Sarge, you have earned the right to what you say and you always say it like a man. I think most of us here appreciate that approach because we sure as hell don't see if coming from any of our current political leaders.

I was struck by your comments on how to build a basic 1911. That is exactly the approach I have used since 1958 when I was 16 years old and starting to learn about how firearms work. But back then, surplus parts were plentiful and cheap and many people like me just bought them at gun shows, Army/Navy Surplus Stores, or mail order places and put together our own 1911's for about 35 or 40 bucks. (My dad retired from the Marine Corps in 1954 as the First Sargent at the Annapolous Naval Accademy where he taught hand gun instruction to the cadets, so I had a good instructor who knew what he was doing.) I used to put those guns together for 35 bucks worth of parts and sell them for 45 bucks and I thought I was in high cotton.

Today, if you get a good forged frame and slide from almost any responsible maker and go to Cylinder and Slide and put in their properly made and rockwell tested forged/machined parts, you will have a good, dependable gun for a couple hundred bucks less than one of the "FANCY NAME" pistols that seem to be all the rage today. My pet peeve is those dam usless rod guides which make take down unnecessairly difficult, but do not improve the functioning of the pistol at all.

People are always going to buy the "shiney object" and the BS advertising and then they are going to bitch about the gun rather than their lack of diligence in doing their home work. And they probably voted for Hope and Change too, so just consider the source.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/17/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.