Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I can respect that you too can't worry about everything. Like everyone else, you have to pick your issues to deal with.

There's only one of you, only 24 hours in a day and only so many days in your life.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by BarryC
I, like you, am a finite being. Isn't there something else *you* could be worrying about?

Poking fun at overbearing zealots seem like fun this week.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Frankly, this isn't necessarily a Biblical issue. Even an Atheist such as yourself could look at the numbers from studies like this and conclude that there's a problem with the behavior.

Barry,

Of course it's a less the optimum condition. The question is are you justified in imposing your bronze age belief system upon those in this condition.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Barry,

Of course it's a less the optimum condition. The question is are you justified in imposing your bronze age belief system upon those in this condition.

I don't think medical facts have much to do with "bronze age belief systems".
What about my "bronze age belief system" is different from what you believe your average Atheist would do? Aren't there any Atheist doctors? EMTs? Don't any Atheists give to charity? Any of them teach?

I understand that Atheists generally don't like being charitable, but not all of them are that way.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Barry,

What about my "bronze age belief system" is different from what you believe your average Atheist would do? Aren't there any Atheist doctors? EMTs? Don't any Atheists give to charity? Any of them teach?

I understand that Atheists generally don't like being charitable, but not all of them are that way.

What? You playing 'follow the red herring' now?

Or are you saying that *your* charity comes with antibuggering strings?

Never mind. Easy to see what *fascinates* you.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by quote
Even an Atheist such as yourself could look at the numbers from studies like this and conclude that there's a problem with the behavior.

No doubt.
But then, the behavior of fat people do too. Even a few of them on this forum.
Why not make gluttony your crusade? Bible sez that is a sin too.
Why single out buttsex and rainbow thongs? You might also consider supersized oral gratification.

People who profess to be Christians that hold up a cherry-picked sin higher than all of the others 'never do' list all of the other sins and 'abominations' on the list that the God of the Bible finds equally offensive. There's 2 kinds of adultery in the Bible. There's outright adultery, and there's adultery caused by divorce. Divorce is very prevalent in our society, even among those who profess to be Christians. Divorce is certainly a lot more prevalent than homosexuals are. And divorce has certainly damaged more lives than homosexuality has. Wonder if 'any' of those who profess to be Christians and are vehemently condemning homosexuality for Biblical reasons have ever been divorced themselves, or have loved ones that have been divorced...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by GunReader
The claim that homosexuality is an innate, biological difference was a political tactic that was knowingly promoted by the LGBT community in the '70s so that they could receive affirmation and minority recognition instead of counseling.

For a variety of reasons (none of which included my orientation) I had many homosexual friends during my college years. Every one that I got to know well enough had some identifiable cause that resulted in this psychological reaction, to the point that I could not concur with the idea that it was an innate biological condition. Nothing I have seen since then has changed my impression of that.

Personally, I don't particularly care how people pursue love or get their rocks off, but I am tired of homosexuality as a political cause - it is hollow. The frequent need of gays to rub the public's "face" in their choice of behaviors by parades, banners, lewd public behavior and so on is just another expression of the inner conflict they feel over this choice.

That is exactly my experience with the LBGT crowd too. I agree with you fully. The only exception that I ever saw was in a drag queen club in Washington DC. There was a guy there that could have given Refrigerator girl a run for her money. I suspect that he was probably a hermaphrodite, because he was female in ever aspect except for his crotch package.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Allen917
The only exception that I ever saw was in a drag queen club in Washington DC. There was a guy there that could have given Refrigerator girl a run for her money. I suspect that he was probably a hermaphrodite, because he was female in ever aspect except for his crotch package.

uh oh.

A member with an overactive gaydar is going to come on the thread and ask what you were doing in a gay bar in DC looking at some guy's package.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Barry,

Barry,

The difference is I don't believe being gay is the equivalent of having a sunken chest wound and that I have a mandate from the creator of the universe to "fix them". Consequently I have a more measured view.

Mild prostate cancer can be very survivable for a long time. If an ancient belief system causes you to think everyone with prostate cancer is doomed to a eternity of fiery torture it might cause you to kill the patient with an overly aggressive regime of chemo, radiation, and surgery, when it could of been amply controlled with radioactive seeds.

This is one of the biggest problems with extreme religious views, it doesn't allow people to see nuance. Rob demonstrates this above where he goes out of his way to deny the biological influences on sexual preference because what his religion has proclaimed sin would then be the fault of his god, thus preventing a rational discussion of one of the significant variables in this equation.

Earlier you mentioned "helping" gay people. What's your proposed method of help? Praying away the gay? Forces conversion "therapy", life in solitary (because lots of butt sex occurs in prision) stoning to death?

How do you propose to "help" them?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The only exception that I ever saw was in a drag queen club in Washington DC. There was a guy there that could have given Refrigerator girl a run for her money. I suspect that he was probably a hermaphrodite, because he was female in ever aspect except for his crotch package.

uh oh.

Some member with an overactive gaydar is going to come on the thread and ask what you were doing in a gay bar in DC looking at some guy's package.

Whenever something like this comes up I just naturally assume they were on the grog with 'flave.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JSTUART

uh oh.

Some member with an overactive gaydar is going to come on the thread and ask what you were doing in a gay bar in DC looking at some guy's package.

Whenever something like this comes up I just naturally assume they were on the grog with 'flave.

Reminds me of 'flave saying that lesbians are just regular girls + a sixer of 40 ozers . Might apply to some guys too.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Barry,

The difference is I don't believe being gay is the equivalent of having a sunken chest wound and that I have a mandate from the creator of the universe to "fix them". Consequently I have a more measured view.

Mild prostate cancer can be very survivable for a long time. If an ancient belief system causes you to think everyone with prostate cancer is doomed to a eternity of fiery torture it might cause you to kill the patient with an overly aggressive regime of chemo, radiation, and surgery, when it could of been amply controlled with radioactive seeds.

This is one of the biggest problems with extreme religious views, it doesn't allow people to see nuance. Rob demonstrates this above where he goes out of his way to deny the biological influences on sexual preference because what his religion has proclaimed sin would then be the fault of his god, thus preventing a rational discussion of one of the significant variables in this equation.

Earlier you mentioned "helping" gay people. What's your proposed method of help? Praying away the gay? Forces conversion "therapy", life in solitary (because lots of butt sex occurs in prision) stoning to death?

How do you propose to "help" them?

"Measured"? "Nuance"?

Careful my friend. That is the vocabulary of bleeding heart liberals. wink

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GunReader
The claim that homosexuality is an innate, biological difference was a political tactic that was knowingly promoted by the LGBT community in the '70s so that they could receive affirmation and minority recognition instead of counseling.

For a variety of reasons (none of which included my orientation) I had many homosexual friends during my college years. Every one that I got to know well enough had some identifiable cause that resulted in this psychological reaction, to the point that I could not concur with the idea that it was an innate biological condition. Nothing I have seen since then has changed my impression of that.

Personally, I don't particularly care how people pursue love or get their rocks off, but I am tired of homosexuality as a political cause - it is hollow. The frequent need of gays to rub the public's "face" in their choice of behaviors by parades, banners, lewd public behavior and so on is just another expression of the inner conflict they feel over this choice.

That is exactly my experience with the LBGT crowd too. I agree with you fully. The only exception that I ever saw was in a drag queen club in Washington DC. There was a guy there that could have given Refrigerator girl a run for her money. I suspect that he was probably a hermaphrodite, because he was female in ever aspect except for his crotch package.

Allen,

I believe the evidence indicates sexual preference is not and ON/OFF switch but more of a continuum, a dial from zero to 100. When you encounter someone along way down the gay scale, it can be easy to quickly pick them out, even when the dress and act normal, voice, effeminate body movements, and even body odor can be a dead giveaway. Some are not that glaring, and perhaps they could go either way. The wrong influence at the wrong time, the man in authority, such as a priest, mentioned above, and their future preferences are greatly affected. Others will never show any interest in same sex relations and cannot imagine anyone not preferring the fine female form.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Far be it or me to point the finger, but there have been times when I have sat on the toilet with my eyes watering and my nose streaming from the stench...God know why anyone would go near that voluntarily.

But, each to their own.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Far be it or me to point the finger, but there have been times when I have sat on the toilet with my eyes watering and my nose streaming from the stench...God know why anyone would go near that voluntarily.

But, each to their own.

Unless you are this girl:

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

But, each to their own.

Even if the orifice of discussion belongs to this?

[Linked Image]

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What kind of grapes are those I wonder?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 673
What kind of grapes are those I wonder?

You failed the gay test. laugh

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think/know the gays are running the beauty pagents these days because I saw a contestant on CNN the other day.
She/it is the 1st openly gay contestant, she/it wasn't good looking at all, thats why I dont remember the contest, the adams apple on a woman really turns me off.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If LGBT is a high health risk group, will they have to pay higher insurance premiums?

Be not weary in well doing.
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 75 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,969
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.