Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Looks like he did a fair job.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure reads different when you actually know the folks discussed, and have weathered the same storms and squalls here for decades,....that observation from a somewhat confident "newcomer". I can see a LOT of John Ladd's East boundary from where I sit typing,...and for whatever reason have had more experience playing midwife than that of coroner / undertaker. Have smiled my way through more than a few baby deliveries out and around this always amazing and amusing zone.
I've actually lost a couple of shirts,...guess they got "swaddled?".

GOOD barometer,...during any contemporary political round robin, when the opportunity presents itself, quietly ask how those participating feel about the loss of Rob Krentz.
BAD news,...the blank looks that you mostly get back.

It's sadly drifting that way as regards Brian Terry, too.

Ben, thanks for putting this up.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/23/16.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The wall is a toad. Very expensive and it won't work. A dumb idea from Donald our next great leader.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Te Wall is metaphor for actually enforcing the border.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the link,

Again, the only solution seems to be enforcement (perhaps combined with some rearrangement of immigration law) , which costs money, which the American public (represented by "Congress") refuses to pay for or acknowledge the need for.

Oh wait, I've only been seeing this since I moved close to the border in '63 as a kid.

Nothing has changed in all these years.

You border folks, stay safe.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Personally I think a much better idea would be mine fields along the border

The Mexican side of the border..along with a free fire zone

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm hoping when Trump says build a wall that he also means significantly increasing border batrols as well.

I can't say I believe a wall will ever be built but the idea of a wall is its an obstacle to slow them down and have a point of entry that a patrol can focus on as opposed to having to thousands of acres

If we just build a wall and keep border patrol on a skeleton crew of gatekeepers, then it will be completely useless.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by GunReader

Exactly. Trump intentionally speaks on a 7th grade level (have you been to WalMart lately, LOL). The man is no idiot. When he says build a wall, he means he will stop illegal immagration. He is certainly not one to throw money at inneffective solutions. You can bet his solution will come from those in the trenches. Thats his standard OP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunReader

This^^^^^

It's not so much the wall as it is the enforcement of the law. the law that says if you want to come to America there are rules you must follow. If The Donald can do that, then a huge expensive wall is probably not needed.

My bet is the guys along the border are so tired of a non effective federal government they have resigned themselves to forever having to deal with trespassers and thieve on their land and factor it in to the high cost of doing business.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump better build something that resembles a wall if he is elected - doesn't matter if its effective or not.

I don't think the public is going to settle for a metaphor and marginal results.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/23/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
That "wall" better also be found in airport terminals, at arrivals.

Fast track the departures.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
Trump better build something that resembles a wall if he is elected - doesn't matter if its effective or not.

I don't think the public is going to settle for a metaphor and marginal results.

....no you don't

Seems there's always better brain trust available here, proportionate to distance from the actual line,.....anybody from Nome care to REALLY get us up to speed on what's needed ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WTM45
That "wall" better also be found in airport terminals, at arrivals.

Fast track the departures.

Preach it, bro !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

....no you don't

Seems there's always better brain trust available here, proportionate to distance from the actual line,.....anybody from Nome care to REALLY get us up to speed on what's needed ?

GTC

if you're capable of coherent thought, go back and read what I posted again - I didn't say what was needed, I said the man has promised a wall and that is the peoples expectations.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/24/16.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

....no you don't

GTC

Greg,

sometimes you are a funny guy!

A wall sounds easy until one sees what one has to do to put in the footing!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I don't believe anything that the New York Time puts out! A wall could be built but not if the liberals are in charge. I read an estimate put out our liberal government a few years ago for construction of the wall and the cost per mile was unbelievable. According to our government the construction of the wall would cost much more than the cost of building a 6 lane interstate highway that included the cost of buying right-of-way and bridge construction. Our liberal government would probably bid out the construction and China would win the bid. Companies in the US wouldn't stand a chance because they would have to pay union wages and budget for the required bribes. I forgot about all the pork that would have to be added to the bill for buying votes. Israel has built a pretty good wall and is going to improve it by adding concrete underground to prevent tunneling. If we do get a wall built and the invaders tunnel under or get over our wall I'm all for setting mines. I found the a link yet for the cost estimate I was talking about.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Looks like Trump will need to dumb it down more for Losthighway to follow. Not surprising that idiot can't grasp a concept.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wonder if this doesn't need a bump.

Wonder if anybody all horned up for drones on the border might trouble himself to read this fine article.

...and thanks again, Ben and Crystal !

GTC

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
One huge step....if you hire illegals....you are prosecuted.
"Take the sugar off the table and they won't come to the picnic."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (6MMWASP, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,385
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.