Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I agree, which is why I'm surprised there isn't more empathy on the 'Fire for Syrian refugees and Muslims in general.

It wasn't their fault their country is a shiet hole. We are saving a bunch of them from hitting ROCK BOTTOM.

Is it a Muslim's fault that they were born Muslim, taught to hate infidels? I'm guessing a bunch of suicide bombers had also hit ROCK BOTTOM, just like this girl.

We'll send a few your way and you can show us how to make them disavow Islam and become assets to our society instead of security threats.

Also, dipshiet, why don't you quote the WHOLE of that. My response was to another post that I quoted and it explains my response.

The hypocrites on the 'Fire are FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I've considered several points that you could be making, but all of them are stupid.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
22 years old

there was alot of life left to live.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by KFWA
22 years old

Apparently not

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
"I am a firm believer in capitalism, but as far as pharmaceutical industry goes, profits have always trumped any long term side affects to our society as a whole imo"

Gottcha, the above CLEARLY states it's the individual user.

Not at all, but I guess it's just in my nature that when I see a dead possum in the road, to not somehow think it got run over by a car....

edited to add:....

Also, dipshiet, why don't you quote the WHOLE of that. My response was to another post that I quoted and it explains my response.
The hypocrites on the 'Fire are FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY

I could suggest the same. Here is the whole paragraph as I
stated it....

Originally Posted by tndrbstr
The proliferation of prescribed anti depressants into our society are just as bad or worse.
I am a firm believer in capitalism, but as far as the pharmaceutical industry goes, profits have always trumped any long term side affects to our society as a whole imo.

Last edited by tndrbstr; 06/21/16.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by EdM
Useless POS is dead. Who really cares here?

Could be your kid. It happens in the blink of an eye.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I've found drug use doesn't usually cause a person to hit rock bottom.

It just gets them there faster.

Dave

That's actually a good point and something to ponder.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Sunday afternoon a good friend of my sons OD and died. He was 22 and came from a good family. Played sports and graduated from high school and had been attending college. Was having some drug and alcohol issues and had moved back home to get some help. It can happen to anyone anytime. What you don't think will harm you will grab you by the throat and not let you go until it has snuffed the life out of you.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
22 years old

Apparently, there wasn't. She didn't want there to be. but it was a choice she made, nobody else.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by EdM
Useless POS is dead. Who really cares here?

Could be your kid. It happens in the blink of an eye.

Maybe, but it takes a lot longer than the blink of an eye. By the time they get that far, they have adversely affected countless lives, and are no longer the person that their loved ones knew.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by ldholton
What gets me with all the knowledge of where a "drug life" will lead , how is anyone stupid enough to get started in the first place ?

Usually is young people who have been the victim of sexual abuse, a dysfunctional home life, abusive parents, etc. People use drugs to change the way they feel.

No, most of the bad junkies I saw weren't the abused, or from bad homes. They were the "poor me, I didn't get a trophy, my mommy and daddy will make any trouble I get into go away" "entitled" youth

We currently have a local issue with a young teacher who was finally suspended from her job after several heroine charges, her daddy is the super intend any of the district and has pulled strings in the district she works in... but this time she's out of her league, she was at a party with a guy who od'd in her presence and instead of calling help, just let him die.

I can feel bad for the girl in the OPS family, but I have no sympathy for drug addicts

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Some of the comments here are sadly, a lot like reading the last page of a book and then writing a book report on the story.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My understanding is that the quality, e.g. strength of heroin available on American, Canadian, and European streets has NEVER been stronger, and that the stuff's never been cheaper.

"Free Trade Agreements" ....anybody ?

"Help the poor Afghani Farmers" ...anybody ?

too many letters made an IMPORTANT point,...and our entire approach to DARE needs to change, muy pronto.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Greg it isn't the strength or quality so much as what it's being cut with

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Its kind of telling, when a man sees a lost puppy wondering the street most of us would stop and try and help it, yet when the lost one is a strangers child we turn a blind eye.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jimy
Its kind of telling, when a man sees a lost puppy wondering the street most of us would stop and try and help it, yet when the lost one is a strangers child we turn a blind eye.

How do you props we help those that don't want help?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I hear now that these idiots have found out how to make fantanyl (sp?) at home, much like meth.

Fantanyl
High risk for addiction and dependence. Can cause respiratory distress and death when taken in high doses or when combined with other substances, especially alcohol

Last edited by jimy; 06/22/16. Reason: added a link

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I really don't know, but ignoring them, usually ends the same for the puppy and the child.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No,.....

The POINT is is that it's not being "cut" with milk powder it's PURER in quality / STRONGER.

ODs are right through the roof, in consequence.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

And that will steal from you the minute you turn your head?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,118
Posts18,522,864
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.