Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
OK, I think I understand your position better now. So you don't disagree with my post above, right? It can be made right and it can be made not right. Not the fault of the design.

No, you don't get his point or position........he thinks 1911's are dogshitt because, across all the manufacturers, the odds of getting one that runs well & reliably with any ammo out of the box are probably not more than 60/40.

Him & others want every one to be (Glock) perfect & use Glock as the measuring stick; they want 100% plug & play & have no feel for the aesthetics or the personality & feel of a 1911.........they don't want to have to tweak them, tune them or deal with anything short of perfection to perform, through umpteen thousands of rounds between cleanings out of the box.

It's symptomatic of the way of the world today.

So, maybe now you get his & others subtle & unspoken position.......haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love.

Just let it go & move on; there is really no rational way to deal with them.

And besides that, there's the trolling..........

After all, those opinions & preferences have no impact on those willing to deal with 1911's as they are & who are willing to & can, make them as reliable as a Glock (or M&P, or Sig, etc, etc.)

MM