Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by DINK
Kevin how many rounds you got through your new hi power?

Dink
I've only had it for a few weeks, and I really don't carry it yet, so only a couple hundred.

And Dink, I get that you shoot a lot. But you seem to think that anyone who doesn't CURRENTLY shoot as much as you do, just doesn't understand what you do about guns. I can pukkin-A guarantee you this, if you keep it up at your current levels, you'll start to catch up to me in about 10 years.

I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to because mostly I don't have to. I can get VERY high quality training at the range in under 100 rounds*...but I guess you require about 1,000 rounds per session to walk away with anything meaningful. I can still pull off an El Presidente in the mid to low 6's, and I can hit a milk jug at 150 yards off hand damn near every shot; so I'm eeking by...just barely.

But your hyperbole that you spew just doesn't match up with reality. 90% of this thread is flat rejection of your statements, yet you persist to tell us all that our experiences aren't really happening.

So either you live in some alternate dimension, have the worst freaking luck on Earth, or your statements are just WAAY overblown.

I know a thing or two about pushing handguns hard, I've been doing it for just over 30 years; how long you been doing it?

*that doesn't mean I only shoot 100 rounds each range session.

Lol.....quality training in 100 rounds or less. The only way that happens is if you shoot 100 rounds a day everyday.

If I shot less than 100 rounds at a time and shot a pistol 2 to 4 times a year like most people I could throw my chest out and say my 1911 run 100% for years and years. That is the issue. If a gun malfunctions on round 998 and it takes you three decades to get there your gun ran 100% for a long time. When in reality your gun wasn't very reliable.

You must be a handgun master. 150 yard milk jug shots almost every shot...wow.

I shoot more now than I ever have yet am not near the shot I was in my twentys. I guess it's that age thing....good thing it didn't affect you.

I been a shooter since I could a gun. To answer your question I started shooting bowling pin matches more than 20 years ago.

What's a couple hundred rounds? 200? 600? It seems whenever I ask that question it's always a "couple hundred"....
Dink

Last edited by DINK; 07/22/16.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Here we go again.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
This thread has not helped me at all. I am still undecided on the 1911 reliability. Thirty six of them in my vault and number thirty seven will be here next Monday or Tuesday.

I hope it goes BANG like the others.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You know....

You can love a Glock without hating a 1911.

Or vice versa.

Except you can hate a bad trigger.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DINK
Lol.....quality training in 100 rounds or less. The only way that happens is if you shoot 100 rounds a day everyday.

That's as crazy as anything else posted on this thread.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Wish I would have read this thread before I got one.

Hopefully it will go off at least 50% of the time.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SLM
Wish I would have read this thread before I got one.

Hopefully it will go off at least 50% of the time.

SLM, your ph...ucked.

I will take it off you hands.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gibby
You know....

You can love a Glock without hating a 1911.

Or vice versa.

Glocks don't have bad triggers

Except you can hate a bad trigger.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Comparatively speaking

They sure do. Not even close.

For defense, no big deal. But in all other respects. They suck.

Their safeties are in the wrong place also.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My wife found another good use for her G19.

When she has her wheelbarrow I bought her for our 25th anniversary, parked on a hill. She uses it for a wheel chock.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here we go again.

Brother ain't that the truth!!!! This thread started with the OP saying he had problems with 1911's. Several posters offered possible solutions to them. These solutions are universal and well known to those who are knowledgeable handgun shooters and you can't count yourself as one if you don't know and understand the 1911 pistol. The OP refused the offered solutions although he never offered a valid reason for doing that. Maybe he is not capable of following them, or that he is too lazy to do them. If so, he never said that. He just said he found the 1911 to be a POS and he would not carry one. This always causes me to ask, if the guy has a problem but won't accept offered solutions, WTF did he ask the question for unless he just wanted to start a pissing contest?

Then we can always count on the trolls jumping in. They of course, don't know a dam thing about a 1911 other than to identify it three times out of five when they see one. These guys love one liners. That is usually because their attention span will not allow them to make anything other than a one liner remark. These knuckleheads don't have anything constructive to offer to the discussion, but they jump in with some off the wall crap that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the original issue of the thread. Their sole purpose is to divert the discussion away from the subject and start a pissing contest.

The worst of that type is the guy who deliberately takes a comment out of context and then tries to make the thread about how smart his is to catch what he claims is a misstatement and thus prove that he knows more than the guy who made the statement. He does that willfully, deliberately, with malice and forethought for no other reason than to have something to say about a subject on which he has absolutely no knowledge. These guys are a real pain in the azz and there are a lot of them on the Camp Fire. Most of us know who they are. I always love it when Sarge, or Sean (4 Ager), or one of the other guys here who know their stuff and are plain spoken, no PC, no BS kind of guys comes in and puts the silly bastards in their place.

It would make the Camp Fire a lot more useful if those who don't know anything about the subject of the thread would just read and not make comments, but it wouldn't be the Internet if that happened. The Internet gives equal opportunity to those who are complete dumb asses to show everyone just how fcuking dumb they are. This thread has given them a chance to do that, and they have taken full advantage of the opportunity.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/23/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Comparatively speaking

They sure do. Not even close.

For defense, no big deal. But in all other respects. They suck.

Their safeties are in the wrong place also.

You're wrong, again.

If you can't accurately shoot a glock. The fault lies in you, not the uquipment.

The adage of...the gun doesn't fit me, or the trigger is terrible are simply scape goats and excuses for the shooters own failings

Last edited by gitem_12; 07/23/16.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you need to carry a gun with a manual safety, maybe you shouldn't be carrying one at all?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And the trolls just keep on and on and on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aaaaarrrggggg!!!! I'm angry!!!!

If I don't like what you say, you must be trolling!!!!!

And after 413 responses the conversation should not have drifted away from the original question!!!!

Except when I get mad that you're not answering the original question and gripe about that, thus not answering the original question....Then it's OK!!!!!!!

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggg!!!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BobWills
The Internet gives equal opportunity to those who are complete dumb asses to show everyone just how fcuking dumb they are. This thread has given them a chance to do that, and they have taken full advantage of the opportunity.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/23/16.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Explain how we are trolls

is it because we stuffed your ass with your own thoughts?

Last edited by gitem_12; 07/23/16.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Aaaaarrrggggg!!!! I'm angry!!!!

If I don't like what you say, you must be trolling!!!!!

And after 413 responses the conversation should not have drifted away from the original question!!!!

Except when I get mad that you're not answering the original question and gripe about that, thus not answering the original question....Then it's OK!!!!!!!

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggg!!!!!
Careful. Don't turn into The Hulk.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please refrain from posting an off topic response to my off topic post.

We're trying to keep this on track. Two weeks ago a guy who hates 1911s griped about them. We should be focusing all of our energy on fixing his gun and / or telling him how wrong he is about his gun. Over and over and over again.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jeeez, I even had to go read the first post to see what it was about.

Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.