My Les Baer actually jammed once, recently. I fretted & fumed over it. At some point it dawned on me that I've never cleaned it in several years, and really tightly fitted pistols need occasional cleaning smirk

I have a Colt Gold Cup Trophy as well, one of the recent ones that has the Bomar-style rear sight. That thing eats anything, and shoots very well, too. I'm thinking Nighthawk-style night sights for it, and maybe get the frame checkered.

I fooled around recently with a Rock Island in .22 TCM, which is more or less a 9mm necked to .22. It had problems extracting, which is reported common in that caliber. I polished the chamber, then Ultra Bore Coated the chamber & feed ramp. It ran like a top thereafter, and I noticed the feedramp was much slicker in feel. I'm planning to experiment further with some of my other pistols, slicking up breech faces and feed ramps.

The Glocks and other guns frequently have nitrided (Tennifer) slides which have a hard surface. That may well be one reason for their reliability. Nitriding may not be in the cards for a 1911 slide, but polishing and UBC, is easy.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."