Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by smallfry

But you feel the need to defend 1911s, why? By all means spend time defending your flawless pistols, it's called a consciousness of guilt. I don't think most who have been around the block with pistols, think 1911s are even in the top 5 most reliable semi autos. Most of the posts by people who have reliable 1911s have consisted of owners lamenting the good old days of the flawless 1911, and how they aren't built that way now but "I gota 1911 that's worked flawless for years" an iffya get a good smith and dozen books you'll be ok. Talk about Stockholm syndrome with a pistol ffsake lmao. Congrats
Or perhaps it's something else...naw, couldn't be.

I mean it couldn't be that other people honestly have a very different experience...and have so for decades.

So is any contrary opinion a consciousness of guilt? Do you see what a ridiculous statement that was.

I guess the only valid opinions are those who say the 1911 is crap. [/quote]

No, but you don't need to defend your flawless 1911s, because some 1911s are quite a bit more reliable than others. I had one built by Nelson Ford that I felt was fairly reliable. But I sold it because I didn't think it was reliable enough and better defensive pistols were on the market. Really I think the 1911 makes an absolutly $hitty combat gun for a lot of reasons. grin

Last edited by smallfry; 07/18/16.