And if I was near, I'd gladly accept it Don. Thanks. I am born, raised and have always lived in the deep south, but one of the neatest things that happened to me is when I was being processed for my Navy discharge at the Brooklyn Naval Station in New York. There was a group of us there and our Navy service was over and we were all petty officers, so we didn't have anything to do but wait for the Yomen to process the paper work. My orders read: report to the duty officer at Naval Station Brooklyn, New York by 0600 hours 17, June, 1967 for out processing.

In the meantime, those of us waiting for out processing and final orders were free to come and go as we pleased. All we had to do was muster every morning with the master at arms and be accounted for. One of the guys waiting there was from up state New York. He and I got to talking about hunting and we went to the Chief Master at Arms and told him where we wanted to go and got permission to be gone for three days. We went up in the Catskill Mountains to his family hunting camp and I met some really good deer hunters. My family also had a hunting camp down south, so we just hit it off like we were all old friends. Until then, I had never thought of New York being anything other than New York City. WOW!! What a difference it is in upstate. There are some real Americans up there. I have never forgoten that experience and it completely changed my views about the state of New York. I always tell my southern friends that there are two New Yorks: The city and upstate.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/18/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.