Originally Posted by viking
Hot da m, these 1911 subjects are all most as fun as mini-14-AR15 rants.

I have not tallied the number recently, but I've owned about 20 1911's over the years. Some I sold even though they worked fine, some didn't work well and got sent down the road. I'm down to 9 of them in various calibers and configurations.

I've tried to like Glocks & Sigs and never can warm up to them. Or I'd buy one and find flaws in it. Now the HK P30LS works very well for me, so I think it is fine as far as high cap 9mm's go, and the manual of arms is enough like a 1911 that it is easy to transition.

1911's all have their quirks as far as reliability. You need to test them for reliability with a preferred load and magazine. Once proven for a few hundred rounds, they may need cleaning every few hundred rounds, or a recoil spring change (depending on the quality of the springs) every thousand rounds or so, but within those constraints, they seldom give trouble.

Yes magazine capacity is a real issue. You simply have to ask yourself if more than 8 shots is required. They are generally easier to shoot accurately than other pistols - and yeah I know some will vehemently argue that point.

I drive a fairly new Jeep with a manual transmission; some people would call it impractical, but I think it is very practical, for my specific reasons. The 1911 still works very well, for some people.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."