Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If you think it is expensive to hunt in Montana, you ought to try living here...

This right here.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And if free still isn't good enough, you can move here and earn half what you are getting where you are living now and save yourself $600.00...

This sums it ALL up!!

When I left my job in PA and moved this way, I was expecting a pay cut of about 25%. Turned out to be 55%. In 2013 in MT, I made the same amount I made in 1999, in PA. I don't know what they are making in PA now, but it is probably 50% more than here.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DINK
Montana couldn't own the animals with out them living on public.

Your back to saying only the wealthy can hunt wildlife on federal owned public land. If your not wealthy look at the flowers.

It's a lot like saying that paid into social security your entire working career but your retirement is so good that you can't draw your check cause someone else local that did not to work deserves your check.

Dink

Even on Federal land that you have ownership, you can't just go on it anywhere and mine it or cut timber without answering to regulations, what gives you any right to hunt game at your leisure?

I am not saying I should get to kill game at leisure. But I should not be priced out of hunting because residents won't fund thier own game and fish department.

When that federal land is on fire it's not state money that puts it's out. When that federal land needs anything it's federal money that pays it.

Except game animals. They live on federal land, are supported by federal money and are sold by the state.

Dink

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

How much was that lease you had in Montana?
laugh

Last edited by Backroads; 05/13/16.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

Your back to saying only the wealthy can hunt wildlife on federal owned public land. If your not wealthy look at the flowers.

It's a lot like saying that paid into social security your entire working career but your retirement is so good that you can't draw your check cause someone else local that did not to work deserves your check.

Dink

Even on Federal land that you have ownership, you can't just go on it anywhere and mine it or cut timber without answering to regulations, what gives you any right to hunt game at your leisure?

I am not saying I should get to kill game at leisure. But I should not be priced out of hunting because residents won't fund thier own game and fish department.

When that federal land is on fire it's not state money that puts it's out. When that federal land needs anything it's federal money that pays it.

Except game animals. They live on federal land, are supported by federal money and are sold by the state.

Dink

Face it, you will never be happy until you are empowered to change things to your benefit. That won't happen anytime soon and as a resident of the state of Montana, I will continue to appreciate what you don't. Amerca was founded on independence and state's rights. There isn't much left of what it started out to be, thank goodness what little there is left is keeping others with no vested interest in the property of the state of Montana, from exercising some illusion of equality that doesn't even exist...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
No I am tired of western states wanting welfare type hand outs. Just look at some of the post in this thread, were poor, we don't make median income, wages aren't good, etc. I hear the same thing from people that get a check on the third of every month that they don't deserve.

Montana resident youth elk and deer tag cost $18. For a non-resident youth it cost $505. That's shameful.

Of course I read the residents were plenty mad when game and fish wanted a 20% increase a few years ago.

Resident don't deserve cheap hunting on federal lands anymore than any other US citizen. I pay my share of taxes just like everyone else.

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 05/13/16.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Dink

Dink

Montana's residents won't fund their own Game and Fish department?? That's a pretty wild claim you're making. And I would suspect you're not very knowledgeable about the costs of a Game and Fish Department in a Western State. Go look at an atlas, see the terrain, acrage, the mountains, the lakes and streams, all of which your state has little or none.
Now you're talking just stupid. Special one, you are, and not being complimentary, to expect special consideration from a state that you don't even live in. Talking that kind of attitude wouldn't get you very far in Wyoming or Montana. best you stay back there in Misery.

Last edited by Wyogal; 05/13/16.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The last time I checked I believe 80 something percent of Montana game fish budget came from non-resident tag sales.

I would think if less than 20% of their budget comes from residents that would be considered not funding it.

It's been a few years but I bet not much has changed.

Dink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you lived in a state that had as much demand for NR tags as Montana, Wyoming, or Colorado you'd sing a different tune.

I'm sure the NR tags in Missouri are much cheaper. And there's a good reason for that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The last time I checked I believe 80 something percent of Montana game fish budget came from non-resident tag sales.

I would think if less than 20% of their budget comes from residents that would be considered not funding it.

Dink

And I'll bet that 20% is a larger number than what Misery's resident's pay for their F&G Dept. You got alot of Obama phone owners in your locale. Check those stats while you're at it.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Missouri has a sales tax for conservation department. They literally have more money than they can spend. They have no need for high tag prices. Residents fund them.

Dink

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
And your F&G have far less to manage. Hence you look for another state to hunt in. Of course.....

If you look at the number of individual welfare recipients, takers of federal subsidies, health insurance subsidies in your state, other states' individuals who actually pay Federal income tax, are paying for those subsidies. So the sales tax that welfare recipients pay for their purchased goodies, come from us taxpayers.
To a degree then, WE pay for your F&G Dept.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
No I am tired of western states wanting welfare type hand outs. Just look at some of the post in this thread, were poor, we don't make median income, wages aren't good, etc. I hear the same thing from people that get a check on the third of every month that they don't deserve.

Montana resident youth elk and deer tag cost $18. For a non-resident youth it cost $505. That's shameful.

Of course I read the residents were plenty mad when game and fish wanted a 20% increase a few years ago.

Resident don't deserve cheap hunting on federal lands anymore than any other US citizen. I pay my share of taxes just like everyone else.

Dink

Come out and hunt upland birds with your kids.

Don't you run pointers?

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Missouri has a sales tax for conservation department. They literally have more money than they can spend. They have no need for high tag prices. Residents fund them.

Dink

That sounds like a success story to me, so why don't you stay home and hunt elk where you can afford it?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or trophy mule deer, sheep, bear, antelope, moose, goats and lion .....

Last edited by huntsman22; 05/13/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dink

Your federal taxes don't do squat for the hunting out here, so don't try that old gripe.

The hunters out here are the ones funding game management and habitat improvement.

OK, here's an argument for you. Game animals belong to everyone, right? So, I'll cut a hole in your fence back there where there is little open public land and hunt on anyone's property, since the game also belongs to me. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same as every one of these land threads.
Same disgruntled people, same arguments, same envy.

AFAIK most of Montana became part of the US with the Louisiana purchase in 1803, but damn if DINK and all the rest if these whiners didn't pay for it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Seven0Eight
I always laugh when people complain about tag prices then come to find they own 16 "all-around" rifles

A lot of guys in my neck of the woods that fit this bill. Toss in the new truck every two or three years - same for four wheelers etc.

I look at it differently. Montana doesn't require $50,000 trucks or a safe full of rifles to hunt there. But they do require I buy a $600 deer tag or a $1000 elk combo tag to hunt on land I already paid for.

Even a youth tag is $505.

I live pretty cheap and can afford to pay it but damn...it shouldn't cost me almost $1700 in tags just to take my boys on a public land deer hunt.

Hunting public land should not only be for the wealthy.

Dink

"em this was settled some time ago with the Supreme court ruling the wild animals belonging to the people of the state they reside in. Why do you keep beating a dead horse. You are not paying to hunt public land, but to hunt the animals on that public land. In WY you can't hunt wilderness areas without a guide, so there you might have a point, but not in MT.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These threads are fin hilarious......whiny A$$ out of state hunters crying about what they deserve....
Get real Dink.....you sound like a spoiled rich PRICK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dink

Wrong. If you actually looked at anything, rather than repeating what somebody told you, you misinterpreted it. License revenue represents about 2/3 of the total revenue. Of that license revenue, 2/3 is from nonresident fishing and hunting license sales. To help you out, 2/3 of 2/3 is 4/9, or about 45-50% of the total revenue depending on the year.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1badf350, 260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 270cowboy, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,947
Posts18,519,172
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.