Originally Posted by smallfry

But you feel the need to defend 1911s, why? By all means spend time defending your flawless pistols, it's called a consciousness of guilt. I don't think most who have been around the block with pistols, think 1911s are even in the top 5 most reliable semi autos. Most of the posts by people who have reliable 1911s have consisted of owners lamenting the good old days of the flawless 1911, and how they aren't built that way now but "I gota 1911 that's worked flawless for years" an iffya get a good smith and dozen books you'll be ok. Talk about Stockholm syndrome with a pistol ffsake lmao. Congrats

Last response to you & it is now clearly evident that you are now most definitely & profoundly one who should never, ever own a 1911.

My 1911's (double digit numbers) don't need any defense, & yes, as a matter of fact, they are all flawless.

But I'll admit to keeping them reasonably clean & not attempting to run them through 5,000 round durability tests w/o cleaning......which neither accomplishes nor proves anything; and, yes, they were all set up correctly before a single round was ever run through them.

I have no consciousness of guilt whatsoever either.........whatever that is.

As to a Top 5 gun for reliability (according to anyone who's been around the block, whoever that might be), I probably wouldn't argue too much with that when it comes to buying samples for all the various 1911 manufacturers & comparing them against all the various (better, top tier) plastic guns.

But............

A good 1911 can easily be a Top 5 pistol if it's right (but, still, maybe not according to anyone who's been around the block).

I own various other pistols not 1911's, like various Beretta's, M&P's, H-K, & Glocks & I have no problem liking any of them & carry a
G-19 equally as often as a 1911.

What I really don't like, & can't tolerate much of, is dumbasses who know nothing about 1911's yet want to condemn all of them because of getting a hold of a schitty one or two, which are surely out there, given the multitude of different manufacturers, some of them pretty schitty, & then not having a fu^cking clue about the gun & then getting on gun forums like this & running their mouths about how bad theirs (& by default) all other 1911's are.

And I could care less about the "old" 1911's or "the good old days" either..............the oldest 1911 that I own is a mid-1970's Combat Commander.

And, yes, it needed some work to remedy the non-throated barrel & the schitty stock Colt magazines from that era that came with it...........after that, it, like all the others, has been flawless, let me repeat that for you.............flawless, with all types of ammo, even with the schitty factory Colt magazines, with reconfigured lips & with correct followers & springs.

So smallfry, I hope you have a really nice day..........maybe suck on an egg or two.

Sincerely,

MM