the next 60 years....ask yourself that question again!!

I sure hope I don't last THAT long!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Although it may not be the first brand name that comes to mind Panasonic makes some very good electric shavers. I've been using one for more than five years, I replace the foil and blades each year and it continues to provide a very close shave. My old model is probably roughly equivalent to the newer Arc III model. It has a high-speed motor (13000rpm), and the original rechargeable battery still holds a charge for nearly a full week if I take it on the road without the charger. It also works either wet or dry, and probably shaves even closer when used wet, but I rarely ever bother with that as the dry shave is quite close and smooth.

SAF / GOA / NRA Life Member - Endowment - Patron

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
^^^^^ Ditto. I have 2 Panasonic 13,000 RPM. Got the second one for dirt at a BOSCOV's close out. They are mostly found online for some reason.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've used Norelcos since the mid 70s. Corded, cordless rechargeable, 2 head, 3 head, travel size, whatever. They work. They work best if you don't switch back and forth between types of razors, and if you shave pretty much daily. They don't like long hair, several days of beard growth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Us Norelco now days, sure do miss the Sunbeam corded ones I used to use.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,433
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.