Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Friend of mine in High School when we lived at Ft Bragg, had his dad in Vietnam... his dad was a Green Beret....

someone broke into their home, they lived off base...

he chased the guy out, being the oldest and his mom freaking out... he grabbed an Old British 303 his dad had that was WW2 vintage..

he was by his sliding glass door next to the Washer and yelled for the guy to halt, as he was in the backyard running with some of his mom's jewelry in a bag..

when he yelled at the guy, the perp stopped and fired at him with a pistol the shot hitting the washer he was next to..

like his dad taught him, he didn't fire at the torso, but shot at his leg... took off his kneecap with a 303 FMJ... police came and hauled him away ( the perp) who happened to be one of "the brothers"....aka AfroAmerican...

three months later, my buddies family get a notice that the perp is taking them to court for shooting him...his dad came back from Nam, and I think his dad's military service is why it got thrown out of court...

but at the time it both shocked and pissed many of us, that the charges even saw the light of day in court...

this was 1968...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BMT
The root of the law is the Fifth commandment--You Shall Not Kill

This is the starting point. Defense of self and family from deadly force is fine. If you need to shoot to stop deadly force--fine. But "Stop" is the key term. Once a thief is fleeing, life is not in danger, and deadly force is no longer permissible.

The eighth commandment--You Shall Not Steal -- is not a free pass to kill (or use deadly force on) a thief.

BMT

You must have missed the part that if a thief be killed in the night then his blood shall not be on the one who done society a favor.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Scott F
Updated: Social media has been busy since Wednesday’s revelation by several news agencies around the country, including WXIN in Indianapolis, that a convicted Indiana burglar is now suing the homeowner who shot him just over two years ago.

Dead men do not sue.
But their families might...

Therein lies the lesson of the day.
X2

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I read it right, the thief got shot in the alley running away.

That's not the same as inside the garage with a knife and a pillow full of stuff......

I'm not familiar with the law in that state, but in this state, I'd hesitate to shoot at anyone off my property, running away, unless they were firing a weapon.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Scott F
Updated: Social media has been busy since Wednesday’s revelation by several news agencies around the country, including WXIN in Indianapolis, that a convicted Indiana burglar is now suing the homeowner who shot him just over two years ago.

Dead men do not sue.
But their families might...

Therein lies the lesson of the day.
X2

Wrongful death suits are largely a thing of the past. Many, many states limit the suits to $250k, or somewhere in the neighborhood.

These large "settlements" that we see these cities make are not litigious suits that would ever be awarded the amounts of money they pay.

They are extortion payments to greedy family members and sect leaders to avoid having their cities burnt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dead offenders can't do that. Just sayin

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
If I read it right, the thief got shot in the alley running away.

That's not the same as inside the garage with a knife and a pillow full of stuff......

I'm not familiar with the law in that state, but in this state, I'd hesitate to shoot at anyone off my property, running away, unless they were firing a weapon.

That's the way I read it. Running away, off of your property, hasn't stolen anything, unarmed/no immediate danger to you....I think I'd back off the trigger.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
...In Ca you can go to Jail or get Sued for just brandishing a Plastic Toy Gun against a would be Attacker or Car Thief to scare them away.

Anyone stupid enough to rely on a plastic toy gun, for self defense, should go to jail only after a thorough beat-down.
Anybody stupid enough to think that was a point of the post should stay off the internet to avoid further embarrassment.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 60 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.