All I know is, I went years and years with no malfunctions in several various Colts over the years, during IPSC shooting, practice for IPSC shooting, or other endeavors. I've never forgotten that some do NOT work, mine always did, though. I also spent a LOT of time ROing matches, and saw a lot of gun problems from other shooters.

I've also seen issues with Glocks, Tanfoglios, even the odd Beretta that showed up from time to time. Crap happens with them ALL. Just about anything that is manufactured by man can crap out. None of MINE ever did, but I'm pretty good at loading ammo that works, too.
So far, though it's only had 100 rounds thru it, my new police trade-in S&W M&P is working pretty good. No malfunctions, but what would you expect out of it with ball 9mm ammo, anyway? I gave it every chance to work flawlessly, and it did.
Some folks won't do that, (give it a chance to work right), or they want it to fail, and do everything they can to make it do so. It seems like that's what the troll is after, finding flaws. I'd rather find the good points and expand on 'em.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.