Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by smallfry
It's the truth that scares 1911 owners $hitless. 90% of all 1911 conversations are about how to make it more reliable or defending the reliability of the 1911. Congrats?

You're obviously one of the scared schittless ones & also one of the ones who is probably better off not owning a 1911. Those conversations are only taking place with those that fall into that category.

Just for conversation, went to the range this AM with 2 POS 1911's, a POS G-19, a POS Beretta 92, a POS Match High Standard .22, & a pair of POS AR-15's, each of a different version...............shot about 1,000 rounds between 3 shooters & all the guns, & lo & behold, not a single failure with any of those POS weapons, but I was holding my breath the whole time there.

The POS 1911's, POS G-19 & the POS Beretta 92 were all feeding on handloads.

Came home, had a cold beer, & tuned in here to some more intelligent conversation on the Camp'fire about people being scared schitless about 1911's.

MM

But you feel the need to defend 1911s, why? By all means spend time defending your flawless pistols, it's called a consciousness of guilt. I don't think most who have been around the block with pistols, think 1911s are even in the top 5 most reliable semi autos. Most of the posts by people who have reliable 1911s have consisted of owners lamenting the good old days of the flawless 1911, and how they aren't built that way now but "I gota 1911 that's worked flawless for years" an iffya get a good smith and dozen books you'll be ok. Talk about Stockholm syndrome with a pistol ffsake lmao. Congrats