Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Lost here, anybody have a clue as to whether or not this system has any provision for INTERNAL adjustment, or am I stuck with modifying the "turret Mounts ?"

A buddy got the setup from Sarco 3 -4 year ago, no brochure or SFA.
I' helped him today, getting the mounts half azz leveled, and bore sighting for windage than became a snap,....dammit, no shooting today, the scope is needing to come up in the front,(doable, at the threshold of some weird mods),...or down at it's back, which don't look promising at all.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shims?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

The rectangular piece ....
This gizmo seems to...
A.) Focus the scope ?????
B.) damn sure MOVES the vert and horiz. very Germanic three point reticle when you start fooling with it.

As far as I can see, the little "lock screw laying horizontally behind the elevation wheel looks to be simply for locking things down , once dialed in.

1000 Meters ?,....yeah, ...sure.

Okay Guys and Gals, I'm sure that one of you will have a handle on this beast, I sure as hell don't.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GTC, you come up with the coolest schit...

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Greg,

Appears to be a wonder from another time to me. I'd vote for shims, something I've done for more than a few sights over the years. Have a small stock of brass ranging from .003" upward, mostly in increments of .005". Source was the local hobby store for my stash, might find some in a craft store, not certain of that.

The .003" stuff is about as rigid as aluminum foil, which might be another source to consider. It all cuts easy with good scissors.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Aha, attack of the optics forum techno-weenies

If either one of you NASA types can send me over a "shim" at LEAST 1/4 inch thick, I'd be eternally grateful.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 05/19/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
THAT much?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Any and all provision for wind is up to the shooter, from what I can see,....all the windage hoo-ya's in the rear mount itself.

GTC

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Take it out & shoot it...at range.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
THAT much?

WAY way out Sean, at least that much....

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy crap.

All I can figure is someone slapped on mounts that aren't kosher to the rifle.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Looks like the elevation is in the scope, and the windage is in the rear mount.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Buy a Leupold?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Take it out & shoot it...at range.

I'm BORESIGHTING the rifle on fence posts, power poles, and transformers that I've performed the same exercise with at least a coupla' hundred times.

I don't need to "TRY" chit to "see where it's hitting", I KNOW.
where it's going to hit, at this time,....

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Exactomente,

Gracias !

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Exactomente,

Gracias !

GTC

The problem is the mounts are so FUBAR as to render the elevation in the scope useless.

Sorry, GTC, but someone had to state the obvious.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way it was originally done was by filing the rear mount to correct elevation. You won't find shims on actual wartime sniper 98k's.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
MAYBE, JUST MAYBE:

- You loosen the two set screws on the top.

- Then, you rotate either the entire circle, or the "handle" until you've zeroed elev @ 100m.

- The reticle will probably not remain centered, because they move for elevation changes, but that's OK.

- retighten the two set screws on top.

- When you're "on" @ 100m, loosen the set screw and set the ranging dial to the proper spot, then retighten the set screw on the side.

MAYBE

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
MAYBE, JUST MAYBE:

- You loosen the two set screws on the top.

- Then, you rotate either the entire circle, or the "handle" until you've zeroed elev @ 100m.

- The reticle will probably not remain centered, because they move for elevation changes, but that's OK.

- retighten the two set screws on top.

- When you're "on" @ 100m, loosen the set screw and set the ranging dial to the proper spot, then retighten the set screw on the side.

MAYBE

The mounts do INDEED need a little more hand fitting / bedding, and the lower rings will damn sure need lapping,....BUT
I do think that something along the order of what you're suggesting is possible,.....

Danke !

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are those peep through holes under the scope?
How do they align with point of impact?

Interesting puzzle you have there.
Shims are not the answer.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 204guy, 61 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,187
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.