Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
NPR of all places this morning interviewed the head of the democratic party in whatever county Lancaster, PA is in

They asked him if Hillary was able to reach out to steel workers and coal miners - he said Trump is more popular now than ever, they've had record voter registration (democrats) and the new voters aren't voting for Hillary.

He went on to say that people even know that Trump won't be bringing back steel jobs that went away 30 years ago , but saying he is going to try is more than any Democrat has said and thats good enough for the old hard liners who haven't warmed up to Hillary.

He wasn't a Trump supporter, he was pissed off saying he didn't understand why Democrats were going to vote for Trump when he doesn't give specifics.

Pretty interesting to hear.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/24/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
and Nate Silver - who has been wrong about every opportunity given on Trump not winning is now saying this....

If the election were held Monday, Donald Trump would likely win.

That's what renowned statistician Nate Silver projected on Monday for his data journalism outlet FiveThirtyEight.

In his "Now-cast" election model for who would win if ballots were cast Monday, Silver gave the Republican nominee a 57.5% chance of winning the presidency.

Presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton had a 42.5% chance of securing the nation's highest office if voters were to take to the polls Monday.

Silver's model had Trump winning in the swing states of Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire. He would win 285 electoral votes in Silver's model.

It's the first time in Silver's "Now-cast" forecast that Trump has been projected to win.

However, in Silver's polls-only forecast and in his polls-plus forecast, Clinton was still favored to come out on top. In the polls-only model, Clinton had a 53.7% chance of winning, while in the polls-plus model, Silver gave Clinton a 58.2% chance of winning in November. But those numbers are a drastic drop-off from where they recently were — hovering around 80%.

Silver raised eyebrows Friday on Twitter when he pointed out "how plausible it is that Trump could become president."

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since they passed NAFTA 20 years ago 60000 manufacturing plants have closed nation wide.NAFTA alone cost us 900000 manufacturing jobs.
If every manufacturing job supports 5 service jobs.
How many jobs have we lost?
CAFTA with the chi-coms an order of magnitude worse.
Democrats and harvard/yale egghead academics look down on Manufacturing because it might be dirty and cause climate change.So 19th century..
Plus its alot nicer pushing paper around in a air conditioned office than being out in a dirty, smelly, sweaty shop, making stuff.Making stuff is so underclass..
Republicans look down on Manufacturing for the simple reason that your middle income Manufacturing job, pays to much.For 30 years they have been running all over the world..NAFTA,CAFTA,TPP.
Sad to see the party of Goldwater,Eisenhower and Regan all over the world sucking foreign dick to get a higher stock price and there elections paid for.
The "advanced economy" is a mandated 15 dollar minimum wage service sector job and chitty goverment heathcare.
And a slow spiral to a lower standard of living.
As Manufacturing goes so goes the rest of the country.
Its no surprise to me that people in Lancaster, Pa.,get it.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dave7mm

Republicans look down on Manufacturing for the simple reason that your middle income Manufacturing job, pays to much.For 30 years they have been running all over the world..NAFTA,CAFTA,TPP.
Sad to see the party of Goldwater,Eisenhower and Regan all over the world sucking foreign dick to get a higher stock price and there elections paid for.
The "advanced economy" is a mandated 15 dollar minimum wage service sector job and chitty goverment heathcare.
dave

I hear ya

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Since they passed NAFTA 20 years ago 60000 manufacturing plants have closed nation wide.NAFTA alone cost us 900000 manufacturing jobs.
If every manufacturing job supports 5 service jobs.
How many jobs have we lost?
CAFTA with the chi-coms an order of magnitude worse.
Democrats and harvard/yale egghead academics look down on Manufacturing because it might be dirty and cause climate change.So 19th century..
Plus its alot nicer pushing paper around in a air conditioned office than being out in a dirty, smelly, sweaty shop, making stuff.Making stuff is so underclass..
dave

Yep!

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
And the unions......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by KFWA
NPR of all places this morning interviewed the head of the democratic party in whatever county Lancaster, PA is in

Lancaster County, historically a red county in the state.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Lancaster a fairly rural area.

It's Philly that will by and large control how this state falls in the presidential election. Those of us outside the major urban areas are glad not to be in them, but we also know our presidential votes are usually meaningless.

I vote every time, but it's hard for farm country to overcome the votes that get counted in Philly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tddeangelo

I vote every time, but it's hard for farm country to overcome the votes that get counted multiple times in Philly.

Fixed it for you.............

MM

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Oh, make no mistake, I didn't ignore that aspect of Philly votes. That why I worded it as I did. Notice I didn't say "the number of voters"? smile

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

It's Philly that will by and large control how this state falls in the presidential election. Those of us outside the major urban areas are glad not to be in them, but we also know our presidential votes are usually meaningless.

I vote every time, but it's hard for farm country to overcome the votes that get counted in Philly.

That's how it is here in NewYorkistan,Very conservative upstate,we just cant compete with the urbanites.
Hopefully Dems are worried everywhere

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought maybe by the subject of the post, they were afraid of the Amish Mafia that operates in that area.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

Its looking close this year in PA, you've got a real chance to make a difference ( somethings that's really quite a rare in a presidential election). Vote and make sure your like minded friends and relatives are registered and get to the polls.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

It's the same in MN with the Twin Chitholes. Hopefully enough of the white Yankee (as Steelhead calls them) Bernie supporters either stay home or get enough common sense (yeah right) not to vote for a lying, murderous [bleep].

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Oh, make no mistake, I didn't ignore that aspect of Philly votes. That why I worded it as I did. Notice I didn't say "the number of voters"? smile

Sounds nice, but look at ALL the White Yankees in the sticks too that vote for Obama.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/states/president/pennsylvania.html

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Lycoming County PA - 30,000 voted McCain, 18,000 voted Obama.

The county is 94% WHITE

Beaver County PA - 42,000 went McCain, 39,000 Obama. Beaver county is 93% WHITE.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of states bear the burden of one or two metro areas controlling the state. If you think Lancaster is rural, travel a bit.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
A lot of states bear the burden of one or two metro areas controlling the state. If you think Lancaster is rural, travel a bit.

Unfortunately it's the WHITE people in Yankee land.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The only county "in the sticks" that voted for Obama wa's elk...every other county is metropolitan

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
The only county "in the sticks" that voted for Obama wa's elk...every other county is metropolitan

i don't understand elk county but the rest have large populations of blacks who turned out for zero and doubtful will turn out for hillary whereas mccain/mitt were about as exciting as a bowl of plain oatmeal to PA voters.

williamsport
allentown
harrisburg
johnstown
erie
scranton

i see A LOT of trump signs and almost NO clinton signs. 4 years ago there was lots of bammy signs.

i have a good feeling about PA at this point.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1minute, 01Foreman400, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,567
Posts18,491,832
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.