Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I just find it strange how I never encounter all these bad 1911's. Now perhaps it's because I don't shoot 2,000 rounds per day for 5-10 days straight or something. But with normal numbers put through my guns, I have had ZERO problems. I only have two 1911's at current, one for 13 years, and one for 5 years now. Both get shot on a regular basis, and I haven't cleared a single malfunction out of either pistol. And all my friends who I go shooting with that have 1911's, none of them are having any problems.

There are a lot of great pistols out there, many better than the 1911, but the 1911 is typically a good pistol when built right.

All the Rugers I have played with have been very well made, and every one of them have worked.
Of the dozen or so that I've owned, I've had problems with four. The Springfield Loaded model I bought early on in that run was useless out of the box. Springfield fixed it up, though, and threw in an action tune job. After that, it went thousands of rounds without a failure ... not one. The other two were Kimbers ... my only two Kimbers. Both were lemons. Both were also shorties, so that might be why.

Then there was the used Colt Officers ACP I bought in the 1980s. Worthless. Could be it just needed some spring and magazine switches, but I just sold it at a gun show. Whoever got it probably just did some spring and mag switches and resolved the problem, but I don't know. So that's four out of the dozen or so I've had. The remainder were, and have been, completely reliable to my experience.

Didn't you have a Brown that wouldn't run?

Dink