Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by deflave
Who should or should not own a Glock? GO! Dave
I should not. Because I reload.. And because I think they're brick-ugly.. Dat's why.. smile

And, they don't fit my hand as well as a 1911.

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones who have owned multiple 1911's and never "had" to tinker with one to get it to function.

I've had after-market magazine and ammo problems that caused malfunctions, but not a single one that I could attribute to the design or the manufacture. I have owned Colts and Springfields in full-size, Commander, and Officer's models.

I am a Colt factory trained armorer and have built several 1911's, including the two I currently have which are built on Springfield frames and slides.

The older 1911's, pre-CNC tooling, quite often need tuning up to become 100% reliable, and it's usually extractor and/or magazine issues that cause the problems.

The 1911 was not John Browning's final design and is not the "be-all, end-all" solution some folks claim.

It just happens to work for me and I trust my life to it.

One aspect of the thumb safety on a 1911 was, when I started shooting an AR-15, manipulation of the safety was automatic for me.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell