Hop To
Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Owl

Kent, please call me when you have a minute. Maybe we could travel together. I'm going to be pulling a trailer also. Could be of help to each other in case of some sort of road trouble like a flat tire. 480-720-7908.

Jeff

Sounds good, I plan on leaving around 9am to get up there and setup at a decent time. Also I go through Payson, I won't pull my trailer through Salt river canyon.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Ben, you want to shoot my 204 Ruger you won the P D shoot with last time I came? I think you were the last one to shoot it since I haven't been to a dog town since.

I'll bring it and some ammo.
Gene, thanks for thinking of me. If you're OK with that, I will do it. The rifle and loads that I have been trying to get to shoot aren't cooperating for me. Besides, I don't think that I have ever won a shoot with one of my rifles--just yours and Paul's. grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Done deal. If I shoot at all it will be with my 244 A I.

We have had a 30-40 mph South wind - night and day - for about a week. No chance to check zero on anything.

And a nice cross wind for at least the first 200 miles of our trip. It should change once we get up on the Caprock. Probably be a West [headwind] then. grin

Hopefully we'll get there in time Friday for me to make a pot of chili so folks will appreciate Joe's.

BTW...... It was just confirmed that Peggy's lifelong girlfriend will be with us. We are bringing breakfast stuff and a few fish so it won't impact the grocery list. I'll throw a few bucks in the kitty to help offset the other meals.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK... Trying to get a head count for Thursday morning's breakfast.

I know that some may already be there and not have access to a computer or smart phone.

Just want to make sure that I have enough to feed everyone.

Paul, maybe you could get a head count for me tomorrow of those that are already there, or due to arrive tomorrow.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jeff - I'll be busy watching for Gene and his two girlfriends to arrive and making sure they get settled - but will try to determine the early arrival count by Wed eve. I'll try to call it to you if you PM your phone number.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Paul,

I'm leaving here tomorrow morning at 9:00am.

Kent and I will be caravaning together. I'll just cook up what I have. I'm SURE that no on will leave the breakfast table hungry.

Have you given any thoughts to the pulleys ?

Two are them are approximately 10-12" in diameter. The other one is probably about 6". I can grab them, and bring along if you think that you can use them.

The look something like this:

[b][color:#3333FF]Large Pulley Picture >>>-----------------> Click here. [/color][/b]

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hi Jeff. Thanks - I did think about your pulleys - have some big ones here as well. We will be a using smaller/lighter pulley to best fit this purpose - line is likely to be 1/4 inch dia. at most (I hope). Thanks again.

OK - you are leaving Wed AM - I'll fire up something and drive over to AS this evening to see what I can learn about Thurs AM count.

Last edited by CCCC; 07/12/16.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm still hoping to come. I may only get to bring one kid and maybe a buddy. If we do, we'll probably have to leave late Friday afternoon, roll in late and roll out some bags in the truck - set up a tent for Saturday.

Erik

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Jeff - I'll be busy watching for Gene and his two girlfriends to arrive and making sure they get settled - but will try to determine the early arrival count by Wed eve. I'll try to call it to you if you PM your phone number.

We won't arrive until Thursday evening, Paul. We will bring some breakfast stuff to throw in the pile.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Erik - I hope that you can get here and do believe that you and your son(s) will enjoy this group - some of the very best folks on the 'Fire. Unless you arrive in the wee hours, most likely there will be someone awake to welcome you - and will help you set up your tent right then. We have lots of lights and willing hands.

From the junction of I25 and I40 in Alb, if you drive the I25/US60/NM32 route at about 5mph over the limit, it will take about 3 hours 15 minutes to camp. That is better roadway. If you drive the I40/NM117/NM36/NM32 route you may shave 20 minutes off the drive, but experience a more significant chance of having elk on the road.

So, when you know, tell us your ETA - maybe I will stay up late.

If you pull in really late/wee hours and all you can hear is deafening snoring accompanied by the random elk, wolf and coyote sounds, you have a choice to make. Either park somewhere to the right of the road until morning and bag it in the truck, or blow your horn and see who/if any rise to greet and help.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We are settled in for to might in Gallop and will be there tomorrow. Tough trip today, winds beat us up.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll be leaving tomorrow before noon and should make it to Quemado late Thursday. I most likely won't be to camp until Friday morning.

If anyone knows of anything that still needs to be added to the grub box, let me know and I'll bring it.

See you guys there.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All you need to do David is show how to shoot a $0.25 piece in the air with your pistol.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'll bring the Stingers, you bring the two bit pieces.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Not going to make it this time around. Supposed to get water for the hay either Friday or Saturday.

See you all in Arizona next year.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry to hear that Ken.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sorry about that, Ken.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup,it happens.

Was looking forward to harassing Bob,Scott,Joe,Paul,Kent,David,Blue and others.

Was wanting to shoot the .470 NE and .416 Howell,next time.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken, we will miss you. Stay cool! grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Will miss you all also!

Yeah,it's 101* right now,would rather be in the mountains. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,639
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.