A lot of FANCY 1911 owners have learned to like Crow because they have had to eat so much of it. I also have a friend who has two FANCY 1911's with the same FANCY name on both of them. That of course, means that he is twice as good. He failed to finish the last combat match after having broken BOTH of his FANCY guns and finished the match under alibi shooting my Taurus PT 1911 pistol with the modifications previously mentioned. Oh the SHAME of it!!! He'll NEVER live it down.

Actually, I feel sorry for those guys. They laid out good money and they have the right to expect it to be like the advertising hype. But they also had the responsibility of actually going to matches and seeing what works and what does not. But did they do that?? Helllllll Noooooooo. They went to a FANCY gun forum where everybody owned one and they all said their FANCY pistols were perfect. Many of those responding had probably NEVER even fired their FANCY pistol because they didn't want to ruin the "collectors" value of an unfired FANCY pistol.

I got one of those FANCY pistols on a rifle trade, but it is blue and if you shoot combat with it much, it will quickly wear the finish. That is why I went to the stainless Taurus to build a competetion pistol. Stainless pistols don't show the wear nearly as bad as blued guns do. You can completely wear off almost all of the finish on a blue gun in one season. It's no big deal. It doesn't change how the pistol shoots. Actually, that is how I spot the real pistoleros at a match before it even starts. Their blue guns look like schitt because they have shot them so much and holster worn them. So watch out for the guy with the ugly pistol.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/17/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.