Regarding the "skewering" of 1911 aficionados, I will simply say that this is something that goes far beyond the Model 1911 platform. Over the years I have noticed that there are some individuals on the various internet forums that take a perverse pleasure in knocking or deriding certain popular firearms or cartridges. Whenever I see someone extol the virtues of a particular firearm or cartridge, I can almost guarantee that a particular poster will weigh in with a derogatory commentary in a very short time. It is simply not enough for them to promote their perceived "ideal" firearm or cartridge, but they feel compelled to drag any dissenting opinion thru the mud. On another forum one particular poster (I see he is on this forum as well) has it in for the .45 Colt cartridge. Post something good about heavy loads for the .45 Colt (especially comparing it to .44 Magnum loads), and he will be trashing you and your loads in no time. Personally, there are several firearms and cartridges that I simply don't like (but don't hate) and will not own, but I refuse to spend any bandwidth trashing them. Just MHO.

Don

NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor