Clark, they are Kimber's. I don't mean to pick on them, but they just AIN'T all they are cracked up to be IN MY OPINION and I could be wrong. And yes, I own a nice Kimber 45 auto pistol. It is one of the first batch made and it has the Clackamas, OR roll mark on the frame. I don't shoot it much because I have the Taurus gun and a Colt made in 1942 (the year I was born) during WWII. The Colt was apparently issued to an officer because it had not been shot much and the finish is excellent. I got it in 1962 from a guy who had a 5 gallon bucket full of Colts and cosmoline. Actually, he owed me 40 bucks and asked if I would take a pistol instead of the money and I was happy to do that. My dad looked at it after I got the cosmoline off and told me it had likely been an officers pistol or stored in a military arseonel because of the condition it is in. It had only been made 20 years when I got it and I have had it the 54 years since. All of them are steel 5 inch barreled pistols like Browning designed them to be.

Dink. I feel for you. Like Sarge says, buy a Colt made pistol. Then send it one of the 45 auto pistol smiths of your choice and have them go through it for you. I used to have Jim Clark over in Louisana do mine, but Jim is dead now and I don't know who the modern day hot rock pistol smiths are any more. Or heck, see if Sarge will do that for you. He is a lot younger than I am and can still see. I would offer to do it, but I am 74 and scheduled for cataract eye surgery later this summer. I can't see well enough to do good close work anymore. I do it for myself, but I don't want to do it for anyone else. It ain't easy getting old, but that sure as hell beats the other option.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/17/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.