Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by GunGeek

DINK goes into his new ownership of a 1911 with zero faith in that weapon. I'd say that makes him a bad candidate for a 1911 owner.

Kevin,
I am just realistic about what a production 1911 will do. What it will do is let you down. I bet I have owned and been around more 1911's than you have.

I wish they worked but I can't get them to all the time.

I also bet you don't burn many rounds in yours or carry yours very much. That's the reason you don't post pics of it.

Dink

Ah, just another "_____ pistol sucks because mine didn't work perfectly" thread.

I have no idea how many rounds Kevin has fired from his 1911. No idea how many have been fired from mine, either. It's a 1970s vintage Colt Series 70, factory nickel, that was bought by the father of a dear friend and carried by that man for many years. My friend then carried it, and I know for a fact that both of them shot the Hell out of it (as they did with all the firearms they owned). I received it as a "gift"/"permanent loan" almost a decade ago. I've carried it a LOT and shot it a LOT. To my knowledge, it has never failed to feed, fire, or eject.

Obviously, YMMV, but it doesn't mean that the 1911 is a poor choice for carry. You simply prefer something else. I don't like or trust Beretta M9/92s because I had three break on me. I know other folks who have carried and shot them for years with no malfunctions whatsoever. Does that mean the Beretta "sucks" because I don't trust it and had bad experiences with it? No. It means I need to carry something else because for ME, the Beretta isn't something that inspires confidence, and confidence is key. Hell, I even had a Glock go "kaboom" on me; something that I've never had happen with any 1911 I've owned or shot. Does that mean that Glocks "suck"? I think not, but if you're going to malign an entire design because you are having problems with it while others don't, well....

Anyway, enough with that; have fun with the rest of the trolling post as you've clearly gotten plenty of bites and I suspect that was the purpose.

What's "a lot"?

I work a second job solely to buy powder, primers and bullets. My definition of a lot and your probably differ.

How many rounds have you personally put through the colt in ten years?

I am sure there are production 1911's that work but the ain't near as common as everyone says they are.

Your last statement almost hurt my feeling. I didn't force anyone to reply.

Dink

I don't keep count, frankly. I could toss out some number, but it'd be a flat out guess.

My last statement clearly was accurate.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.