Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I gonna sign up as a volunteer to help President Trump build the wall. I've always wanted to learn masonry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Probably won't happen at all. Maybe a facade. It doesn't matter though. Trumps our man.

No way he's building a wall. He has a tendency to "over speak". Some folks call it lieing.

Only those who can't spell.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SakoAV
I gonna sign up as a volunteer to help President Trump build the wall. I've always wanted to learn masonry.

Who's going to teach you, donald? grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
I think his wall means, patrol with A-10 Warthogs on a five mile buffer zone both north and south of the border.

Now you're talkin!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You want to secure the border:

1. Crackdown on the companies hiring the illegals. Jail the key company officers who order and/or do it. Seize the company assets and sell them at public auction with monies being applied to the national debt.

2. Create a five mile wide DMZ type area along the border complete with minefields, no less than three full divisions of troops, artillery, air support and everything else needed to secure it as best as is humanly possible. Any thing or any one caught inside the DMZ area will be eliminated on sight.

3. Inform Mexico that if they do not stem the flow of people across the border on their side it will be considered an act of war and dealt with accordingly.

4. Declare all the drug cartels terrorist organizations and let the military loose on them.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by dale06
The wall will be virtual, consisting of military and other people and technologies that will prevent illegal crossing.

Enforcing "no hire of illegals" is a good idea, but un enforceable.

But if you coupled mandatory 2 year prison terms (for the first offense, more for repeaters) to those hiring illegals, it might have an effect.

I still think that seizing all physical and financial assets of both the illegals AND the people who hire them, rent to them, provide shelter for them or in any way assist them in remaining in the country illegally, would solve the problem in short order...the death penalty should also be a tool available for the prosecution of drug smugglers...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My advice to President Trump would be to make his tall wall a more formidable Maginot Line. He ought to put air conditioned towers every mile or so that are armed with the most modern military equipment. Maybe air conditioned snipers' nests every half-mile, and train Border Patrol agents sniping and terrorist identification. Maybe a few drone stations every hundred miles or so.

Local sheriffs have said that terrorists have entered the US through the sieve that is now our southern border. When our sophisticated electronic equipment picks up terrorists, drones will make confirmation and that's that. If a Border Patrol sniper ID's a terrorist, the terrorist won't even know he's dead. For poor Mexicans wanting to enter our country illegally, we'll treat them with dignity and respect, give them enough food and water to get back home, and give them liberal and neocon politicians' paychecks as seed money. I'd rather give money to people who want to work than politicians who are working to destroy the sovereignty of our country.

BTW, the down low is President Trump is gonna hire Vicente Fox as a wall building laborer, but Mexicans are gonna pay him.

Last edited by SakoAV; 07/24/16.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

1. Crackdown on the companies hiring the illegals. Jail the key company officers who order and/or do it. Seize the company assets and sell them at public auction with monies being applied to the national debt.

2. Create a five mile wide DMZ type area along the border complete with minefields, no less than three full divisions of troops, artillery, air support and everything else needed to secure it as best as is humanly possible. Any thing or any one caught inside the DMZ area will be eliminated on sight.

3. Inform Mexico that if they do not stem the flow of people across the border on their side it will be considered an act of war and dealt with accordingly.

4. Declare all the drug cartels terrorist organizations and let the military loose on them.

There is a serious problem with #1 which MUST be addressed first.

We must protect employers from retribution when they attempt to ascertain legal status of prospective employees.

Presently employers are fined by the gov't and sued in civil court for discrimination, simply for trying to find out if an applicant is legal.

You can not make it impossible to determine legal status, then sieze assets when a company hires illegals........unless your ultimate goal is to transfer all corporate assets into the hands of .gov.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Politicians create the problem then create felons outta ordinary Americans. BS. Build the damned wall!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It worked for China, didn't it? Been up thousands of years and there's still no Mexicans there.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to make it illegal to hire mesicans without visas? I suppose that would be too easy.

I believe it is illegal now; I've always had to show proof of citizenship (birth certificate, passport) for employment. But, it doesn't seem to be legally enforced and prosecuted.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The fact is, we simply don’t need to build a wall.
Just pass and enforce laws against hiring illegal immigrants.
1st offence, $250 fine PER illegal
2nd offence, $2,500 per
3rd offence, $25,000 plus mandatory 1 month in jail.
Cut off all welfare.
Within 6 months, 90% will scurrying back across the border.
The ones that are left are real criminals, convict them and lock them up, and take the cost of the up keep from aid to Mexico.

MOLON LABE
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
40,000 (over, how many years?) is a long way from the millions presently swarming into the country.

And it would not so much be a case of our boys murdering innocent civilians as it would be suicide by GI. The decision would be made by the idiot trying to run a gauntlet of machine gun fire.

This was between 1961 (when erected) and 1989 (when torn down). Even if this is fewer refugees than we now experience, I don't think the US wants to be known as a nation that shoots people seeking a more secure life.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Anaconda
2nd offence, $2,500 per
Cut off all welfare.
The ones that are left are real criminals, convict them and lock them up, and take the cost of the up keep from aid to Mexico.

I'll go with the fine and jail sentence, but I'd want the punishment to be higher. Say, minimum $10,000 and 2 years for 1st offense and tripling for each subsequent offense. Strong penalties = better compliance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
I don't think [].

You should simply, and always, stop there.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

"2. Create a five mile wide DMZ type area along the border complete with minefields, no less than three full divisions of troops, artillery, air support and everything else needed to secure it as best as is humanly possible. Any thing or any one caught inside the DMZ area will be eliminated on sight."

And what will be the cost of buying the 2,000 mile long by 5 mile wide strip of land from the ranchers, farmers, citizens and towns within this area? Who will pay for it (maybe just add it to the National Debt that Donald Trump opined that he'd forfeit on).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Anaconda
2nd offence, $2,500 per
Cut off all welfare.

it'd be a great start.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs

"2. Create a five mile wide DMZ type area along the border complete with minefields, no less than three full divisions of troops, artillery, air support and everything else needed to secure it as best as is humanly possible. Any thing or any one caught inside the DMZ area will be eliminated on sight."

And what will be the cost of buying the 2,000 mile long by 5 mile wide strip of land from the ranchers, farmers, citizens and towns within this area? Who will pay for it (maybe just add it to the National Debt that Donald Trump opined that he'd forfeit on).

Who said it would be on OUR side of the border?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by gunner500
I think his wall means, patrol with A-10 Warthogs on a five mile buffer zone both north and south of the border.

Now you're talkin!

You bet Dirt, then x-ray and blow the tunnels shut!

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But, it doesn't seem to be legally enforced and prosecuted.

golly gee whiz. I wonder who's responsible for that?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,108
Posts18,502,258
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.