Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Lizard Island, Australia. My wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary with dinner on the beach. Oysters, kangaroo, cheese souffle, mussels and lentils, beef fillets. Dessert was a cheese plate, igloos with coconut sorbet and chocolate fondant.

The above was pretty elaborate, though I must say that everything I ate during 2 trips to Namibia was much simpler, but just as good.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cyprus has fish taverns. Go...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Swordfish dinner at Praia, Terceira Island, Azores.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pork souvlaki, with beer, in Athens.

The beer was nothing to write home about, but then, neither was the souvlaki.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pizza Margherita in Venice, Italy served with a side of salted anchovies and a nice red.

Americans First!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A lamb roasted over an open fire in Argentina last year at Jurassic Lake was special...

An evening at a Taiwanese shrimp "fishing" place where you pay by the hour to "fish" for farmed shrimp... and they grill them and serve to your order.

The shrimp were nothing even close to special, but the whole experience was.

An oil-rig camp off the Beaufort Sea coast with a nearly unlimited grub budget laid down some mighty fine food on a regular basis...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's hard to top genuine Kobe beef, but I have to say that the BEST meal I ever had was kid goat roasted over mesquite just across the Rio Grande in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

Cabrito, rice, tortillas, and a pitcher of tequila sours all for about $5.

Cabrito is my all-time, runaway, favorite meat after that one meal - and has been for half a century now.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Giordano's pizza, Chicago...That's not the US, right?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Swordfish dinner at Praia, Terceira Island, Azores.

It is a small world. I have had swordfish in the Azores as well.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Crazy Sheep, a hole-in-the-wall restaurant downtown Rome.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can provide all the Kudu you desire cooked and served to perfection in my lodge. Just Email or PM me.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
My first time in France many years ago. Spent two weeks there and can't say I had an acquired taste for French food, then I went down to Marseille. Best meal ever....Bouillabaisse in a little restaurant right on the water where the local fishermen bring in their daily catch. I have since tried Bouillabaisse in many places around the world....but nothing has compared since.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJHACK
I can provide all the Kudu you desire cooked and served to perfection in my lodge. Just Email or PM me.
Cool, I'd like to try Kudu.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A simple plate of sausages and potato salad at the Augustiner Grossgastatte in Munich. Not so much because of the food, which was very good, but because of location, circumstances, and company.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It's hard to top genuine Kobe beef, but I have to say that the BEST meal I ever had was kid goat roasted over mesquite just across the Rio Grande in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

Cabrito, rice, tortillas, and a pitcher of tequila sours all for about $5.

Cabrito is my all-time, runaway, favorite meat after that one meal - and has been for half a century now.

Out of respect for you i won't tell the two residents of my back yard of your barbarian taste buds.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Granted I've eaten in Mexico and it was good. And in Canada quite often, it was good too. And when I was young, we were in Europe here and there for a couple of weeks, I have not come away from any of them with anything that was just unforgettable. But then again I often consider food to be just a need.

That said relatives in BC served the first ever moose roast I'd had, I've been a sucker for moose ever since. And the first pirogi's I'd ever had and those rated fairly high.

Of course my tastes are pretty mundane, but I'll take fried catfish, halibut tacos, fried halibut, baked salmon, home made buttered noodles, cabbage and corn off the pit and so on over most anything most any day.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bacon wrapped mystery dogs tijuana mex. 4am any sat or sun morning while stiil drunk and pre puke.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had some beef tenderloin with demi glace and some sort of pastry with potatoes and wild mushrooms in it, in the Hell-hole of the Pacific, was probably the best meal in a restaurant.

The grass fed beef in NZ tops anything I've had in the U.S., and the lamb....

I'm envious of those who've eaten the African antelope at the source.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
While living on my sailboat off of the Great Barrier reef we caught a 50 pound Bluefin tuna and invited a bunch of other yachties to a small island for a feast. Every boat brought something fresh caught.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The most memorable for me was actually on a dive trip in Thailand. We dove twice in the morning, anchored off a small island and waded ashore to an open air market / kitchen. I picked out what I wanted and they cooked it while we watched. We all sat at long tables feasting, and enjoying ourselves 30 yards from the water.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (1234, 1badf350, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 49 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,249
Posts18,504,670
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.