OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
That works.

The Jehovah's Witnesses used to come around here quite regularly until about a hear ago. I'm not sure what scared them off, the Skeptics Annotated Bible in the Parlor, or the Ruger Vaquero on top of it.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/24/16.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dat's mean.

But funny smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Had some stop by yesterday....was nice to them, but told them I, and my family, are saved, and attend our own church weekly. Thanked them for their time and they responded likewise and went on their way.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I resent anyone barging onto my property and prostelitizing their beliefs on me. Be they Mormons ,JWs, or anyone with a religious, political,or moral agenda. I asked the last group what gave them the right to trespass on my property with an agenda that I don't believe in and don't want to hear their ridiculous rationales. One told me he did not see a no trespassing sign. I responded ,"this is Texas, if you are not invited,it is trespassing." How I dealt with the JWs is kind of rotten, but it bought me 20 years of peace. We live in what was a very rural subdivision. Strangers were very noticeable and not a common occurance. I saw the JWs when I returned from running an errand and thought they will not bother me. About 20 or 30 minutes later I saw them walking down my long driveway. I whistled for Greta my champion Rottweiler and told he r to stay at the door. Naturally when the doorbell rang Greta did her Rottweiler thing. I got a firm grip on her collar and opened the door. Needless to say Greta has been gone for 15 years and the JWs have yet to darken my doors. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but that does not give them the right to force their beliefs on others. If what they believe has validity and truth and merit, most people will discover it on their own. Rant over!

It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My wife and daughter are JW's. Nicest people you'll ever meet. If you're not interested in what they have to say, just let them know and they'll be on their way. They are human beings just like you. They are husbands and wives, and fathers and mothers, and sons and daughters of someone. No need to be disrespectful or downright cruel just because you disagree with their message. . .

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
No need to be disrespectful or downright cruel just because you disagree with their message. . .

Quite possibly true but in my personal exp. I've met more downright mean nasty Christians than I care to remember.

If'n ya don't walk their walk and talk their talk you are scum.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not faulting them for what THEY BELIEVE but the way they deliver it that is the sticking point.

Had a few that came here whenever they had some new folks out and about.
Talked with him for a while and told him every time that i had other ideas and was not going to change.

Come to think of it have seen them around town but not on the farm in years.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
No need to be disrespectful or downright cruel just because you disagree with their message. . .

Quite possibly true but in my personal exp. I've met more downright mean nasty Christians than I care to remember.

It's been just the opposite for me. The atheists have usually been very rude,excluding a few on here. I think it's just the person rather than their beliefs, rude abounds everywhere.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Porsche73
I resent anyone barging onto my property and prostelitizing their beliefs on me. Be they Mormons ,JWs, or anyone with a religious, political,or moral agenda. I asked the last group what gave them the right to trespass on my property with an agenda that I don't believe in and don't want to hear their ridiculous rationales. One told me he did not see a no trespassing sign. I responded ,"this is Texas, if you are not invited,it is trespassing." How I dealt with the JWs is kind of rotten, but it bought me 20 years of peace. We live in what was a very rural subdivision. Strangers were very noticeable and not a common occurance. I saw the JWs when I returned from running an errand and thought they will not bother me. About 20 or 30 minutes later I saw them walking down my long driveway. I whistled for Greta my champion Rottweiler and told he r to stay at the door. Naturally when the doorbell rang Greta did her Rottweiler thing. I got a firm grip on her collar and opened the door. Needless to say Greta has been gone for 15 years and the JWs have yet to darken my doors. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but that does not give them the right to force their beliefs on others. If what they believe has validity and truth and merit, most people will discover it on their own. Rant over!

ImalmostgladIcantreadtheparagraph?above....almost

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

It's been just the opposite for me. The atheists have usually been very rude,excluding a few on here. I think it's just the person rather than their beliefs, rude abounds everywhere.

Religion often serves as a big Rorschach Test. People see in it what they choose.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I agree 100%. That's why I like JW's, they aren't self righteous Sunday Christians and they aren't Judgmental. Unlike many of those self righteous "born again" types with one eye on your wallet and the other on your wife.

My brother is one of those guys and attends his church every Sunday the first and last thing they do when you go there is pass a plate around. I wouldn't trust his pony tailed hippy pastor any further than I could throw him. They hate the JW's and disparage them openly. I've never heard a JW on the other hand disparage other religions with such disrespect and contempt.

Like I said, my wife is a JW and never once in the 25 years or so she's been one, have they asked us for a dime. All contributions are made privately and on an individual basis. I'm not a religious person and wasn't very happy when she began studying with them but after a while I became very impressed by their Christian like demeanor. They walk the walk and talk the talk. Way more than I can say for a lot of the other so called "Christian" religions I've been around. . .

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've met more downright mean nasty Christians than I care to remember.

Anyone remember "Christ At The Campfire" ?

The bible thumpers really showed their true colors causing it to be removed from the board.

My neighbor lady reads her bible for 13 hours a day and hates the world.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Reply to Bubbajay. Typing is not my forte. I never learned the proper skills. Mea culpa mea culpa. Porsche 73

It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
worse than telemarketers on the phone.
These arseholes come knocking on the door.

Fugkin carpetbaggers.

If I wanted your product I'd find YOU!
Don't ever seek me out. I'll sic the dogs on ya.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have discovered if you don't want them to come back start sharing the Whole Gospel with them. The last one who came to my house came on purpose. My house is a thousand feet from the highway and behind another place. After the hellos he said,
"I'm not here to persuade you...."
"You know that's not true," I corrected with a smile, "God's Word tells us, 'Knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men,'" .
He smiled and we talked for about half hour.

None ever came by again.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will disagree with some here about their intentions. If you even listen to their message for a minute, they will be back again, and again, and again. I just don't appreciate what amounts to religious harassment. I tried to hear them out one time when I still lived with my folks and they pestered us all most weekly for months. Dad being the redneck that he was, answered the door with a Colt on his belt and a bull whip in his hand. They quickly got the message. That crazy German bastard was not to be messed with.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Porsche73
Reply to Bubbajay. Typing is not my forte. I never learned the proper skills. Mea culpa mea culpa. Porsche 73

I took a cheap shot, and shouldn't have, I am sorry for it. Please accept my apology.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are usually out and about in my neighborhood on Saturday mornings. I'd spoken with a few of the older ladies from time to time and they're always nice. Several years ago on a nice Fall Saturday morning, I had just gotten home from hunting and saw the J.W.'s a few doors down, an older man and woman and a teenage girl of about 15. I carried my gun and gear into the house and as I came back out, they started into the yard and the man said "Sir, may we speak with you a minute?" as I put my hand on the latch of the tailgate of the truck. I said "Sure, I'm a little busy but ya'll are welcome to come back here and talk while I work." I pulled the tailgate down, grabbed the spike of the cow horn buck in the back of the truck and pulled him out onto the ground. Naturally, his tongue popped out and blood splattered the ground. The girl screamed and I swear that poor black girl turned white. The lady said "Maybe we better come back another time." I said "Stick around and I'll give you some meat." They quickly found interest elsewhere but a week later I saw them again and the gentleman spoke to me as they walked to their car and said "Got any of that deer meat left?" I said "Hold that thought!" I came in the house and bagged him two packages of vacuum sealed backstrap. You'd have thought I'd have given him a bag of gold! Nice folks and we've spoken several times but strangely enough, never about religion...

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cool post SCGN and thank you for sharing.

One of our local "evangelists" enjoys camping on our property with his son and it took a little doing to get him "unreved up"

Now we just talk and enjoy what nature has provided.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,864 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.