I hear you Big Nate. I was recently reading various reports on the Internet about a guy in Texas driving his 2007 Toyota Tundra truck a million miles. One of the stories is here -->> http://www.trucktrend.com/features/1607-toyota-buys-victor-sheppards-million-mile-2007-tundra/

You can find more by Goggling million mile Toyota truck if you are interested.

At the bottom of one of the stories were about a hundred comments from various readers. I was amazed at how many of the comments were negative. People commented yeah, but he had to replace the timing belts. Yeah, but he had to replace the alternator. Yeah, but he had to replace the shocks.

The truck had been driven an authenticated one million miles with no failings of a major component and people were finding fault with it. Automotive engineers were amazed by it. Automotive production people were amazed by it. People who know a heck of a lot about trucks were amazed and impressed by it and Toyota bought it to study it so they could make more like it.

But the average Joe? Naaaaaw. A million miles doesn't count because the guy had to replace the alternator and the average Joe wouldn't own a truck like that. His Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Nissan/whatever is a lot better than that lousy Toyota Tundra.

These negative remarks about the 1911 are right in line with those made about the million mile Toyota Tundra. And people who think like that explains how Obama got elected twice.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/21/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.