Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The adage of...the gun doesn't fit me, or the trigger is terrible are simply scape goats and excuses for the shooters own failings

I'll give you half that. An accomplished handgunner can adapt to about anything and yes, we should all strive to become accomplished handgunners.

When I started in LE they shoved a gun across the supply counter at you. You By Gawd qualified with it or your paycheck was in jeopardy. In 10 or so years of attending those events I learned that 80+% will not shoot well with a sidearm they dislike, is a poor fit for them or is otherwise difficult for them to use. They'll qualify a the low end of the scale, but they never acclimate to the gun. When I finally got in a position to write those policies, they were liberal by comparison and you could choose from a broad spectrum of approved sidearms, provided you furnished the gun. I can think of about a dozen officers who became shooters instead of 'qualifiers' because of it.

The public is under no such limitations and with today's myriad of excellent choices, there is no good reason to have a pistol that doesn't fit you.

Pistol fit is as real as a smurf

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell