Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by DINK
Kevin how many rounds you got through your new hi power?

Dink
I've only had it for a few weeks, and I really don't carry it yet, so only a couple hundred.

And Dink, I get that you shoot a lot. But you seem to think that anyone who doesn't CURRENTLY shoot as much as you do, just doesn't understand what you do about guns. I can pukkin-A guarantee you this, if you keep it up at your current levels, you'll start to catch up to me in about 10 years.

I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to because mostly I don't have to. I can get VERY high quality training at the range in under 100 rounds*...but I guess you require about 1,000 rounds per session to walk away with anything meaningful. I can still pull off an El Presidente in the mid to low 6's, and I can hit a milk jug at 150 yards off hand damn near every shot; so I'm eeking by...just barely.

But your hyperbole that you spew just doesn't match up with reality. 90% of this thread is flat rejection of your statements, yet you persist to tell us all that our experiences aren't really happening.

So either you live in some alternate dimension, have the worst freaking luck on Earth, or your statements are just WAAY overblown.

I know a thing or two about pushing handguns hard, I've been doing it for just over 30 years; how long you been doing it?

*that doesn't mean I only shoot 100 rounds each range session.

Lol.....quality training in 100 rounds or less. The only way that happens is if you shoot 100 rounds a day everyday.

If I shot less than 100 rounds at a time and shot a pistol 2 to 4 times a year like most people I could throw my chest out and say my 1911 run 100% for years and years. That is the issue. If a gun malfunctions on round 998 and it takes you three decades to get there your gun ran 100% for a long time. When in reality your gun wasn't very reliable.

You must be a handgun master. 150 yard milk jug shots almost every shot...wow.

I shoot more now than I ever have yet am not near the shot I was in my twentys. I guess it's that age thing....good thing it didn't affect you.

I been a shooter since I could a gun. To answer your question I started shooting bowling pin matches more than 20 years ago.

What's a couple hundred rounds? 200? 600? It seems whenever I ask that question it's always a "couple hundred"....
Dink

Last edited by DINK; 07/22/16.